G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Early this morning, under fog and rain, there were two G37S 6MT Sedans in the parking lot of Belhurst Castle, just outside Geneva, New York.

Surprisingly, no one actually noticed.
I like the white ones OEM rear deck spoiler I mean the true Sport sedans look pretty good in MW (was gonna get one myself) but what the F? Looks like you have no exhaust pipes at all compared to that nice FI OEM looking exhaust tips that Kevin just has had installed Kevin you need an OEM rear deck spoiler
Old 12-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Looks like you have no exhaust pipes at all compared to that nice FI OEM looking exhaust tips that Kevin just has had installed
From that direct, rear POV, that's true. Step aside a little bit and they look great.

The cans on that FI exhaust are simply beautiful. Tips, not so much, IMO.

Good meet-up. Good food. Good time driving both cars.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:24 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
That's a great looking.... I suppose I should say duo instead of couple?

John did you notice a significant difference when driving Kevin's car with the mods and tune?
Old 12-21-2013, 04:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Yep, we'll need some reviews of the drive, and both cars look great.
Agree about Kevins lack of spoiler and Js disappearing tips, but they're both a work in progress and Johns still mulling over exhaust choices. BTW, what goes on at that castle, is it a giant B&B? Looks like a pretty cool setting.
BTW, love the look of the matching fogs to the parking lights, Kevins would look nice w/ that combo.
Oh, and the Popeye pic had me rolling
Old 12-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
That's a great looking.... I suppose I should say duo instead of couple?

John did you notice a significant difference when driving Kevin's car with the mods and tune?
Significant? Honestly, no. The car felt stronger, that's undeniable, but not up to what I was expecting considering the cats, CBE and tune... Which means perhaps my expectations were unrealistic. Kevin seemed much more attuned to the differences than me, but it's his car, and he did the mods in stages, so I'd expect as much.

Interestingly enough, he's very concerned that his G is too loud, and I think it should be louder. There's not a hint of rasp with the resonated cats and that 18" resonator, and the drone is mild and very deep. Not just liveable, but actually very pleasant, IMO.

As much of a fantastic opportunity it was to swap cars, truth is we both were on snow tires, it was wet and cold, and all we did was drive up and down the main drag at various speeds. Although he did pass two cars in a row while driving my G.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 05:04 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Significant? Honestly, no. The car felt stronger, that's undeniable, but not up to what I was expecting considering the cats, CBE and tune... Which means perhaps my expectations were unrealistic. Kevin seemed much more attuned to the differences than me, but it's his car, and he did the mods in stages, so I'd expect as much.

Interestingly enough, he's very concerned that his G is too loud, and I think it should be louder. There's not a hint of rasp with the resonated cats and that 18" resonator, and the drone is mild and very deep. Not just liveable, but actually very pleasant, IMO.

As much of a fantastic opportunity it was to swap cars, truth is we both were on snow tires, it was wet and cold, and all we did was drive up and down the main drag at various speeds. Although he did pass two cars in a row while driving my G.
Hm, that's interesting to hear. I'm finding with the cats there is more oomph than I had expected though it is very subtle. Closed off area, runway and some boredom had me at 120+ and still pulling but I'm thinking they would do that anyway. From 40 to 60 is very different now I think. I find myself now mulling over a 0, 12 or 18 inch resonator but leaning towards 12.

Sounds like a good meet up, glad to hear you guys had a good time!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Heres the new wheels on the car Avant Garde M368

Name:  IMAG0385_zpsd1ee2839.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  36.0 KB
Name:  IMAG0390_zpseb687690.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  60.1 KB
Name:  IMAG0384_zpsbee2d29d.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  44.4 KB

Still to come, Eibach Pro-Plus kit, springs with sway bars. Some cliper paint-I know!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Paratrooper

Still to come, Eibach Pro-Plus kit, springs with sway bars. Some cliper paint-I know!
Those wheels look awesome, looks like the fit will be spot-on when you lower it too. Like the grill color as well, G is coming along nicely
Old 12-21-2013, 06:51 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Paratrooper

Nice wheels - Love black on mw. Almost look b7 rs4-ish.

Meh on the caliper paint. Why call attention to stock brakes? Get akebonos, then paint your calipers
Old 12-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

From that direct, rear POV, that's true. Step aside a little bit and they look great.

The cans on that FI exhaust are simply beautiful. Tips, not so much, IMO.

Good meet-up. Good food. Good time driving both cars.
Well but your exhaust tips are mostly seen the rear by everyone else, nobodys gonns be like oh lets see it from the side POV and its gonna look great lmao.

Cans are cans who cares, its the exhaust note and sound that matters and of course the tips but cans? Not so much, can always be painted black to blend them in and/or kinda covered up with a diffuser.

Wish I could've been there for the meet. How does Kevin's car feel with those bolt ons and the tune??
Old 12-21-2013, 06:56 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Wheels look good paratrooper and she will look much better once you lower it.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Cans are cans who cares, its the exhaust note and sound that matters and of course the tips but cans?
What? No. The FI mufflers are beautiful. I would never paint them! That's nuts. They have a fantastic polish, with high quality design. Meet up with Choman sometime, and you'll see what I mean.

IDK, man. Everybody has different priorities on what matters and what doesn't. If I had the FI CBE, I'd keep the mufflers regularly polished and clean, but I'd probably cut off the FI tips in place of something else.

Run the back end of the car up on ramps, and it's a lot easier to polish the mufflers that way.

Wish I could've been there for the meet. How does Kevin's car feel with those bolt ons and the tune??
Solid. Same as mine, but louder and faster. Love the look of his yellow fogs, too.

We both have the stone leather interior, so being in his car felt very familiar. Except for the absent Nav. You know, I thought all 6MT Sedans came with Nav. I would have happily done without, if that were an option for me, but it came with the car. Meh.

Oh, and I think Choman wants CARSMO ***** now, heh heh.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-21-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

What? No. The FI mufflers are beautiful. I would never paint them! That's nuts. They have a fantastic polish, with high quality design. Meet up with Choman sometime, and you'll see what I mean.

IDK, man. Everybody has different priorities on what matters and what doesn't. If I had the FI CBE, I'd keep the mufflers regularly polished and clean, but I'd probably cut off the FI tips in place of something else.

Run the back end of the car up on ramps, and it's a lot easier to polish the mufflers that way.

Solid. Same as mine, but louder and faster. Love the look of his yellow fogs, too.

We both have the stone leather interior, so being in his car felt very familiar. Except for the absent Nav. You know, I thought all 6MT Sedans came with Nav. I would have happily done without, if that were an option for me, but it came with the car. Meh.

Oh, and I think Choman wants CARSMO ***** now, heh heh.
I forgot you tinted your fogs, my bad
Both cars look so clean, even on a cloudy rainy day
LOL on the Nav, I got a Garmin for last Xmas and it's still in the box
Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm with Rochester on the cans. I like them stock and you can't see the weld lines on them and they are very well made.

As for sound, never had aftermarket parts on my car and I was concerned about them. But after meeting up and getting to know what Rochester thought, it puts me at ease since he isn't new (however I am) to the aftermarket world regrading exhausts and mods in general. After Rochester drove my car and heard the exhaust, definitely gave him some more to think about.

Power-wise. It was interesting. My car definitely feels like it pulls harder through the first 4 gears I the lower rpm range but to Rochester's point didn't feel as significant overall. Maybe we need to do some side by side pulls. Will post my before and after dyno sheets once I get them to show the gains.

Mik3G37S, wel'll meet up soon enough. Maybe over the next few days since I'll be back down for a bit.

Definitely gotta get me some *****.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I forgot you tinted your fogs, my bad
Both cars look so clean, even on a cloudy rainy day
LOL on the Nav, I got a Garmin for last Xmas and it's still in the box
Haha. I just use the gps on my phone. More accurate with the google maps anyways.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread