G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by aktif8
just ordered this, in black leather with a tan top stripe / stitching to match my stone seats. Eagerly awaiting this package.... Now the steering wheel matches the exhaust note

Awesome looks aside, how much does that steering wheel weigh?

Nick C.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:55 AM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Awesome looks aside, how much does that steering wheel weigh?

Nick C.

I don't have the slightest idea! Not unsprung weight..so I didn't pay much attention.

Happy to weigh it once I get it
Old 12-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
I don't have the slightest idea! Not unsprung weight..so I didn't pay much attention.

Happy to weigh it once I get it
If it's not too much trouble. I'd just be interested to see how much it weighs vs. OEM with all that CF. I'm assuming that is real CF of course.

Every ounce counts! lol

Nick C.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
The RHFCs...
I suspect you're going to have a CEL in a few days, from one or both O2 sensors being out of range, after which you reset and it doesn't come back. That seems to be the typical post-install scenario.

Let us know, OK?
Old 12-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I ordered the FI RHFCs in 2.5 to match the Y pipe 2.5.
Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. What was that Y-pipe feeding, a Top-Speed mid-pipe/resonator and axel-back?

The VQ 3.5 really liked a 2.5" exhaust, and even the 3.0" exhaust... if top-end was your thing, or you were boosted, and don't mind the endless drone. But I was under the impression that the 3.7L engine was well matched with 2.25" piping.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:38 AM
aktif8

Originally Posted by Rochester
I suspect you're going to have a CEL in a few days, from one or both O2 sensors being out of range, after which you reset and it doesn't come back. That seems to be the typical post-install scenario.

Let us know, OK?

even with the j-bung? I hadn't heard that. good to know!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:43 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
even with the j-bung? I hadn't heard that. good to know!
I had FI RHFC's and I got nary a CEL. It's got a Jbung welded on correctly.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:53 AM
aktif8

Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. What was that Y-pipe feeding, a Top-Speed mid-pipe/resonator and axel-back?

The VQ 3.5 really liked a 2.5" exhaust, and even the 3.0" exhaust... if top-end was your thing, or you were boosted, and don't mind the endless drone. But I was under the impression that the 3.7L engine was well matched with 2.25" piping.

sorry, I'm in stealth mode - no car listed! I have an 08 sedan. Given that I have the g37 sedan front end, g37 navigation, g37 console, and g37 door panels..i usually hang out here. More similarities, heh also, driver is dead slow.

so, 3.5 for me, ergo the 2.5

Yes, before I just had the ts mid-pipe-back. Now its FI RHFC - ts y pipe - ts mid-pipe back.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
I had FI RHFC's and I got nary a CEL. It's got a Jbung welded on correctly.
Encouraging report.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
just ordered this, in black leather with a tan top stripe / stitching to match my stone seats. Eagerly awaiting this package.... Now the steering wheel matches the exhaust note
Thats pretty hot if you ask me.. how much was it if you don't mind me asking or shoot me a PM... I like that steering wheel
Old 12-19-2013, 02:31 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts

Looks like the Access Evolution steering wheel and not the Carbon Fiber Element version which if it is the AE that bad boy is expensive. I believe ijahman (white TT Sedan) has this steering wheel?

That is beautiful though and wouldn't mind owning one great pick up!

Okay just found the ijahman post with the AE Steering wheel and they are not the same. I like this one much better!

Last edited by ZOSTER33; 12-19-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Not the Access Evolution Steering Wheel
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 02:41 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
That's what I'm hoping

Not any longer, I'm in the private sector now although I'm getting ready to go through the sheriffs academy down here which should be interesting. Once I go through the academy I'll have powers of arrest even while working at my FT job, it's a little.... Different down here I guess. If I can justify the cost I'll go through T1G or VDI just 'cause. I haven't done any serious EP driving in years but I think the course would be fun.
That's what I suspected when you mentioned that driving course you want to take. Cool deal man. Law Enforcement isn't what it use to be. Too many people disrespect law men/women now a days and you hear of too many officers being shot. Well good luck in the private sector. It should be easier, safer and hopefully a much higher pay for you. Have fun taking that course. I've been thinking about taking some courses myself but no time to do it though.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (12-21-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Sways. Best mod ever. Particularly when on the X. It's a wonderful thing, eh?

Excellent initial feedback on the cats. I was thinking how the intake howl is only on the way up, but an exhaust sound is both up and down the high revs, yes?
Loving the sways! Carved up a little pavement coming back from lunch and I'm going to leave early now to go and do it again.

Exhaust is both up and down the revs yes. Using DS mode the downshifts are much more pronounced now, I imagine with a 6mt they would be even more so. I feel like I'm getting a bit of a burble at times though I have not really noticed the decel hiss.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Thanks for the RHFC feedback Chris, that seems to be the logical choice for me as I really don't want to increase the volume much at all but get the efficiency of the HFCs. Was there anything objectionable in the tone that wasn't there before at any rpm spot?
Brad, I have nothing objectionable to say about them at all. I really like the tone, but will give additional feedback if anything changes once they bake in. The butt dyno is doing this with a little if this thrown in. To me there is a slight increase in tone but it's a nice slight increase. The perceived added increase makes it that much better. The first time, well the first couple times, the downshift engine brake kicked in I was surprised but not objectionable at all.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^
Rex, I absolutely love what I'm reading here. Very happy for you, man.

Just to help me put your reactions in context... have you ever modified a car's exhaust before? And how old are you, if you don't mind my asking? PM me if you prefer, or just tell me to f#ck off. I'm good with that, too.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Elohel

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Am I the only one who loves the way this car sounds stock? I had an exhaust on my old car and I hated it after a while, especially when I was driving with anyone.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread