G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:54 AM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by I am Groot
That could be, in part, because there are a ton of G37 sedans around, at least here, and almost none of them are being driven in a way that could be described as fun. I saw an old couple who could barely walk climb into a G37xs the other night and proceed to drive as Old folk often do. I am not gonna lie it made me a bit sad.
that's one thing that surprised me when I first got my g37; this thing has a TON of power and sounds pretty mean considering how many old people I see driving them around.

The downside is that it really overshadows any potential "next vehicle" options to dream about.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:14 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Yeah, most people like that would be better off in a camry but a lot of times these sedans are bought for the mere name and not the actual performance.
I'd have to agree. It's funny how you see this example in all of the brands. It kills me when I see a 60+ year old woman in a Maseratti coupe. I'm like, "I bet that car hasn't been driven to its potential since they test drove it at the factory". Down here in S. Florida it's an every day occurrence. High end luxury cars driven by folks that bought it just because they could, but have absolutely no clue as to what they are sitting in. I could go on and on, but I don't want our mods to move my post to the "Random Rants" thread. LOL
Old 09-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
I'd have to agree. It's funny how you see this example in all of the brands. It kills me when I see a 60+ year old woman in a Maseratti coupe. I'm like, "I bet that car hasn't been driven to its potential since they test drove it at the factory". Down here in S. Florida it's an every day occurrence. High end luxury cars driven by folks that bought it just because they could, but have absolutely no clue as to what they are sitting in. I could go on and on, but I don't want our mods to move my post to the "Random Rants" thread. LOL
More reason for you to buy those nice exotic cars as 2nd hand and drive them to their full potential later on!
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014, 09:52 AM
I am Groot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris_s
that's one thing that surprised me when I first got my g37; this thing has a TON of power and sounds pretty mean considering how many old people I see driving them around.

The downside is that it really overshadows any potential "next vehicle" options to dream about.
Nah, my next vehicle dreams are always about my future GTR. However far in the future that might be. At least unlike other super cars a used one may some day be obtainable.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:53 AM
I am Groot

Originally Posted by Choman
More reason for you to buy those nice exotic cars as 2nd hand and drive them to their full potential later on!
Completely agree!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:04 AM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Nah, my next vehicle dreams are always about my future GTR. However far in the future that might be. At least unlike other super cars a used one may some day be obtainable.
I think it will be attainable in less than 5 years, I've seen some in the middle 50s already. Once they drop to mid 30s, shift_ !
Old 09-12-2014, 10:16 AM
I am Groot

Originally Posted by nishfish871
I think it will be attainable in less than 5 years, I've seen some in the middle 50s already. Once they drop to mid 30s, shift_ !
Way I look at it mid 50s is roughly the price of a new Corvette so why buy a corvette when I can get a GTR. Assuming I had the money for either of course.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Call me crazy, but I have zero interest in the GTR. Even less interest in the Corvette, because tacky.

Truth is, I'm still years away from next-car considerations. And when that starts, I'll still be years away from actually getting said car. At this point, I'm very interested in a F-Type Coupe S or R, but with a used-car value under $40K.

That test drive this summer of the F-Type Coupe S has burned into my brain. Can't shake it.

Here's a pretty good analysis of the GTR: (Love these guys.)

Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Way I look at it mid 50s is roughly the price of a new Corvette so why buy a corvette when I can get a GTR.
Because the GTR has no man pedal............
Mik3G37S (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014, 10:44 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
No exotic sports car in the horizon for me. I'm satisfied with a little less. If I had my way it would be Audi RS5. A new GTR is about $30K more than a new RS5. Realistically, being a government employee I know the limits of my dream vs. the reality of my situation. But, then again, you never can tell for sure. Maybe after I finish my degree I can move into the private sector as an environmental engineer and land a sweet high paying job. Until then..... It's Infiniti, Audi or Bust.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:02 AM
I am Groot

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Because the GTR has no man pedal............
Neither does my G.

but I love it anyways.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Ordered Pearl white tri coat QAA from paintscratch.com, planning to paint my front chin spoiler. Fingers crossed.

Also, painting the grill or wrapping it, wrapping the lower bumper and cleaning her up a bit. Trying to move on from my plasti dip days to something smooth and glossy.

Last edited by Paratrooper; 09-12-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:59 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Call me crazy, but I have zero interest in the GTR. Even less interest in the Corvette, because tacky.

Truth is, I'm still years away from next-car considerations. And when that starts, I'll still be years away from actually getting said car. At this point, I'm very interested in a F-Type Coupe S or R, but with a used-car value under $40K.

That test drive this summer of the F-Type Coupe S has burned into my brain. Can't shake it.

Here's a pretty good analysis of the GTR: (Love these guys.)
I have also been amused by the F-type R, although I have not test driven it, but I have custom built in on jaguar.com lol. That and the new Lambo Huracan

Plus, look at how it performs against these cars, especially against the new corvette

Old 09-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
I can't process that in my head... 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile statistics measured in kilometers per hour. That's like asking how many liters of gas are still left in my 20 gallon tank.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:25 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I can't process that in my head... 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile statistics measured in kilometers per hour. That's like asking how many liters of gas are still left in my 20 gallon tank.
Gas here is actually sold in liters lol

Plus speedometer is in mph, while distances are in km.

logic, not even once.
twin_snails (09-13-2014)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread