G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Choman
Maybe we need to do some side by side pulls.
You calling me out, man? Hey, I'm game. Even though on paper, you should walk steadily away from me.

Racing a 6MT is a lot harder than an auto. Adrenalin and nerves can really fck things up in a big way. No matter how many perfect launches you do on your own, lined up with another car is a whole different ball game.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Racing a 6MT is a lot harder than an auto. Adrenalin and nerves can really fck things up in a big way. No matter how many perfect launches you do on your own, lined up with another car is a whole different ball game.
Yes yes yes.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Meet up with Choman sometime, and you'll see what I mean.
Yeah we've been planning to, once he's back in NJ and available one of those weekends, no worries haha, might end up getting my car tuned at the same shop he had his tuned, hence the fact he seems satisfied with them tuning the car

Originally Posted by Choman
Mik3G37S, wel'll meet up soon enough. Maybe over the next few days since I'll be back down for a bit.
alright, sounds good, let me know.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
You calling me out, man? Hey, I'm game. Even though on paper, you should walk steadily away from me.

Haha, yep. Would be fun to do sometime.

BTW, was driving my car and I forgot that ambient temperature plays a big role on how loud the exhaust is. It was pleasant on the drive down today. I just didn't realize it would make THAT big of a difference between 20 or 30 degrees to 50 like when we met up.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:23 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
At some point - 2011, I believe ... they made Nav standard on the 6MT. About the same time they reduced the number of available colors (for example, Blue Slate was previously available in 6MT.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
A couple pictures with my newest additions: midnight black grille, painted fog light trim rings, color matched trunk lip spoiler.

I had hoped to wash my car this weekend since we had some nice weather, but with a forecast of rain, the holidays, and a 8 week old to keep up with, I didn't have enough good will built up with the spousal unit to get a free pass for an afternoon of car care
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-1.jpg   Sedan Chat Thread-2.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
A couple pictures with my newest additions: midnight black grille, painted fog light trim rings, color matched trunk lip spoiler.
Very nice job on the trunk lip. Too many people just whip out the rattle-cans, but you went that extra yard to color match it, and it turned out very nice. This right here is how you mod tastefully... you do something that looks OEM to the untrained eye. You even painted the trunk release button, dammit. I hate that little chrome button. Well done, Lego_Maniac.

I know that Choman was eyeing my trunk-lid spoiler when we met up this past weekend, so I suspect your work here gives him another option.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Very nice job on the trunk lip. Too many people just whip out the rattle-cans, but you went that extra yard to color match it, and it turned out very nice. This right here is how you mod tastefully... you do something that looks OEM to the untrained eye. You even painted the trunk release button, dammit. I hate that little chrome button. Well done, Lego_Maniac.

I know that Choman was eyeing my trunk-lid spoiler when we met up this past weekend, so I suspect your work here gives him another option.
Bummer that you didn't paint your button when the spoiler was installed, pretty much a PITA to do it now
Agreed on Lego, very nice additions
Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by gsm026
At some point - 2011, I believe ... they made Nav standard on the 6MT. About the same time they reduced the number of available colors (for example, Blue Slate was previously available in 6MT.
I didn't know that about NAV and the 6MT. I just don't use my NAV. I probably use the sunroof more often, and that's hardly ever. Or my cruise control. I don't think I ever used my cruise control once in the last two years, even on the highway. I don't like cruise control at all. Been using the heated seats lately, though. That's one feature that should be on every single car like a necessity.

Knew that about the colors, particularly Lakeshore Slate. No sense in building a low-yield car in every color, I suppose.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
Bummer that you didn't paint your button when the spoiler was installed, pretty much a PITA to do it now
Agreed on Lego, very nice additions
The spoiler was OEM. It came with the car.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts

Thanks! I actually vinyl wrapped the trunk release button though.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:47 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

The spoiler was OEM. It came with the car.
Well then, it would STILL be a PITA to do it now
I've got a 3"x3" sample of white gloss vinyl I can send you if you want to try wrapping it w/ it still on the car. I think I still have your address on the swaybar box, just let me know and I'll put it in the mail.
B
Old 12-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
Well then, it would STILL be a PITA to do it now
I've got a 3"x3" sample of white gloss vinyl I can send you if you want to try wrapping it w/ it still on the car. I think I still have your address on the swaybar box, just let me know and I'll put it in the mail.
B
Sure, Brad. Can't say no to that. Thanks. PM me if you don't have my address.

Wouldn't you recommend I wait until outside temps get back to, say, over 60 degrees? I live in Upstate NY, which means it will be below freezing here more often than otherwise for another 3+ months.

Although certainly I can cut a little piece off and see what it would look like, take pictures and what-not.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Sure, Brad. Can't say no to that. Thanks. PM me if you don't have my address.

Wouldn't you recommend I wait until outside temps get back to, say, over 60 degrees? I live in Upstate NY, which means it will be below freezing here more often than otherwise for another 3+ months.

Although certainly I can cut a little piece off and see what it would look like, take pictures and what-not.
Probably easiest in warmer temps, maybe even just pull a warm car into your garage to keep the heat up in the afternoon (or a hair dryer while you're working w/ it). I'll get it to you today. Shoot your address via PM so I don't have to get in the attic
Thx
B
Old 12-23-2013, 09:10 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac

I had hoped to wash my car this weekend since we had some nice weather, but with a forecast of rain, the holidays, and a 8 week old to keep up with, I didn't have enough good will built up with the spousal unit to get a free pass for an afternoon of car care
How difficult is it to remove the deck lid spoiler and fog trim rings? I'd like to get them color matched.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread