Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 03:27 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Better get em before the meet up haha
That would be the plan. If everything works out I'd have them on before the first of the year.

Anyone know how difficult/easy it is to take the tail lights out? Do you just remove the bolts/nuts and unplug it from the wire harness?
Old 11-20-2014, 05:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Yes Kirk, that indeed would be. Better get em before the meet up haha
You organizing a meet up, Mike? When and where?
Old 11-20-2014, 06:57 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
That would be the plan. If everything works out I'd have them on before the first of the year.

Anyone know how difficult/easy it is to take the tail lights out? Do you just remove the bolts/nuts and unplug it from the wire harness?
Its fairly simple, though the driver side has been a booger for me. Takes maybe 20 mins to swap not including emptying out the trunk. It is just unplugging and removing the nuts, not sure about the inners I haven't swapped them out yet but I did buy a second set. we could try and do that during a winter bourbon trail run? Or maybe early spring... After December I should be home and not traveling until vacation in february / March. I think I have another two or three weeks I'll need to burn before May so a weekend away should be easy.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:28 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Speaking of tail lights, I'd like a set that's custom. The outer lens would be clear instead of red, and all the red color would come from an inner lens. Similar to the Euro-Style tail lights, except with black chrome instead of shiny bling.

Something like this:

But WITHOUT the chrome...

Is anyone making tail lights similar to what I describe?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

It's fairly easy just like Chris said.

Originally Posted by Rochester
oh am I? damn IDK I'm not great at planning an event like that especially since I don't have the time for it , , barely have time to use a computer at home. I could try and help someone organize it but organizing it myself would probably fail.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
barely have time to use a computer
Old 11-20-2014, 07:25 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

I think I'm going to pass on the gtr tails. I like them but I don't love them enough to buy them.

Originally Posted by Rochester

Hey Mike, whatever hotel you pick for the guys staying over make sure it's not the Hilton in Scranton.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Twista

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just got my fast intentions exhaust installed. Love the sound, the exhaust really made the car a lot more fun to drive. I want it louder though and wondering how it is with the test pipes. I don't want any drone. Can anyone charm in???
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (11-21-2014)
Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Mik3G37S

I think I'm going to pass on the gtr tails. I like them but I don't love them enough to buy them.

Hey Mike, whatever hotel you pick for the guys staying over make sure it's not the Hilton in Scranton.
That sucks, would be pretty cool if you got em.

Yeah no worries, I'll make sure it's the one right next to it. LOL
Anyway on the side note, what was wrong with that one? I can't remember which one I was staying at.. got a bit drunk that night
Old 11-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Twista
Just got my fast intentions exhaust installed. Love the sound, the exhaust really made the car a lot more fun to drive. I want it louder though and wondering how it is with the test pipes. I don't want any drone. Can anyone charm in???
Test pipes are definitely going to be very raspy, but drone I'm not too sure about.

The best option for your Fast Intensions CBE would be to go for the FI RHFC (Resonated HFCs) to complete the setup ! Which mufflers do you have? the 12 ir 18"?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I'm trying to recall what the issue was at the hotel... Lousy customer service and a loud wedding or prom?

Where we going next year?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Twista

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Test pipes are definitely going to be very raspy, but drone I'm not too sure about.

The best option for your Fast Intensions CBE would be to go for the FI RHFC (Resonated HFCs) to complete the setup ! Which mufflers do you have? the 12 ir 18"?
I got the 12in resonators...and yea I was thinking hfc but don't really think they will give me a boost in sound. I hate having choices and not being able to test before you buy lol. But it's alright I will keep it like it is for a while since I want to go ahead and get my wheels now and some sway bars for auto x next spring. Can't wait to put this thing on a track.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:54 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Anyway on the side note, what was wrong with that one? I can't remember which one I was staying at.. got a bit drunk that night
You stayed somewhere else. John, Chris, Connor, and I all stayed at the Hilton, and Kevin joined us at the bar down town for drinks.

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I'm trying to recall what the issue was at the hotel... Lousy customer service and a loud wedding or prom?

It was the loud wedding, bad customer service, and the early morning fire alarm.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by RexHavoc

Damn, should've joined the party Chris!

You stayed somewhere else. John, Chris, Connor, and I all stayed at the Hilton, and Kevin joined us at the bar down town for drinks.

It was the loud wedding, bad customer service, and the early morning fire alarm.
Yeah, I did... I had a different mindset back then if you know what I mean. Now that you're telling me that all of you guys stayed at the same place and had drinks, it makes me regret it.

About the wedding, I think you guys should've just joined the party, I'm sure everyone was drunk enough not to even notice that few strangers just snuck in haha, but on the other hand totally get the bad customer service part, and man I bet that early morning fire alarm sucked, but better be woken up early in the morning then never woken up again right?

Originally Posted by Twista
I got the 12in resonators...and yea I was thinking hfc but don't really think they will give me a boost in sound. I hate having choices and not being able to test before you buy lol. But it's alright I will keep it like it is for a while since I want to go ahead and get my wheels now and some sway bars for auto x next spring. Can't wait to put this thing on a track.
Where are you located? maybe there is someone nearby who has the same setup with RHFC or something similar? I think RHFC will definitely give you boost in sound, It will definitely make it sound deeper , throatier? You should ask the guys on here that rock the FI CBE + FI RHFC, that'd be RexHavoc, AroundTheG37 (I believe) , IDK I'm bad with names but maybe someone else can chime in
Old 11-20-2014, 10:37 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I forgot about the fire alarm...

We could go to Amish country and stay at the Red Caboose? Pancakes, Apple sauce, scrapple....

I can't speak to test pipes over RHFCs but I'm running RHFCs and a 12 inch FI cat back. No complaints here, car is throaty and loud. Does have a decel hiss but isn't something that bothers me. Zero rasp.

Get the sways, don't look back.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread