G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:35 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Elohel
Am I the only one who loves the way this car sounds stock? I had an exhaust on my old car and I hated it after a while, especially when I was driving with anyone.
Sounds like it!

Actually, you and IPL 370GT would get along, he doesn't like aftermarket exhausts. He thinks they are too "ricey".
Old 12-19-2013, 04:25 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
The stock coupe exhaust note is nice but our stock sedan exhaust is, well, blah!
I think IPL370GT is into aftermarket exhaust as long as they are a high quality JDM exhaust. Didn't he have a titanium Amuse exhaust on his IPL?
Old 12-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Elohel
Am I the only one who loves the way this car sounds stock? I had an exhaust on my old car and I hated it after a while, especially when I was driving with anyone.

HFC mated to the stock exhaust might be nice, but I'm pretty happy with the way the car sounds stock. Loud exhausts attracted unwanted attention from law enforcement and ricers.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:30 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
The stock coupe exhaust note is nice but our stock sedan exhaust is, well, blah!
I think IPL370GT is into aftermarket exhaust as long as they are a high quality JDM exhaust. Didn't he have a titanium Amuse exhaust on his IPL?
You're right. I had him confused with someone else. Someone on here badged their sedan with an IPL emblem and tried to pass it off.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:43 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I suspect you're going to have a CEL in a few days, from one or both O2 sensors being out of range, after which you reset and it doesn't come back. That seems to be the typical post-install scenario.

Let us know, OK?
I'll keep you posted for sure.

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
That's what I suspected when you mentioned that driving course you want to take. Cool deal man. Law Enforcement isn't what it use to be. Too many people disrespect law men/women now a days and you hear of too many officers being shot. Well good luck in the private sector. It should be easier, safer and hopefully a much higher pay for you. Have fun taking that course. I've been thinking about taking some courses myself but no time to do it though.
It definitely isn't what it used to be and down here it's much different than it was in NY/NJ for certain. I have no complaints, the company has been very good to me and unless I, working a side job I'm generally much safer. We'll see how I feel on the range going through the academy, hopefully it isn't too bad. I a haven't had much time lately but I have gotten to take a 1911 custom building class, an advanced knife class and an EP class lately. I think the driving will be fun, just hoping I can work it all out.

^^^
Rex, I absolutely love what I'm reading here. Very happy for you, man.

Just to help me put your reactions in context... have you ever modified a car's exhaust before? And how old are you, if you don't mind my asking? PM me if you prefer, or just tell me to f#ck off. I'm good with that, too.
I have done exhausts before though generally on V8s. Headers, larger pipes and glass packs on my Pontiac small block 400, headers and cutouts on a GTX, custom exhaust on a Buick 430 wedged into a 280 and an exhaust on my buddy's TT RX7 mated to a "fart can" which really kind of ruined the car for me. There was an increase in power yes but the tone and drone just resulted in something I did not like. I'm 43, don't mind at all. This is first time I'm really dealing with cats and trying to maintain but enhance the factory sound if that makes sense?

My grandfather was a genius with, heck just about everything. Owned a shop for years. My old man was a top notch body man for years and I helped my uncles TIG two mashed RX7s together while in HS, stuffed a couple Porsche engines in VWs, built V8s, my favorite was a Hemi used as an irrigation pump. The headers would glow cherry red as she roared for days and days on end. Most the recent tinkering I've done has been either on firearms or with my stepdad on his 60 chevys so I've been tinkering for a good bit but this is a lot different than tearing down a tractor or my 240 with dual side draft Webers. I've taken apart a lot of things over the years. I don't know if that helps provide any useable context?
Old 12-19-2013, 04:48 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by aktif8
just ordered this, in black leather with a tan top stripe / stitching to match my stone seats. Eagerly awaiting this package.... Now the steering wheel matches the exhaust note

I'm looking forward to a review of this. I've been looking at ONEighty steering wheels and considering one from CFE. I'd like a slightly thicker steering wheel with different accent colors. Really like that one visually / design wise though unless I wrapped the rest of my trim I'm not the CF would work for me. Review and pics please!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I don't know if that helps provide any useable context?
Oh, it does. Absolutely, and in exactly the right sort of way. At this point, you have completely validated my decision to go with the RHFC mated to the OEM exhaust, and a first-step approach to the exhaust system. As you know, I'm planning on ordering it right after Xmas, and now feel 100% confident in that plan. So it's all good. Real good, in fact.

Glad you weren't offended. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
RexHavoc (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 04:57 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I got my midnight black grille installed. Should have came from the factory like this.
You got yours on before I did. I ended up getting sick this past weekend and couldn't work on my car.

How was the fitment? Any issues?
Old 12-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
You got yours on before I did. I ended up getting sick this past weekend and couldn't work on my car.

How was the fitment? Any issues?
It's an OEM grille? How could the fitment be anything other than what it is?

Old 12-19-2013, 05:03 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
...and your point is
Attachment 100842
Hey! LOL! Get much sun while BBQing? I used to do that when I lived in S. Dakota.... I got sick of 5 foot snow drifts in front of my garage doors.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:07 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

It's an OEM grille? How could the fitment be anything other than what it is?
Well the fact that it was 50% of the original price and an eBay purchase makes me skeptical. It looks OEM but I won't know until I go to put it on and since he and I bought it from the same seller I was just making sure the clips and studs didn't have to be forced into place.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:17 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Oh, it does. Absolutely, and in exactly the right sort of way. At this point, you have completely validated my decision to go with the RHFC mated to the OEM exhaust, and a first-step approach to the exhaust system. As you know, I'm planning on ordering it right after Xmas, and now feel 100% confident in that plan. So it's all good. Real good, in fact.

Happy I could help! I'm working with Lance on a cat back right now. The underside of my car was pretty nasty and my Y pipe doesn't look so hot. that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I think you'll be very pleased and I'm looking forward to hearing your assessment especially as mated to the 6mt. I can't remember if I posted but I saw numbers I hadn't seen before when driving / accelerating in a similar fashion before. Numbers that I think could easily be left behind as she was still pulling hard but that I also don't think I have the tires for. I was taking to a buddy of mine today and passed some folks, got a remote thumbs up for tone.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Quick, horribly crappy video of the top speed Y pipe, mid back, and FI rhfcs. Urban traffic, window cracked, first and second gear. Will get better ones soon, but thought I would get one up since this seems to be a hot topic of late!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc

I'm looking forward to a review of this. I've been looking at ONEighty steering wheels and considering one from CFE. I'd like a slightly thicker steering wheel with different accent colors. Really like that one visually / design wise though unless I wrapped the rest of my trim I'm not the CF would work for me. Review and pics please!
In for some pictures as well and a review as well as some info where did you order it from... I like the design too but would stitching would be red for me !
Old 12-19-2013, 09:21 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
In for some pictures as well and a review as well as some info where did you order it from... I like the design too but would stitching would be red for me !
Tony is right there in NJ Mike

Gallery

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread