G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 02:47 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by pgG37
New the site... Recently bought CPO 2013 G37... Coming from my rice rocket, this definitely is a step up as far as ride comfort and luxury

Sucks that it has that bumper "dent" but hopefully the OEM front chin spoiler will cover it up (came with the deal)... First mod I guess. I'll probably try and attempt to push it out but we'll see.

Lets see how long she remains stock Hahaha!

20150226_104713_HDR by pgFA, on Flickr
Congrats and welcome! Sounds like you're planning additional mods already. Hopefully that dent / wrinkle will come out.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:51 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Again I think everyone is in understanding of the whole ordeal that swapping asymmetrical tires on staggered wheels is kind of pointless and that we are on different wave lengths - the beauty of interpreting text. But it was pointed out that if someone, for whatever reason, wanted to rotate asymmetrical tires but had directional wheels than they would have to swap the tires left and right. (keeping the outside on the outside of course)

I think the moral of the story is if you want to be able to extend tire tread life due to camber wear than going with symmetrical directional tires will allow for swapping left to right in staggered setups.

Now let's move on to a topic like: Is the sky going to be blue and black or white and gold tomorrow?

Last edited by ttv36; 02-27-2015 at 02:58 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by ttv36:
blnewt (02-27-2015), nishfish871 (02-27-2015), RexHavoc (02-27-2015), Rochester (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 02:55 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Oh my. You deserve this:

I don't understand what I'm seeing with the coolant reservoir and 4 tubes leading to it. Is that a catch-can integrated into the same space?

Edumacate me, please, Mr. Havoc.
Thank you Sir, I feel like that is high praise indeed.

It's an ARC combo can, part catch can part coolant reservoir indeed. It's a pretty slick piece, I think I have some other pics of it before install I'll post them either here or in my build threat when I get back from vacation. I picked it up as part of a JDM kick I've been on, picked up a couple more goodies and have one on the way.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:03 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

He's all yours, Brad. You two have fun.

I'm wanting Chris to tell me what's up with his coolant bin. Those braided lines are just about the most cool looking thing. I want that in my engine bay, and I don't even know what dfuq it is, LOL.
I really wanted black with purple stripe but got tired of looking for it. I think the grey pulls in okay though.

Originally Posted by doublea88
I'm with you John, that looks really badass, not sure if its for looks or if it serves a purpose. Look good Chris, lol i still haven't had the time to install my R2C intakes yet. I am so sick of this cold weather, so looking forward to spring.
its a lot like me, no real purpose but it's pretty! Okay, you guys have seen me I can't pull that off huh? It's a catch can, just a different design. I was going to go with a standard can but I think this is a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

You guys are getting beat up up there for certain. We've some ice and a little snow but nothing like up there. Spring should be right around the corner, I hope..
Old 02-27-2015, 08:07 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyHTX
Now let's move on to a topic like: Is the sky going to be blue and black or white and gold tomorrow?
The blue dress conundrum. I saw that on the news this morning. (BTW, it's blue with black stripes, LOL)

Some people see a difference of opinion as a direct and personal existential threat. Even more so, when the challenge is an interpretation of fact instead of opinion, the threat level is off the charts. It doesn't necessarily make those people sociopaths... But it's pretty close. Hell, we all have strong opinions ( ), and most of us here are fairly smart, or educated and relatively smart. And it's a car forum, after all. As was pointed out the other day, car forums are serious business best played with a pipe or a pint.

The best thing here is for everyone to get to a point where we no longer care. Pick your poison, thicken your skin, and find your Zen.

Last edited by Rochester; 02-27-2015 at 08:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
It's an ARC combo can, part catch can part coolant reservoir indeed. It's a pretty slick piece, I think I have some other pics of it before install I'll post them either here or in my build threat when I get back from vacation. I picked it up as part of a JDM kick I've been on, picked up a couple more goodies and have one on the way.
I was trying real hard to find this last night, and came up empty, with a sense that this was a JDM thing, (because of all the Japanese, LOL) Yes, please, I would very much like to see more detailed pics. More importantly, retail access. Here or in your build thread, either one.

At this point, I'm liking what I'm seeing. The whole catch-can thing never spoke to me as anything necessary, and only something to do if I were looking real hard for a relatively inexpensive mod to play with. However, integrating the catch-can with the coolant reservoir, with those two pair of hoses (braided FTW, no less)... damn, there's something really appealing about it. Something almost steam-punk, if you follow my meaning.

My concerns:
  • Having a solid box where you can't see coolant level.
  • How to empty the catch can.
  • How crude-looking the welds are.

Awesome find, Chris. Can't wait to learn more about this.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:41 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Totally off topic, but chat thread....

Saw the vossens Rochester has on a new M4 today. Sat with him on my left for the duration of a light. Wheels looked pretty cool up close, so did the white M4
Old 02-27-2015, 10:49 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyHTX

Someone read jalopnik this morning?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:28 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I was trying real hard to find this last night, and came up empty, with a sense that this was a JDM thing, (because of all the Japanese, LOL) Yes, please, I would very much like to see more detailed pics. More importantly, retail access. Here or in your build thread, either one.

At this point, I'm liking what I'm seeing. The whole catch-can thing never spoke to me as anything necessary, and only something to do if I were looking real hard for a relatively inexpensive mod to play with. However, integrating the catch-can with the coolant reservoir, with those two pair of hoses (braided FTW, no less)... damn, there's something really appealing about it. Something almost steam-punk, if you follow my meaning.

My concerns:
  • Having a solid box where you can't see coolant level.
  • How to empty the catch can.
  • How crude-looking the welds are.

Awesome find, Chris. Can't wait to learn more about this.
The welds are spot on and beautiful in my opinion. I'll try and find the photos from before it went in and see what I have. There's a clear line on the back of the coolant section that allows you to see how much coolant is in there. You would have to uninstall to empty the can as near as I can tell or slide a small hose in there and pump it out. I can't imagine it will fill up thta to quickly though. I hope. It came with clear lines, I added the braided for no real reason other than I thought they'd look better that way.

Retail wise this was purchased direct from ARC as part of a group buy which made it a lot more affordable though still a bit pricey. The guys I was dealing with just opened an on-line auction site for JDM parts, theres been a couple TK CF covers, TK sills, JDM tails and the like. I'll try and find it, easiest to find the on FB though JAP Auction Parts I think it is. Current pricing on the combo can looks be $700 w/shipping.

Last edited by RexHavoc; 02-27-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:31 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
I want to talk about Vorsteiner V-FF 103.....the? I want...now. But alas...

Has anyone seen these up close and personal?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Current pricing on the combo can looks be $700 w/shipping.
My neck hurts... that's how quickly I just lost interest.

God damn it, Chris.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:00 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts

God damn it, Chris.
And that's with the clear tubes
Old 02-27-2015, 12:06 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

God damn it, Chris.
Yeah, it wasn't cheap... Hoses and fittings were around $150

C'mon, you know you still want it
Old 02-27-2015, 12:10 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
#NotWorthIt
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 12:12 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
I want to talk about Vorsteiner V-FF 103.....the? I want...now. But alas...

Has anyone seen these up close and personal?
A little too busy in my opinion. Might want to look into the similar and also cheaper forgster cf5v.
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-forgestar02.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread