G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 05:36 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Hmm. Good point. I never thought about it that way.

On an unrelated topic... if this thread continues, Mods might want to add it to the stickies and remove it from the general thread ranking. Like the "Show off your Sedans" thread.
If only we knew a mod to suggest that to....

Newt, as a new super mod what do you say?
Old 12-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Elohel

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
When you get a CPO'd vehicle, aren't they supposed to do all maintenance and fluids and whatnot? I've only put ~800 miles on my car since I bought it and now it's telling me to change the oil/filter..
Old 12-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by Elohel
When you get a CPO'd vehicle, aren't they supposed to do all maintenance and fluids and whatnot? I've only put ~800 miles on my car since I bought it and now it's telling me to change the oil/filter..
They didn't bump your OC reminder notice, that's all. Go do it yourself.... somewhere in the Settings on the NAV screen.

It's just a reminder notice based on mileage. There's nothing magical about it.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:22 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
They didn't bump your OC reminder notice, that's all. Go do it yourself.... somewhere in the Settings on the NAV screen.

It's just a reminder notice based on mileage. There's nothing magical about it.
Thats actually one of my favorite functions in the electronics package. I love the OC, OFC, & tire rotation reminders. I use the Misc. reminder for the air filter.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Thats actually one of my favorite functions in the electronics package. I love the OC, OFC, & tire rotation reminders. I use the Misc. reminder for the air filter.
I only maybe find OC (well OFC as well , duh ) useful, hence my wheels are staggered and can't rotate
Old 12-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I never use the reminders. Not useful to me.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Mik3G37S

I never use the reminders. Not useful to me.
well it depends whether they put an oil change sticker or not when I get it done at the dealership... I havent found it useful until this recent oil change couple days ago... the reminded would pop up everytime I would start the car and therefore I would keep in mind that I need to get it done
Old 12-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I bought my G out of state, and I use synthetic oil, so I actually change my own oil. Don't mean to blow your minds guys, but... BOOM!!!

LOL. It's just an oil change. I like that I'm doing it again, actually. My last car was free oil for life, and I kept it for over 9 years.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I only maybe find OC (well OFC as well , duh ) useful, hence my wheels are staggered and can't rotate
I almost went staggered, but I know how i drive and the tires would get costly. I too change my own oil, etc. I try to DIY all things, but I do know my limitations.(Lack of proper tools)
Old 12-18-2013, 08:05 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I miss having a garage, I need to try and find a safe corner of the lot here to do some routine maintenance. I almost got squished a couple times so I'm a bit leery.

On a different topic, I have decided I need a tune. Just took a spin in a bagged coupe running 300+ whp on the power setting. I do like... Also confirmed you can run the different settings without a laptop connected depending on which you select. Dammit, dammit, dammit
Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Mik3G37S

I bought my G out of state, and I use synthetic oil, so I actually change my own oil. Don't mean to blow your minds guys, but... BOOM!!!

LOL. It's just an oil change. I like that I'm doing it again, actually. My last car was free oil for life, and I kept it for over 9 years.
well, how does it matter that you bought your G out of state at this point? so did I and I use synthetic oil as well, just too lazy especially in winter to do my oilchange without a garage or a way to get rid of the old oil

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I miss having a garage, I need to try and find a safe corner of the lot here to do some routine maintenance. I almost got squished a couple times so I'm a bit leery.

On a different topic, I have decided I need a tune. Just took a spin in a bagged coupe running 300+ whp on the power setting. I do like... Also confirmed you can run the different settings without a laptop connected depending on which you select. Dammit, dammit, dammit
yay same here.. I have decided I need a tune as well and it's coming, spoke to Kevin today about his gains with the CBE and tune and hopefully we are gonna meet up so I can see the results for myself before I pull the trigger and shell out that money I'm sure it's gonna be worth it , but if I can experience the difference beforehand , why not?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

well, how does it matter that you bought your G out of state at this point? so did I and I use synthetic oil as well, just too lazy especially in winter to do my oilchange without a garage or a way to get rid of the old oil
It matters because to get free oil changes I'd have to drive 800 miles round trip.

You're right though, a garage makes all the difference. My detached garage really sucks in as far as garages go, but it's still a garage.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:21 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I think you're about there and ready Mike! LMK what you think though I still need an exhaust
Old 12-18-2013, 08:23 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I forgot that most of our forums peers are way up North. One thing I do love about the deep south is the climate. I BBQed on Thanksgiving in shorts and a T-shirt w/ sandals. Cold Bud in one hand and a meat fork in the other. Changing oil is a breeze any time of te year here..... Till there is a hurricane or Tropical Storm. I don't think I would want to be under a car in the snow either.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Mik3G37S

It matters because to get free oil changes I'd have to drive 800 miles round trip.

You're right though, a garage makes all the difference. My detached garage really sucks in as far as garages go, but it's still a garage.
well, if it was only 800 for me in that case LOL for me it'd be over 3200 miles total just to go get a free oil change and perhaps already head back for another one LOL ! yeah garage makes all the difference...

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I think you're about there and ready Mike! LMK what you think though I still need an exhaust
yes sir! I wish I could get it done like right now, but gotta hold off on that one

Originally Posted by warped ideas
I forgot that most of our forums peers are way up North. One thing I do love about the deep south is the climate. I BBQed on Thanksgiving in shorts and a T-shirt w/ sandals. Cold Bud in one hand and a meat fork in the other. Changing oil is a breeze any time of te year here..... Till there is a hurricane or Tropical Storm. I don't think I would want to be under a car in the snow either.
unbelievable... this guy you had to bring all that up? really?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread