Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
#FirstWorldProblems

Had to actually drive the G today, through sludge and salt, in order to get to the gym and back.

I feel so ashamed.
What is this gym thing you speak of???

There is a chance of freezing rain tonight/tomorrow AM. Probably not the best conditions for my PSS to operate in, so I told my boss I'd work from home tomorrow if it hits.

When I say work, I mean slack off
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (01-13-2015)
Old 01-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
What is this gym thing you speak of???
It's back. The wife works out and swims about 4 times a week, and I figure I have the time, so... meh.

Anyway, with wet & cold roads, I forgot how easily 2nd gear can spin out on snow tires, just by changing lanes at full throttle. Not exactly my finest moment.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:42 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Choman
If you do a search on VQ hiss on here and g35driver, there are a good number of threads about this topic.

From my experiences, the hiss is only prevalent on deceleration within a certain RPM. I don't think it's that bad to be honest...is it bothering you alot AroundTheG37?
I don't care for it one bit but not much I can do now aside from tossing the cats but then I lose my volume.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:13 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
There is a chance of freezing rain tonight/tomorrow AM. Probably not the best conditions for my PSS to operate in, so I told my boss I'd work from home tomorrow if it hits.

When I say work, I mean slack off

Hahaha! That's awesome. I have a co-worker that will say he's going to work from home periodically, but I know that is a euphemism for, "I'm going to do the bare minimum, but just enough that I don't have to take it as a vacation day." Then he winds up doing projects around the house.

I don't have a problem with it though, it just made me laugh. Thank you for that Lego!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

LOL@new altima commercial

Who the hell would mistake a FWD altima with a race car? So stupid and I laugh everytime I see the commercial.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 PM
pontiacstogo

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Mothf&%king parking strips!

I nudged into a car park this morning - never heard or felt anything. When I left, I started the car, put it into reverse, tapped the gas - and then I heard it - the unmistakable sound of breaking plastic. I stopped right away but the damage was done - hooked the lip on the front spoiler and tore a chunk out and created a large crack/spilt in it.

Rant over.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by pontiacstogo

I nudged into a car park this morning - never heard or felt anything. When I left, I started the car, put it into reverse, tapped the gas - and then I heard it - the unmistakable sound of breaking plastic. I stopped right away but the damage was done - hooked the lip on the front spoiler and tore a chunk out and created a large crack/spilt in it.

Rant over.
Ahhh....That is just the worst sound

How bad is it?

Nick C.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by pontiacstogo

Rant over.
Oh I don't think the rant is over. However, certainly a lesson learned, eh? Sucks man, I feel your frustration.

Fortunately my front bumper lesson was nothing compared to yours. I pulled over a cement parking strip a few years ago, only to realize that I didn't clear the strip. Turns out all I did was scratch the underside a little on the cement. Could have been much worse.

But never again. Never, ever again. I don't even try to clear them now.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:41 AM
pontiacstogo

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
How bad is it?

The cement strip was held in place by two rusty rods - one of those was sitting a couple of inches proud and I must have nudged over it when I pulled in. When I reversed out, it hooked the rear edge of the spoiler and caught it. It tore a chunk out of the bottom and cracked the spoiler about half way through vertically.

If I look at the spoiler at dusk, with my sunglasses on, while shaking my head and waving my hands in front of my eyes - I hardly notice it .

When spring rolls around, I'll just order another one and swap it out.
The following users liked this post:
madjack (01-17-2015)
Old 01-17-2015, 02:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

The new Q60 Concept car was debuted this week.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:12 PM
madjack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I look at the spoiler at dusk, with my sunglasses on, while shaking my head and waving my hands in front of my eyes - I hardly notice it
This made me laugh...
Old 01-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Droopy Rear

The rubber upper seat at the top of each rear shock is $24.95 each: 2011 Infiniti G37 Sport Right Upper seat

And the generic 5/8" Energy Suspension coil bushings are $21.57 for a pair in the box: Energy Suspension 9.6120 Coil Spring Isolators - Style A - 96120 Made by Energy Suspension

Plus shipping, that's almost exactly $60 for parts. So... I could buy the parts, take my time this winter shaving the inner edge to fit, and probably be in and out in less than an hour with the mechanic to compress and reset the rear springs with the bushings in place; since the shocks are elsewhere. This instead of cutting the bushings to fit at the same time the rear suspension is down. Essentially, $30 for the extra upper-seat in order to make that a smooth process.

You know what? I think I'm going to raise my car's rear-end 5/8" this Spring.

[edit #1]
LOL, I'm an idiot. If all I'm using a new Upper Seat for is a guide, then I only need one. I'm not replacing them. So, best price after about 5 minutes of jockying around is at OrderInfinitiParts.com. It came to $29.99 shipped USPD. So I just ordered one.

Baby steps, LOL.

[edit #2]
It seems the ES bushings are sold as a pack of two, so that's only $21.57 +shipping for both. So I just ordered those, too.

And I reached out to an engineering buddy who has a Dremel tool and skills at details like this.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-19-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:17 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Anybody have noticeable noise coming from the evap system area (around the gas tank)? Mine sounds like a leak but infiniti checked it and said it sounded normal?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:42 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
The rubber upper seat at the top of each rear shock is $24.95 each: 2011 Infiniti G37 Sport Right Upper seat

And the generic 5/8" Energy Suspension coil bushings are $21.57 for a pair in the box: Energy Suspension 9.6120 Coil Spring Isolators - Style A - 96120 Made by Energy Suspension

Plus shipping, that's almost exactly $60 for parts. So... I could buy the parts, take my time this winter shaving the inner edge to fit, and probably be in and out in less than an hour with the mechanic to compress and reset the rear springs with the bushings in place; since the shocks are elsewhere. This instead of cutting the bushings to fit at the same time the rear suspension is down. Essentially, $30 for the extra upper-seat in order to make that a smooth process.

You know what? I think I'm going to raise my car's rear-end 5/8" this Spring.

[edit #1]
LOL, I'm an idiot. If all I'm using a new Upper Seat for is a guide, then I only need one. I'm not replacing them. So, best price after about 5 minutes of jockying around is at OrderInfinitiParts.com. It came to $29.99 shipped USPD. So I just ordered one.

Baby steps, LOL.

[edit #2]
It seems the ES bushings are sold as a pack of two, so that's only $21.57 +shipping for both. So I just ordered those, too.

And I reached out to an engineering buddy who has a Dremel tool and skills at details like this.

I have a dremel but very little skills. I've been told I'm more dangerous with a dremel than with a firearm. So, what I'm saying is, if you need help just let me know!
Old 01-21-2015, 01:48 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Anybody have noticeable noise coming from the evap system area (around the gas tank)? Mine sounds like a leak but infiniti checked it and said it sounded normal?
Bumpster.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread