Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 12:29 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Half the people on this site are running setups that deviate from OE specs
Yeah, I am too. A quarter of an inch difference will not make much of an effect on the speedometer. I was just saying if you go to large or to small the variance grows exponentially. I figured you were thinking about doing larger tires in order to fill fender gaps Forgive me if I assumed wrong.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:32 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
For LED Fogs, has anyone had this in mind?

Cree FOG DRL KIT H8 Pack OF 2 LED Bulbs 10W 6000K JDM XML T6 1200 Lumen Light | eBay

Obviously it is not going to be as bright as HID but would this have an advantage over the stock halogen bulb in terms of lumen output? I have seen Nokya rebrand these bulbs.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Yeah, I am too. A quarter of an inch difference will not make much of an effect on the speedometer. I was just saying if you go to large or to small the variance grows exponentially. I figured you were thinking about doing larger tires in order to fill fender gaps Forgive me if I assumed wrong.
I'm just weighing my options. My fender gaps are pretty tight with the swifts already, if anything, im looking for some additional width in the front since my fronts tucked in when I lowered.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by defektion
For LED Fogs, has anyone had this in mind?

Cree FOG DRL KIT H8 Pack OF 2 LED Bulbs 10W 6000K JDM XML T6 1200 Lumen Light | eBay

Obviously it is not going to be as bright as HID but would this have an advantage over the stock halogen bulb in terms of lumen output? I have seen Nokya rebrand these bulbs.
Those actually produce about 300 lumens and the drivers are very unreliable. We tested a set a while back.

They would be a significant downgrade from your factory lighting

Nick C.
The following users liked this post:
defektion (09-17-2014)
Old 09-17-2014, 03:52 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Those actually produce about 300 lumens and the drivers are very unreliable. We tested a set a while back.

They would be a significant downgrade from your factory lighting

Nick C.
Thanks Nick!
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (09-17-2014)
Old 09-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by defektion
Thanks Nick!
I just don't want to see people throw money away because of a misrepresented product. Plus it's a safety issue

Nick C.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:10 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
I just don't want to see people throw money away because of a misrepresented product. Plus it's a safety issue

Nick C.
I have the tendency to throw money away; however, out of the selection of H8 LED fogs you have in stock. What would you recommend that will have a better light/lumen output over the stock halogens? I'm currently using Nokya's 2500K H8 but I may want to switch over Cool White LED.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

I'd go with the XML2's because of how bright they are. The XP80s are brighter than stock as well, but the XML2's are really worth the additional cost IMO

Nick C.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:58 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
So a few of you know I just purchased a 2010 37S 6mt with 48k miles this past weekend. Well, I took it to the dealership today to get all checked out, make sure there were no serious issues that I needed to take care of....

And left it there while they put a brand new transmission in under warranty. Gave me a loaner and said it' ll be ready friday morning.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by alxmlr789
So a few of you know I just purchased a 2010 37S 6mt with 48k miles this past weekend. Well, I took it to the dealership today to get all checked out, make sure there were no serious issues that I needed to take care of....

And left it there while they put a brand new transmission in under warranty. Gave me a loaner and said it' ll be ready friday morning.
What was the reason they gave you? New clutch too?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts

Why? Was there something about the transmission that concerned you? That's a pretty big ticket item to be replacing just because. As long as fluids are maintained and nothing is overtly abused, trannys usually last the lifetime of a car.

Oh look at that... Lego and I are both concerned. LOL

IIRC, Mik3G37S had the transmission on his 2013 6MT Sedan replaced under warranty just four months ago.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:05 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Well I heard a popping/clunking noise coming from when I throttled/released. Nothing too alarming but I wanted to get it checked. They said the noise was coming from inside the gearbox, and they didn't want to crack it open to find what was wrong with it, so they are replacing it.

The tech said he did some research on the history of maintenance and it was brought in for the same noise at 18k miles but the service department couldn't duplicate the noise.

I'm definitely not arguing as it gives me a clean slate to do my own maintenance. The tech also said he heard a bit of grinding. Hopefully they are replacing the clutch as well. I will give them a call in the morning. I was in a rush to get out today.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:12 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
+1 for new parts! I love when they cough up new **** for my G. LOL
Old 09-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

Oh look at that... Lego and I are both concerned. LOL
Concerned isn't the right word, just curious.

I've had nothing but manuals since 1996, and I haven't killed one yet
Old 09-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Paratrooper
Are those 35W? Ive been looking online for them,any links to the exact ones you got?
There it is sir ! H8: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

Originally Posted by Rochester
IIRC, Mik3G37S had the transmission on his 2013 6MT Sedan replaced under warranty just four months ago.
Yes, that's correct John, I had it replaced under warranty as well, right about 5 months ago now... right before the April's Meet-up and hence the famous loaner car.

Well I heard a popping/clunking noise coming from when I throttled/released. Nothing too alarming but I wanted to get it checked. They said the noise was coming from inside the gearbox, and they didn't want to crack it open to find what was wrong with it, so they are replacing it.

The tech said he did some research on the history of maintenance and it was brought in for the same noise at 18k miles but the service department couldn't duplicate the noise.

I'm definitely not arguing as it gives me a clean slate to do my own maintenance. The tech also said he heard a bit of grinding. Hopefully they are replacing the clutch as well. I will give them a call in the morning. I was in a rush to get out today.
As to my old tranny I had similar issue, it is commonly referred to as chatter noise which seems to be it by what you're describing.

Did the noise occur when you released clutch pedal and when it was in Neutral?

Funny thing is about my transmission being replaced, It was something I wanted to bring up at next visit at the dealer but happened to leave it there before the April meet up for noisy power steering pump to be replaced under warranty(which they did) but they also told me they were gonna replace the transmission under warranty without me even mentioning a thing about it, so I was happy, but didn't get the whole clutch + flywheel package with it. Still a happy camper though.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread