G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 03:51 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
What!!?!

My fi rhfc just got delievered today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I HAVE AN ARK CATBACK

Last edited by ChinkyChoy; 12-04-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:24 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Kinda sucks. Especially since after the fix, it doesn't sound like it used too. More drony and a bad kind of throaty coming from that broken RHFC on acceleration.

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
What!!?!

My fi rhfc just got delievered today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I HAVE AN ARK CATBACK
Just make sure to install extra hangers to support them.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:49 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

where do you install the extra hangers? you talking about welding it on to the catback or the cats?
Old 12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
where do you install the extra hangers? you talking about welding it on to the catback or the cats?
AFAIK, you can use new hangers, or cut the hangers off the OEM cats, and get creative on welding them to the FI cats. IDK what kind of creative solution that involves, but my mechanic has some ideas, and I'm sure he'll figure it out fine.

Going to talk to him tomorrow about doing this now, instead of 4 months from now.
The following users liked this post:
alfredo24pr (12-04-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 05:16 PM
alfredo24pr

Like Rochester said, be creative. My mechanic welded some in the catback, fairly close to the RHFC. I should have taken pics, but forgot.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Did they just randomly break and you only knew cause of the sound?
Old 12-04-2014, 05:24 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
AFAIK, you can use new hangers, or cut the hangers off the OEM cats, and get creative on welding them to the FI cats. IDK what kind of creative solution that involves, but my mechanic has some ideas, and I'm sure he'll figure it out fine.

Going to talk to him tomorrow about doing this now, instead of 4 months from now.
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Like Rochester said, be creative. My mechanic welded some in the catback, fairly close to the RHFC. I should have taken pics, but forgot.

mmm very interesting. good ideas I ll look into this. only problem is that I m not too familiar with any reputable shops around here, but I ll ask around.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:53 PM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by Choman
Did they just randomly break and you only knew cause of the sound?
Only the passenger side broke loose and it was when I went to floor it, which to be honest, I almost never do. I guess I just have bad luck with cars

The car sounded like this, only louder at idle: (just wait for it at 0:24)

Old 12-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Only the passenger side broke loose and it was when I went to floor it, which to be honest, I almost never do.
Almost never? Really?

I only drive my car a few days a week, but when I do, there is always a moment, somewhere along the way, when I'm at full throttle. Always. It's usually second gear (so much win), but sometimes third, and sometimes out of the hole in 1st. Heck, at least once a week or more I turn off Traction Control so that I can muscle through a turn. Been digging the car like that for almost 3 years now.

Maybe it's a 6MT thing. IDK. Everybody approaches this hobby differently, I guess. With all the power-mods you did in the last year, Alfredo, I would have guessed you get on the car a lot.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-04-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Mik3G37S (12-04-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 06:25 PM
PaulyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold Air Intake

I want to purchase a cold air intake for my next mod. Cant decide between the Takeda attack or the R2C. Any suggestions??
Old 12-04-2014, 06:39 PM
alfredo24pr

Almost never? Really?

I only drive my car a few days a week, but when I do, there is always a moment, somewhere along the way, when I'm at full throttle. Always. It's usually second gear (so much win), but sometimes third, and sometimes out of the hole in 1st. Heck, at least once a week or more I turn off Traction Control so that I can muscle through a turn. Been digging the car like that for almost 3 years now.

Maybe it's a 6MT thing. IDK. Everybody approaches this hobby differently, I guess. With all the power-mods you did in the last year, Alfredo, I would have guessed you get on the car a lot.

At first, I used to floor it more often, but then I got tired of not having enough room. Speed limits where I drive mostly are only 50mph (not that anyone cares). The roads are not long enough and are always crowded, plus people here don't respect the "fast" lanes and drive like....One time I almost crashed because one idiot decided to change lanes at 40mph without the turn signal and I was accelerating going past 70mph.

Add to that, my not driving that much lately, and I almost never floor it now. On November, I only ran 274 miles
Old 12-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Rochester
Administrator

At first, I used to floor it more often, but then I got tired of not having enough room. Speed limits where I drive mostly are only 50mph (not that anyone cares). The roads are not long enough and are always crowded, plus people here don't respect the "fast" lanes and drive like....One time I almost crashed because one idiot decided to change lanes at 40mph without the turn signal and I was accelerating going past 70mph.

Add to that, my not driving that much lately, and I almost never floor it now. On November, I only ran 274 miles
Sounds like Puerto Rico isn't conducive to driving the kind of car you have, or more particularly, the way you've been modifying it. That sucks, man. You could maybe say the same about Northeast Winters, but that's only 3-4 months out of the year. And now that I think of it, every Spring brings a renewed sense of optimism with the car... so it actually works out really well, IMO.

When are you moving to the mainland? Does PR even refer to the States as "the mainland" like Hawaii does?
Old 12-04-2014, 08:27 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Has Tony responded from Fast intentions alfredo? This seems like a pretty big deal and I'm pretty sure since they charge the most for HFC's that they should be bulletproof. Hell, Berk even reused the brace so why couldn't they?
Old 12-04-2014, 08:32 PM
alfredo24pr

Sounds like Puerto Rico isn't conducive to driving the kind of car you have, or more particularly, the way you've been modifying it. That sucks, man. You could maybe say the same about Northeast Winters, but that's only 3-4 months out of the year. And now that I think of it, every Spring brings a renewed sense of optimism with the car... so it actually works out really well, IMO.

When are you moving to the mainland? Does PR even refer to the States as "the mainland" like Hawaii does?
Some consider the US as a mainland, but most residents understand the commonwealth relationship. I'm a bit bad at political terms, so sorry if it's not clear :/

As for moving, after completing 4 years of Med school locally, following up with residency in the states is an option. Texas seems like an excellent place for cars, plus it's a "low tax state".

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Has Tony responded from Fast intentions alfredo? This seems like a pretty big deal and I'm pretty sure since they charge the most for HFC's that they should be bulletproof. Hell, Berk even reused the brace so why couldn't they?
Not yet. Their automatic email mentions that they respond within 1 business day.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
I only drive my car a few days a week, but when I do, there is always a moment, somewhere along the way, when I'm at full throttle. Always. It's usually second gear (so much win), but sometimes third, and sometimes out of the hole in 1st.
Ditto. I have a hard time waiting until my car is up to operating temperature before I floor it. I love winding out 1st and 2nd....

My commute takes me for 4 miles on the expressway. If there is no traffic, the on ramp is a gentle right, with lots of room to go wide. I can enter with my foot to the floor at about 40, with just a slight bit of oversteer, then redline second and third before the end of the ramp. It's automotive nirvana

In other news...don't we all hate waiting for parts? I ordered spacers on the 25th, right before Thanksgiving. They estimated 3-5 business days to make them, then figure a few days to ship them. Puts me at some time next week
Mik3G37S (12-04-2014)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread