G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 08:07 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
This is almost exactly what i am referring to. Notice the middle of the wheel (Infiniti logo) is a darker leathery shade of black as opposed to the wheel itself being of a dark gray.
I guess this pic itself confirms it...just let's me down now that i have a two-tone interior.

NOTE: interior of a convertible G

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2011-infiniti-g37-convertible-2-door-base-steering-wheel_100331086_l.jpg
Old 11-13-2014, 01:06 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
How did you get the steering wheel replaced Miata? I'm a bit unhappy with mind and how it's worn. I'd love to get it replaced but not sure the dealer would do it.

I did get the steering bezel before they went up in price because mine is kind of scratched up, but I haven't had it installed yet.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:30 PM
pdpMIATA

On a technical basis, you have a warranty that covers any item within the car for a certain slotted time/miles. Excluded items include pads, clutch, etc which you probably know. The rest I just say are defects in quality, and they agree. It "shouldn't" rip or scratch...so they change it.

Its always good to have a friend at the dealership too.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
On a technical basis, you have a warranty that covers any item within the car for a certain slotted time/miles. Excluded items include pads, clutch, etc which you probably know. The rest I just say are defects in quality, and they agree. It "shouldn't" rip or scratch...so they change it.

Its always good to have a friend at the dealership too.
Do you think a 2010 would be covered under this? The only thing I've got left is powertrain warranty.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:11 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
steering wheel trim is covered by the 4/60 bumper to bumper. if you are within that period you are all set. the dealer will either replace the trim or the whole wheel - their and Infiniti's call. either way you get a fresh looking wheel.

i had mine done just after my b2b warranty expired. bought all the parts online for $43 shipped to me (dealer wanted $180) and then paid them 1 hr ($98) to do the fix. i didn't feel like messing around with air bag components so it was worth my while for them to do it. my new trim parts are indeed a revised finish that will not scratch like the old parts.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
So....I think I should treat my car to something. Short throw shifter or spacers?
Well, which is it? (Say STS )
Old 11-13-2014, 03:28 PM
pdpMIATA

Originally Posted by canucklehead
steering wheel trim is covered by the 4/60 bumper to bumper. if you are within that period you are all set. the dealer will either replace the trim or the whole wheel - their and Infiniti's call. either way you get a fresh looking wheel.

i had mine done just after my b2b warranty expired. bought all the parts online for $43 shipped to me (dealer wanted $180) and then paid them 1 hr ($98) to do the fix. i didn't feel like messing around with air bag components so it was worth my while for them to do it. my new trim parts are indeed a revised finish that will not scratch like the old parts.
Why would you pay for parts and labor if its under warranty...thats the entire point of having a warranty in the first place. Hence why mine was replaced under warranty.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Well, which is it? (Say STS )
Haven't decided yet. Kinda leaning towards spacers. Are you happy with 15mm or would you have gone 17 or 20 if you were doing it again?

My first day off has been busy, and my wife keeps coming up with stuff for me to do. Tomorrow I'm going to charlotte motor speedway to drive a Nascar.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:38 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Why would you pay for parts and labor if its under warranty...thats the entire point of having a warranty in the first place. Hence why mine was replaced under warranty.
hmm, not sure if you read my post but my bumper to bumper warranty had expired, hence why i paid for the work myself. i could have left it alone and done nothing since it is just cosmetic, but i am far too OCD about my vehicle's appearance to let that happen. i absolutely agree that one should not pay for parts/labor on items covered by warranty. i cannot count the times where i have had work done under warranty on any of my families cars. just 2 months ago i had about $6k worth of warranty work done (CSC, ECU, rear timing cover and a few others items).

in my case there was no chipping through 4 years. i thought that i must have had the revised part on my car, but then i scratched it one day and realized the only reason it hadn't scratched yet is because i baby the car.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:41 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Fluid and brake pad swap tomorrow!
Old 11-13-2014, 03:50 PM
pdpMIATA

Originally Posted by canucklehead
hmm, not sure if you read my post but my bumper to bumper warranty had expired, hence why i paid for the work myself. i could have left it alone and done nothing since it is just cosmetic, but i am far too OCD about my vehicle's appearance to let that happen. i absolutely agree that one should not pay for parts/labor on items covered by warranty. i cannot count the times where i have had work done under warranty on any of my families cars. just 2 months ago i had about $6k worth of warranty work done (CSC, ECU, rear timing cover and a few others items).

in my case there was no chipping through 4 years. i thought that i must have had the revised part on my car, but then i scratched it one day and realized the only reason it hadn't scratched yet is because i baby the car.
HAHAHA my apologies. I read before not after. Selective reading of mine.

But yeah I totally understand. The exact reason why I get everything looking like new as much as I can. Anything I can squeeze through warranty I do otherwise its out of pocket to make her looking like the day I bought her.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Fluid and brake pad swap tomorrow!
What fluid and pads are you going with?
Old 11-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Haven't decided yet. Kinda leaning towards spacers. Are you happy with 15mm or would you have gone 17 or 20 if you were doing it again?
Aw... I want you to get the STS. Then you can tell all the other 6MT owners how awesome it is, and pester us until we get one too. All five of us, LOL.

So far, I'm glad I went with 15mm. No regrets. When dropped on RWD Swifts, I believe 20mm spacers would put the duckfeet perfectly flush, and the rears poked (maybe). There's a reason why B2 Auto sells split sets 15/20.

Pictures... doh! I forgot again. Haven't even driven the car today.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:17 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

Pictures... doh! I forgot again. Haven't even driven the car today.

How do you NOT go through withdrawl symptoms?

I'm actually a bit sad when I reach my destination
Old 11-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
How do you NOT go through withdrawl symptoms?
IDK, man.

Just for Lego, I grabbed the camera and drove down to the middle school parking lot.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread