G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:06 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I'll just clip this out of the rest of the noise and take it at face value. Thank you.

As for drama queen... puleeese. If I were half the queen you are, I could go on tour.
Well then, let's go on tour. You can be my manager because most of them are ****** anyway.........................................and you're welcome.

Last edited by AroundTheG37; 04-06-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: yay
Old 04-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
BTW guys... I ordered the Vert Cradle Braces this morning.

While certainly parts on the Vert, they're more commonly found on the 370Z.

Might be nothing but added weight, or they might tighten up cornering a little. IDK. But there's a reason why the Vert and the Z have them, and that has to be for a structural rigidity that isn't there otherwise. The Vert because convertible, and the Z because sportscar.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:30 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts

Might be nothing but added weight, or they might tighten up cornering a little. IDK. But there's a reason why the Vert and the Z have them, and that has to be for a structural rigidity that isn't there otherwise. The Vert because convertible, and the Z because sportscar.
Be interested to see how this pans out though I'm not sure if they'll fit on my X.

Not finishing much on my end. I have all the parts now for the folding power mirror and winker mod, need to scrub and condition the new interior, might be going with blue CF on the interior and am slowly working on tuning the car.

FINALLY got all the crap out of the old place and into the new one, hopefully will have some time soon depending on travel. AZ and Chile look to be on deck soon.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Be interested to see how this pans out though I'm not sure if they'll fit on my X.
Your X already has a pair of cradle braces, but they're a different design. Two rods welded into a plate, with two connecting points. The Vert uses the 370Z brace, which is a single (heavy) piece of bent sheetmetal, and three connecting points.

The point is (no pun), you're already there.

FINALLY got all the crap out of the old place and into the new one, hopefully will have some time soon depending on travel. AZ and Chile look to be on deck soon.
And I finally got my kitchen back. Still waiting on some things to get to 100%. It was a long, awkward winter dealing with that renovation. Thank God for First World problems.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:40 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Your X already has a pair of cradle braces, but they're a different design. Two rods welded into a plate, with two connecting points. The Vert uses the 370Z brace, which is a single (heavy) piece of bent sheetmetal, and three connecting points.

The point is (no pun), you're already there.

And I finally got my kitchen back. Still waiting on some things to get to 100%. It was a long, awkward winter dealing with that renovation. Thank God for First World problems.
So I really am a race car?

Glad the kitchen is back, has to make for a more pleasant home life.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

So I really am a race car?
Yep.

Take any G37x, swap out the swaybars and shocks, install some summer-only performance tires... and racecar

It really is that simple, isn't it?
The following users liked this post:
RexHavoc (04-06-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 08:12 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

It really was. The exhaust certainly helped but the m370 changed things a lot more too. Definitely for the better.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:33 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
I know the R1 had been in the works for five months or so. From the photos it looks good but im waiting to hear and see how the fitment is.

On a different note, was there a reason you went with the new Project Kics over the Revos? I just ordered my TPMS adaptors and found my valve stem caps. Trying to figure out what to do with wheels (gunmetal is the direction just when) and whether to change out my plate cover now.
Mark's trunk looks on point and so far i m swayed to his but i m waiting on the price.

no real reason it was just because i guess it was the newest and greatest thing out there lol but i do like the many color options for the caps i was thinking about going with the red caps and then changing to the red center cap for my durandals.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
You spent supercharger $$ on this kitchen and you've talked about it for what seems like years. Can we get pics and a review
twin_snails (04-07-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
You spent supercharger $$ on this kitchen and you've talked about it for what seems like years. Can we get pics and a review
Not until the backsplash is installed. Waiting on some travertine tiles to show up. And a new pub table.

You LED affionadoes would appreciate this, however: every light in the kitchen is LED, most of which are on dimmers. Can lights, ceiling fan, under cabinets, a leaded glass cabinet, the range hood. Heck, even our fridge has LED lighting. It's pretty cool.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:26 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
Mark's trunk looks on point and so far i m swayed to his but i m waiting on the price.

no real reason it was just because i guess it was the newest and greatest thing out there lol but i do like the many color options for the caps i was thinking about going with the red caps and then changing to the red center cap for my durandals.
Lol, love three truth in reasoning. I'm leaning in that direction as well. A bit pricier than the Revos tho. A purple cap would be nice...

A red cap change in yours would look dang nice.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:41 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
I know the R1 had been in the works for five months or so. From the photos it looks good but im waiting to hear and see how the fitment is.

On a different note, was there a reason you went with the new Project Kics over the Revos? I just ordered my TPMS adaptors and found my valve stem caps. Trying to figure out what to do with wheels (gunmetal is the direction just when) and whether to change out my plate cover now.
Lol, love three truth in reasoning. I'm leaning in that direction as well. A bit pricier than the Revos tho. A purple cap would be nice...

A red cap change in yours would look dang nice.
They dont offer a purple cap option i dont think but whos to say you cant buy the plastic or metal ones and paint them
Old 04-07-2015, 01:08 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Thanks! Although I'm going to raise the rear 5/8" within the next month or so.

Leaving them alone for now. I've got a Moonlight White Sedan, so polished aluminum should look just fine. But IDK really... I'll find out in a couple weeks.
Nice! Definitely interested in how that turns out. I think after that, it should be sitting just about prime.

Sweet! Did you have to order bolts or do the braces come with them?

-
Old 04-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
You LED affionadoes would appreciate this, however: every light in the kitchen is LED, most of which are on dimmers. Can lights, ceiling fan, under cabinets, a leaded glass cabinet, the range hood. Heck, even our fridge has LED lighting. It's pretty cool.
I recently switched our whole kitchen over to LED lights and LED specific dimmers, it's a nice upgrade
Old 04-07-2015, 08:06 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Sweet! Did you have to order bolts or do the braces come with them?
Yes, two each. Here, I copied this from ModMe's thread on this topic:

544C4-1EA0A Right brace
544C5-1EA0A Left brace
081B7-0455M x2 bolts
11298-CA015 x2 bolts

If you search on the part numbers, you'll find lots of retail sources. I searched for a while, then settled on NewAutoParts.com. Brackets, bolts and shipping for $96 to my door.

You know... I still can't say with 100% confidence that they fit on the sedan properly. While I'm confident the two bolts on the engine cradle are a match, (because it's the same engine cradle as the Coupe, Vert and Z), I don't know for sure if the bolt hole on the frame matches. Guess I'll find out in the next month or so. If it doesn't work out, I'll sell them to some G-Coupe owner in a FS thread, then buy either the AWD Sedan brakets, or the GT-Spec brackets. I'm going to reinforce those corners of the underside one way or another.

Nissan calls then Stay Brackets. I like calling them Vert Cradle Braces. Sounds more fancy.
twin_snails (04-07-2015)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread