G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

That looks good, Mike. Did you ever do anything with the grille since last September, or is that just a good photo?
Thank You, John, and no I unfortunately haven't, it's just a a good cell phone photo I guess, although you know how much I wanted to get it done the right way, but I haven't touched nor got anything on my car or for my car for that matter for past few months, not knowing how long I'll be keeping it, next few months will tell I guess.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Thank You, John, and no I unfortunately haven't, it's just a a good cell phone photo I guess, although you know how much I wanted to get it done the right way, but I haven't touched nor got anything on my car or for my car for that matter for past few months, not knowing how long I'll be keeping it, next few months will tell I guess.
You know... I just dropped $75 at the body shop, to have two fog light trim rings professionally painted. And let me tell you, they look absolutely perfect. Picked them up this afternoon, in fact.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:49 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
You know... I just dropped $75 at the body shop, to have two fog light trim rings professionally painted. And let me tell you, they look absolutely perfect. Picked them up this afternoon, in fact.
Oh my...
Old 02-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Mik3G37S

Nice! Didn't you already have a set that was painted? I read somewhere that you had two sets. Also are you implying anything or it just went over my head? Lol
Old 02-12-2015, 08:10 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
I have a rattle going on over bumps coming from the front driver side (after coilover install mind you) that is absolutely driving me bonkers. At first I thought it was the fender liner but after securing that I'm now stumped.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:07 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Nice! Didn't you already have a set that was painted? I read somewhere that you had two sets. Also are you implying anything or it just went over my head? Lol
He accidentally ordered the wrong part thanks to a diagram issue, so he ended up with two sets of rings. The new rings were recently painted (though I advised him to paint the old rings and keep the new ones chrome)
Old 02-12-2015, 09:56 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I don't recall seeing that in the plan! Looking forwad to seeing these John. If I may... Clear coat, clear coat, clear coat. Then a clear wrap!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
He accidentally ordered the wrong part thanks to a diagram issue, so he ended up with two sets of rings.
Bingo.

Nice! Didn't you already have a set that was painted?
No, see previous.

Also are you implying anything or it just went over my head? Lol
Yes, the implication is that you can take that grille to a shop for a professional quality paint job, and probably do it around $100.

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I don't recall seeing that in the plan! Looking forwad to seeing these John. If I may... Clear coat, clear coat, clear coat. Then a clear wrap!
Going gloss black instead of chrome is certainly going to bring a subtle change to the car, particularly with the amber tint on the lenses, and the car being Moonlight White. I'm looking forward to it, too, but probably won't play with them until April, when it's warm again.

I might also re-wrap the fog lights. It's been 2 1/2 years now, and the tint is nicked up a little.

They were etched, primed, painted and clear-coated. IDK how much CC. But really, it's cheap enough to just touch up over the next couple of years, if necessary.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Mik3G37S

Yes, the implication is that you can take that grille to a shop for a professional quality paint job, and probably do it around $100.
Well I guess I didn't make myself clear, if I'd be touching the grille, I'd be totally sending it to a shop in Florida who would professionally make it emblemless and painted color of my choice for 260 plus shipping, but since I haven't been sure about the whole car keeping situation, I decided to lay low and hold off any mods or unnecessary car expenses, ya know what I'm sayin'?
Old 02-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Rochester
Administrator

ya know what I'm sayin'?
I do now. Do it, Mike.

Better said, if you do do it, then do it before any Springtime meet-up.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:55 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Looking forward to the pics. I just don't want you to deal with what I'm dealing with on the grille.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Mik3G37S

I do now. Do it, Mike.

Better said, if you do do it, then do it before any Springtime meet-up.
I know.. I've been leaning towards keeping the car for some more time lately, but who knows, yes definitely if the decision is to keep it then there would be quite a few things I'd like to get done before then, but I'd like that meetup more if it happened in mid/end of may lol.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Looking forward to the pics. I just don't want you to deal with what I'm dealing with on the grille.
Yeah well I'm sure I'll have to deal with rock chips and all, part of it being a daily and it not being a weekend show car
Old 02-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Yeah well I'm sure I'll have to deal with rock chips and all, part of it being a daily and it not being a weekend show car
LOL. Well, one, I don't show the car because it isn't a show car. And two, I'll have you know I was driving it today, on snow tires, while it was snowing in single digit temps and the roads are all covered in slush and salt. The car looks like total **** right now....

...which makes me sad, thank you very much.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Mik3G37S

LOL. Well, one, I don't show the car because it isn't a show car. And two, I'll have you know I was driving it today, on snow tires, while it was snowing in single digit temps and the roads are all covered in slush and salt. The car looks like total **** right now....

...which makes me sad, thank you very much.
Believe me I would know, I drive it everyday and there's salt there's everything on it but I get it washed every so often just so that salt doesn't stay on for too long, anyway I actually enjoy using the car no matter the conditions, it's there to be driven and not babied like it was a freaking ferrari and those winter tires weren't purchased for it to be parked all winter either lol

/rant

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread