G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Of course there's no point in rotating an evenly worn set of tires side to side, unless maybe you drive a UPS truck. Because they lay out their route to take as many right-turns as possible. Because traffic.

As for one sidewall always being on the outside... outside is outside. Do you know of a different definition for "outside" that I'm not privy to?

Now you're just trolling. LOL If you're like this with tires, I can only imagine having a political discussion. Hoo boy!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:03 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
You can't swap tires from left to right because the outside would now be on the inside.
This would only apply to directional asymmetrical tires, if there is such a thing.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
This would only apply to directional asymmetrical tires, if there is such a thing.
Maybe that's what he's thinking. They aren't directional, though.

What a funny discussion.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:14 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
^ I think you both are talking about the same things but are on a different wave length. At least the conversation leads me to believe that.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:19 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Of course there's no point in rotating an evenly worn set of tires side to side, unless maybe you drive a UPS truck. Because they lay out their route to take as many right-turns as possible. Because traffic.

As for one sidewall always being on the outside... outside is outside. Do you know of a different definition for "outside" that I'm not privy to?

Now you're just trolling. LOL If you're like this with tires, I can only imagine having a political discussion. Hoo boy!
You just made my point! With our setups, rotating is useless and not possible to the front, taking the tire completely off and flipping them does not work because we have an outside and interior specific tire! Fk, you're making me want to drink again.

Also, BB knows whats up too.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
They have an asymmetrical tread design. Not the same as directional, but the inside shoulder of the tire has a different rubber compound and tread design than the outer shoulder. Therefore they need to be mounted a certain way on the wheel, not position on the car or direction of travel. I don't remember where I saw it, but I did read the the PSS have a soft compound on the outer shoulder for awesome cornering grip and a harder more durable compound on the inner shoulder to help them last longer.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=180
Old 02-26-2015, 07:58 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Once again, you won an argument with yourself. Well done, buddy.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:10 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
This is quite the hilarious discussion. If the asymmetrical tire is mounted properly (with the lettering that clearly says "outside" is mounted on the "out" side of the wheel) you can do a full 4 wheel rotation. Only exception is if you have a directional set of wheels that wouldn't look right if they were mounted on the wrong side of the car, or a staggered setup, (but you could still side to side rotate in that case).
But continue on....................
Old 02-26-2015, 10:23 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Once again, you won an argument with yourself. Well done, buddy.
Ahh, rather than reflect on your incorrect statement you resort to ridicule just like you always seemingly do. It's the tell-tell sign of someone who is defeated so I'll just say thank you and move on.

The funny thing is, like Tony said, we are 85% in agreement.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
I'm getting my clutch bleed on Saturday. The default fluid is ATE amber, although I can pay additional for something else.

I have 2 unopened bottles of Motul RBF 600 that I'm thinking about bringing to see if they will use.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:57 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

^ I remember reading that the RBF600 absorbs water molecules out of the air very quickly. Since the clutch isn't something you bleed as often as the brakes it might not be a good idea to use RBF600 for the clutch.

I'm using Motul 5.1 for my clutch since I hope to track the car a lot, but the plan is to change it out quite often.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Ahh, rather than reflect on your incorrect statement you resort to ridicule just like you always seemingly do. It's the tell-tell sign of someone who is defeated so I'll just say thank you and move on.

The funny thing is, like Tony said, we are 85% in agreement.
I agree that you're a freaking loon.

If I had a dollar for every time you pretend to win an argument that exists solely in your head, or think that your ridiculous declarations about "defeat" before moving on (LOL) mean anything to anyone... well, I'd probably only have enough to buy lunch. But even then you'd still be whining that I owe you money, god knows why.

Or you could simply man up and admit you got confused about asymmetrical tires. It's not the end of the world. Your head won't explode.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyHTX
^ I remember reading that the RBF600 absorbs water molecules out of the air very quickly. Since the clutch isn't something you bleed as often as the brakes it might not be a good idea to use RBF600 for the clutch.

I'm using Motul 5.1 for my clutch since I hope to track the car a lot, but the plan is to change it out quite often.
I've read the same thing about RBF 600, but never saw any actual data that validates that claim.

I use RBF in all my cars for brake fluid, but I also bleed my brakes pretty frequently.

Considering there is speculation fresh fluid can prolong the life of the csc, and that a local Z shop wants $40 to bleed the clutch, maybe I'll just start doing it annually
Old 02-26-2015, 11:15 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I've read the same thing about RBF 600, but never saw any actual data that validates that claim.

I use RBF in all my cars for brake fluid, but I also bleed my brakes pretty frequently.

Considering there is speculation fresh fluid can prolong the life of the csc, and that a local Z shop wants $40 to bleed the clutch, maybe I'll just start doing it annually
I think if you do use the Motul fluid in the clutch ideally you should go max 6 month change intervals. But at $40 why not?

Seems some people recommend ATE Super Blue for mainly street use.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:38 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

I agree that you're a freaking loon.
LOL, ironic coming from you but since you went there, I'm inclined to use this gif.

http://media.giphy.com/media/KpnNFksPmWwyk/giphy.gif

The reason I posted this gif is because if I'm wrong, why not be tactful about it instead of being a douche? Ever heard the phrase you catch more flies with honey.........? Then maybe you wouldn't get butt hurt (and me likewise) when I come back at you. However, I am right (we actually both are so it's a moot point) and I was trying to be nice in proving this to you but you once again got all high and mighty. It really doesn't bother me because I enjoy this type of banter but I'm sure the mods frown upon it so let's say we cut the chit? However, we average one of these a month so it's to be expected?

If I had a dollar for every time you pretend to win an argument that exists solely in your head, or think that your ridiculous declarations about "defeat" before moving on (LOL) mean anything to anyone... well, I'd probably only have enough to buy lunch. But even then you'd still be whining that I owe you money, god knows why.

Or you could simply man up and admit you got confused about asymmetrical tires. It's not the end of the world. Your head won't explode.
So we both agree that asymmetrical tires can not be swapped because they have an inside and outside. So, why did you say this?

In order for me to swap tires from left-2-right, I would have to remove the tires from the rims.

Last edited by AroundTheG37; 02-26-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts

So we both agree that asymmetrical tires can not be swapped because they have an inside and outside. So, why did you say this?
Wait a second, asymmetrical tires CAN be swapped. If they aren't directional, then you simply take them off, reverse the direction, and put them on the other side. Outside stays outside. You can either remount them if your wheels (rims) are directional like Rochester's, or if not, then leave them mounted, and move them to the other side.

Can we confirm if there are in fact DIRECTIONAL ASYMMETRIC tires out there? And then...are any of them in use here on this forum? Those would be the only people who can't rotate at all...unless it's a square setup, which would allow a front to back rotation.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread