G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
I'm putting the Vossens go back on the car this weekend. About freaking time, too.

When I took them off last December, I never bothered getting my duckfeet sensors calibrated, so all winter long I've had a Tire Pressure light on the dash. It will kind of nice to have that go away.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:42 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
Thoughts on a CF duckbill molded trunk on a liq plat Sedan? If I had any other color it would be a no brained. Just don't want it to look out of place or ricey. No black roof and probably will not go CF hood
You leaning towards the R1 "Bella"? I'm waiting to see it on Tommy's sedan but I think it might work. It'll be a lot of CF on the rear with the diffuser which may tie it in or look unbalanced when you look at the car together.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:44 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm putting the Vossens go back on the car this weekend. About freaking time, too.

When I took them off last December, I never bothered getting my duckfeet sensors calibrated, so all winter long I've had a Tire Pressure light on the dash. It will kind of nice to have that go away.
I apparently deleted my tire pressure light when playing around with the Ecutek set up the other day. Thought it would come back on but I may have killed it...

Thinking to go gunmetal with my summer wheels, what do you think?
Old 04-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Thinking to go gunmetal with my summer wheels, what do you think?
I think you should. Those black rims are too black on a black car.

Today was the first day I hand-washed the G in months. Every year, I'm routinely shocked at all the little orange specs down the doors and on the rear trunk/bumper. All well be right with the world after I get my first clay-bar session of the year going, but until then... OMG.

Catback arrives via UPS in four days. Oh-h-h-h yeah.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:24 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I can't wait to see your unpacking pictures. I think you're going to be very happy.

I think you're right on the wheels. Been struggling with it a bit but I think I have a solid direction now.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:43 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
You leaning towards the R1 "Bella"? I'm waiting to see it on Tommy's sedan but I think it might work. It'll be a lot of CF on the rear with the diffuser which may tie it in or look unbalanced when you look at the car together.
Either R1 or Marks it's funny how they came out at pretty much the same time. I think it comes down to price and how the duck bill actually looks. I think they vary a little bit
Old 04-06-2015, 05:24 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
I can't wait to see your unpacking pictures. I think you're going to be very happy.
and I can't wait till he hears the hiss for the first time.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:54 PM
LateralSpeed

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would love to see a pic with the Vossens on.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:05 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
Either R1 or Marks it's funny how they came out at pretty much the same time. I think it comes down to price and how the duck bill actually looks. I think they vary a little bit
I know the R1 had been in the works for five months or so. From the photos it looks good but im waiting to hear and see how the fitment is.

On a different note, was there a reason you went with the new Project Kics over the Revos? I just ordered my TPMS adaptors and found my valve stem caps. Trying to figure out what to do with wheels (gunmetal is the direction just when) and whether to change out my plate cover now.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Thanks, Chris. It's nice to know someone else is excited for something I'm doing, instead of rooting for disappointment. Can you imagine how fcked up someone has to be to actually hope someone else is unhappy?

Originally Posted by LateralSpeed
Would love to see a pic with the Vossens on.
Should look just like this... pic from last Fall:

Old 04-06-2015, 06:43 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
I say that is nice timing to receive your new exhaust at the beginning of spring. Really nice pic of your sedan there, forgot how classy it is! Simple , yet elegant!
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (04-06-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 06:54 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Thanks, Chris. It's nice to know someone else is excited for something I'm doing, instead of rooting for disappointment. Can you imagine how fcked up someone has to be to actually hope someone else is unhappy?

LOL@the drama queen. You say that's fked up but was it fked up when I went out of my way to try and warn you of this problem before ordering and even went as far as to actually make a video of it for you to listen to? Wow, what an a-hole, right? How terrible of me to try and help out a fellow forum member.

and for what it's worth, I hope you don't have hiss because no one should have to suffer through that (well, maybe you just a little ) but mostly because it would be nice to know that there are other options going forward. You also have great pictures and pay attention to detail in your review threads so I look forward to this one, good or bad.

Last edited by AroundTheG37; 04-06-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:55 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by roxx
Haha, no offense taken! I'm having a local guy who specializes in headlights do them. Still contemplating only 3 LEDs on each side. Also would it be problem to wire the orange light in my headlight to only be on when the turn signal is on? By problem I mean will I be loosing a large amount of light when driving at night? That bulb doesnt seem to be very bright.
Ok good! I'm not sure about the lighting. I've never cracked mine open. All I've done is 6k HID bulbs from diode dynamics. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with though!

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Yeah it definitely would take away a lot. I just noticed that my attached picture doesn't work, so here it is again

Attachment 111077

Mike, your car is looking great! I really like the orange accent strip you did in the headlights. I was thinking about that when I considered doing mine but I don't think I'm going to mess with them at this point.

John, I quite like your drop on the the Vossens. I think it's about perfect. YEAH! I'm glad the exhaust is finally got an arrival date. Looking forward to your impressions. Any decision on what you'll do with the cans yet? I blacked mine out because I didn't want to have every douch3 nozzle seeing chrome cans and thinking it's an invitation to race. I'm done with the whole paying my attorney's kid's college fund.

-

Last edited by twin_snails; 04-06-2015 at 07:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by twin_snails:
Diode Dynamics (04-07-2015), Mik3G37S (04-07-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
You also have great pictures and pay attention to detail in your review threads so I look forward to this one, good or bad.
Don't get out of character, man. I'll get confused, and forget how to accept a compliment.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-06-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by twin_snails
John, I quite like your drop on the the Vossens. I think it's about perfect.
Thanks! Although I'm going to raise the rear 5/8" within the next month or so.

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Any decision on what you'll do with the cans yet?
Leaving them alone for now. I've got a Moonlight White Sedan, so polished aluminum should look just fine. But IDK really... I'll find out in a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread