Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 03:47 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
$10 for DIY leaves me $20 for beer and bandaids
I'm just afraid that after all the beer I would end up cutting and splicing the wrong wires (or fingers)!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
On my last car, I wired it so I could turn on the fogs without needing the low-beams on. And I wired the front blinkers into the side-markers, effectively adding the side-markers to the turn-signals, with alternating blinking behavior.

So I'm not opposed to splicing wires, but would rather have something clean, with clips.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:26 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
On my last car, I wired it so I could turn on the fogs without needing the low-beams on. And I wired the front blinkers into the side-markers, effectively adding the side-markers to the turn-signals, with alternating blinking behavior.

So I'm not opposed to splicing wires, but would rather have something clean, with clips.
I haven't spliced or tapped into wiring since my 1995 Eclipse AWD Turbo (5 cars ago).

I did however make my own wire from my rear view mirror to my RADAR detector, but all it does is slide into the pins of the factory Infiniti harness.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Iilac
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looking forward to the pnp harness. Do you know if the 07 sedan harness will be the same as the G37? Also a idea for a use for the old blinker, can we have the old blinker on as a fog light?
Old 02-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Iilac
Looking forward to the pnp harness. Do you know if the 07 sedan harness will be the same as the G37? Also a idea for a use for the old blinker, can we have the old blinker on as a fog light?
I imagine the plugs are all the same between model years

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by using the old blinker as a "fog light", but the kit can be modified and customized to perform differently.

I'll post more details in the thread once we released the PnP G37 Coupe kit. (Sedan coming soon!)

Nick C.
The following users liked this post:
Iilac (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 06:14 PM
G37Xtreme

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by using the old blinker as a "fog light", but the kit can be modified and customized to perform differently.

I'll post more details in the thread once we released the PnP G37 Coupe kit. (Sedan coming soon!)

Nick C.
I think he means a rear facing fog light, which would essentially mean coming on with the parking lights.
Iilac (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

You can have them come on with the running lights, but personally, I think it looks better without a bulb installed

Nick C.
Iilac (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Iilac
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nick C.

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
I think he means a rear facing fog light, which would essentially mean coming on with the parking lights.
Thanks for the response. It's what G37Xtreme described. I hope something like that can be implemented.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

When the plug and play version is available, send us an email: contact@diodedynamics.com about this custom configuration

I'm sure we can get something special put together for you

Nick C.
Iilac (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 07:37 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
That's pretty interesting.

You know, right after I just modded my JDM tails... Thanks Nick! I may be interested to see how the PnP works on mine even after modding for $10.
Diode Dynamics (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015, 06:07 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts

Nick C.
Nick--am I correct we will need a new flasher module for this in order for the turn signals to not hyperblink?

From your website:

Please note: By eliminating the factory turn signal with this module, you will decrease power draw on the turn signal circuit, causing most vehicles to hyperblink, as the vehicle thinks the bulb is out. To fix this, we recommend replacing the flasher module if possible, or you can install resistors to replicate the factory load.

Does the G37 use the universal flasher module? Any idea where it's located?

Sorry if you don't want to get into details yet, but...you started it
Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 AM
roxx

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I knew you guys would want the PnP version lol. I think we will have the G37 Coupe connectors first (Paul has a G37 Coupe) and the G37 Sedan connectors will be available shortly.

It's a shame that they don't use the same connectors :-(

Nick C.
Could you shoot me a PM when the sedan PnP kits are ready? Thanks! Looks great, btw
Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 AM
G37Xtreme

I think I've decided on what functionality I want to old blinker bulb to have. I want it to blink 3 times when the brakes are applied and then remain off. I'd also prefer that if the brakes are released before the 3 blinks are completed, it will stop blinking. This way, if I am in stop & go traffic, and applying the brakes repeatedly, the lights aren't just blinking over and over.

Does anyone sell a controller for this?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
I think I've decided on what functionality I want to old blinker bulb to have. I want it to blink 3 times when the brakes are applied and then remain off. I'd also prefer that if the brakes are released before the 3 blinks are completed, it will stop blinking. This way, if I am in stop & go traffic, and applying the brakes repeatedly, the lights aren't just blinking over and over.

Does anyone sell a controller for this?
That would be annoying in stop and go traffic for whoever is behind you.

I'd also check the legality of that. It's going to be obvious to anyone behind you (ie police) that you've modified the cadence of your primary brake lights.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:50 AM
G37Xtreme

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
That would be annoying in stop and go traffic for whoever is behind you.

I'd also check the legality of that. It's going to be obvious to anyone behind you (ie police) that you've modified the cadence of your primary brake lights.
I believe Ford first introduced this many years ago. They blinked the brake lights 3 times and then it stayed on solid. Were they asked to stop?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread