G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 02:08 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Two people with holiday wheels, and me with a set so Christmas cats. Ho Ho Ho. Anyone else here?
Inverter board gets here this week, so I can finish my headlight build. I also have an Autokits carbon fiber diffuser shipping....eventually.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:08 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Two people with holiday wheels, and me with a set so Christmas cats. Ho Ho Ho.

Anyone else here?
Congrats on the Cats!
Old 12-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Bota36
Registered Member

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Anyone else here?
My wheels were an early present as well...buuuuuuut there's a big heavy box under my tree from my wife and son. Hmmmmm what could it be?
Old 12-24-2013, 02:54 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

Anyone else here?
After Christmas I'll probably get R2C intakes, phillips replacement headlight bulbs and depending on what I have left will probably go towards repainting my front bumper.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:02 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Bota36
My wheels were an early present as well...buuuuuuut there's a big heavy box under my tree from my wife and son. Hmmmmm what could it be?
Oh yea nice I hope it's what you wished for!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Bota36
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Oh yea nice I hope it's what you wished for!
Thanks brother. I'd like to think its a racing jack but we'll see. Maybe it's wishfully thinking.

Originally Posted by '11G37S
After Christmas I'll probably get R2C intakes, phillips replacement headlight bulbs and depending on what I have left will probably go towards repainting my front bumper.
Love my R2C's. New bulbs...nice, 5k, 6k? I'd like to paint my from bumper 1 a year. Lol.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:21 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Thanks brother. I'd like to think its a racing jack but we'll see. Maybe it's wishfully thinking.
I've got my eye on one of those as well. Harbor Freight Tools has a nice one for under $100.00. Just might jump on it after Christmas.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
Thanks brother. I'd like to think its a racing jack but we'll see.
Air compressor? Car cover? Trunk organizer?

The thing about car gifts from the family is that left to their own imagination they would never think to buy you sway bars or anything specific. A big box, eh? Probably not a motordyne M37 UIM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:06 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question and kinda need some advice. The other night on my way home from work (11ish) I was doing 65-70 on the highway. In front of me was a mini van doing roughly the same speed but was weaving a bit (texting). I switched lanes and punched it just to pass, but when I did the back end broke free and I fish tailed a bit. Honestly, it scared the **** out me, I though I was about to loose it.... My car is lowered and I have 2 month old Falken Azenis tires wrapping 20" vossen 084's. I need to know what could have caused this. The tires are practically new, the highway was dry, and the car was tracking straight when this occured. The traction control light did light up and I DID get out of the accelerator as soon as I felt the back getting loose. The only thing I can think of is maybe the road was getting slick from the humidity of that night. Any thoughts?
Old 12-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Bota36
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
I've got my eye on one of those as well. Harbor Freight Tools has a nice one for under $100.00. Just might jump on it after Christmas.
Yeah I saw that one too. If I don't get it for Christmas I'll probably pick that one up. And by the way, the box is just about that size and weight. Maybe my wife thought she'd be cute and by a vacum (not a shop vac).

Air compressor? Car cover? Trunk organizer?

The thing about car gifts from the family is that left to their own imagination they would never think to buy you sway bars or anything specific. A big box, eh? Probably not a motordyne M37 UIM.
Air compressor is on my wish list. I'd love to get one just to blow out water out of my mirrors and grill after a wash. Nothing worse than getting those drips when your G is clean. I currently use a leaf blower but it doesn't have enough juice. Plus I can use it for all of those other wonderful things.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:11 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts

Anyone else here?
I just accidentally unwrapped the M45 shift **** I asked for... If gifts to myself count then... Stillen roof spoiler, FI CBE w/upgraded X pipe and 12 inch resonators and.... I think I'm going to do my engine bay. Found a couple pistols I had to have to I put the tires on hold for right now.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:12 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Yeah I saw that one too. If I don't get it for Christmas I'll probably pick that one up. And by the way, the box is just about that size and weight. Maybe my wife thought she'd be cute and by a vacum (not a shop vac).

Air compressor is on my wish list. I'd love to get one just to blow out water out of my mirrors and grill after a wash. Nothing worse than getting those drips when your G is clean. I currently use a leaf blower but it doesn't have enough juice. Plus I can use it for all of those other wonderful things.
I can recommend the Ingresal Rand Garage Mate. I bought this about 2 months ago from Northern Tool ($560). It has a 30 gal tank runs off 120VAC supplies 6.5 SCFM @ 90 PSI continually and the tank charges to 135 PSI. It's one of the best purchases I've made tool wise.
The following users liked this post:
Bota36 (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Bota36
Registered Member

Originally Posted by warped ideas
Hey guys, I have a question and kinda need some advice. The other night on my way home from work (11ish) I was doing 65-70 on the highway. In front of me was a mini van doing roughly the same speed but was weaving a bit (texting). I switched lanes and punched it just to pass, but when I did the back end broke free and I fish tailed a bit. Honestly, it scared the **** out me, I though I was about to loose it.... My car is lowered and I have 2 month old Falken Azenis tires wrapping 20" vossen 084's. I need to know what could have caused this. The tires are practically new, the highway was dry, and the car was tracking straight when this occured. The traction control light did light up and I DID get out of the accelerator as soon as I felt the back getting loose. The only thing I can think of is maybe the road was getting slick from the humidity of that night. Any thoughts?
It's possible you hit a spot where an accident occurred earlier in the day and the clean up crew didn't clean it properly. That happened to me before in a RWD truck on a twisty road and I did a 360. That's the only thing I could think of.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:17 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

It's possible you hit a spot where an accident occurred earlier in the day and the clean up crew didn't clean it properly. That happened to me before in a RWD truck on a twisty road and I did a 360. That's the only thing I could think of.
It was just scary. I've broke traction hitting turns to hard before but not ever at speed and steering straight and true. It could have been from a previous accident. That highway I was on is like a drag strip, straight and the posted limit is 70. People wreck on it every day.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:22 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Love my R2C's. New bulbs...nice, 5k, 6k? I'd like to paint my from bumper 1 a year. Lol.
Yeah I originally wanted Stillen long tubes but I dont want to have to fabricate anything to make them fit.

I haven't decided on color. With Diode Dynamics their 6k was considered pure white but I've heard others say that 5k is really considered pure white. I may just go with 6k even if it has a little blue tint to it since my license plate lights have a little blue tint in them.

Whoever owned my car before me did a great job of turning the front bumper into swiss cheese. I was going to wait to get it done but after waxing my car yesterday and realizing how bad it actually is I may move it up my list. I want the front chin but was wanting to wait till I got the front bumper repainted.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread