G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
+1000 on this. I am going to look into having the extenders installed for the rears when I have them dropped for adjustment. I tried to see if I could fit an allen wrench in there the last time it was on the lift and looked like it was a no go.
Tein makes an electronic remote for their CO's. Reasonably priced, and très cool.

http://www.tein.com/products/edfcII.html

On that note... how come I never see Tein CO's in play for the G37 on this site? Tein makes a great product.

Last edited by Rochester; 08-08-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:41 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
For about a decade, I ran summers on OEM wheels, with snows on steelies. For about 5 of those years, I was doing that for two cars. Sure, it was a PITA to swap twice a year, but really it's only an hour, tops. And it's actually less PITA than dragging loose tires to the shop and then waiting around. Being twice a year, you save about $200/year/car in mounting & balancing charges. And as the years click by, that adds up into money that you can use for some nice, juicy rationalization.

For this car, I went in the other direction, where snows are on the OEM sport rims. Couldn't be happier with the configuration.
I would just use my OEM wheels but when I got the car it had the 17" wheels and I upgraded my brakes so they wont clear I was looking at some 19" OEM coupe wheels but everyone wants around $1k for them so I figure with that price I can just pick up a set of winter wheels I like and rock them whenever with all seasons.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Well at least you can feel good about the DWS or 4Plus, both are at least 10x better than those RS-As, I think that stands for "Really Sh**ty Always"
haha yeah I never really hear good things about the RSAs but they haven't failed me especially in the winter time. I ve never really driven on any other tires. my original plan was to go with summer tires on my Work wheels but the RSAs still have some life on them so I just moved the tires over since my last set up were the same specs except for offset. once they tires die I m going to summer tires for sure.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
I would just use my OEM wheels but when I got the car it had the 17" wheels and I upgraded my brakes so they wont clear I was looking at some 19" OEM coupe wheels but everyone wants around $1k for them so I figure with that price I can just pick up a set of winter wheels I like and rock them whenever with all seasons.
You could probably find a set of duckfeet for cheap, maybe? Those would clear.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:16 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
yeah been looking around I ve seen a couple for about 500-700 I think. I got some time to see what I want but I ll keep that in mind
Old 08-08-2014, 12:38 PM
original sin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tein makes an electronic remote for their CO's. Reasonably priced, and très cool.

TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | EDFCII

On that note... how come I never see Tein CO's in play for the G37 on this site? Tein makes a great product.
For the price, there are many better options than tien products.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I picked up a buddy for lunch today, and that was the first time he'd ever been in my car. He did the whole "My god, this looks like new!" thing for a while, (which was nice), then we headed out. Drove casually into traffic, approaching the highway, with open road access to a sharp sweeping on-ramp. Low in second gear, I pushed it into the ramp and accelerated somewhat hard. With the windows down, the high walls on the ramp reverberated the engine/intake/exhaust very nicely. The back-end chirped and hooked up exactly as expected. Lots of fun. Pretty normal stuff.

And my friend freaked out. Arms flailing about like he was having an anxiety attack, he started screaming, "No! No! NO! NO! NO-O-O!!!"

I wasn't even at WOT. Heck, I didn't even get to 3rd gear.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Is your buddy not a car guy?

Most of my car guy friends would probably trash talk "is that all she has" type comment.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:02 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
I did the same thing with my mom in the car once... She won't ride with me again... Lol

Edit: I guess I should mention that I was trying to show off my exhaust to her. Lol

Last edited by '11G37S; 08-08-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Is your buddy not a car guy?

Most of my car guy friends would probably trash talk "is that all she has" type comment.
Haha, exactly. I've a couple of friends who would calmly nod in approval. Or mock out my shifting, LOL. But no, not this guy. He's gay, 6'4" and drives a PT Cruiser, so feel free to consider stereotypes to the moment. Pride is irrelevant when there's a good joke somewhere to be found.

Hours later, and I'm still chuckling thinking about his reaction. Thought I'd share Teh Funny.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Haha, exactly. I've a couple of friends who would calmly nod in approval. Or mock out my shifting, LOL. But no, not this guy. He's gay, 6'4" and drives a PT Cruiser, so feel free to consider stereotypes to the moment. Pride is irrelevant when there's a good joke somewhere to be found.

Hours later, and I'm still chuckling thinking about his reaction. Thought I'd share Teh Funny.
So you were purposely F'ing with him, nice
Old 08-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
So you were purposely F'ing with him, nice
Yeah. Suppose that's true. hahaha
Old 08-08-2014, 03:28 PM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
I took my dad for a drive yesterday with the new exhaust, he loved it. Said it sounded better than the maxima setup.

Anyone need a set of OEM sport sways? PM me, I'll post it in the classified soon.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nishfish871
I took my dad for a drive yesterday with the new exhaust, he loved it. Said it sounded better than the maxima setup.

Anyone need a set of OEM sport sways? PM me, I'll post it in the classified soon.
Is there any market for OEM sways? I kinda figured they were worthless and I would be better saving them to go back to stock someday and sell the aftermarket ones
Old 08-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by nishfish871
nishfish871, you can confirm this with Newt if you want, because he figured it out the hard way.
  1. G37xS Sedan sways are not sport-sways. They're the same as the G37x. (I don't recall if your car is RWD or not.)
  2. RWD Sedan sways differ from AWD, and are the same Sport vs. non-Sport.

Meaning, a "sport sways" upgrade FS thread is only an upgrade for X and xS owners, assuming you pulled them off a RWD Sedan.

Ignore me if this is old news, or you're 100% confident that I'm wrong. I could be wrong, but that's where we last ended up on this issue, AFAIK.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:43 PM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

nishfish871, you can confirm this with Newt if you want, because he figured it out the hard way.

[*]G37xS Sedan sways are not sport-sways. They're the same as the G37x. (I don't recall if your car is RWD or not.)[*]RWD Sedan sways differ from AWD, and are the same Sport vs. non-Sport.

Meaning, a "sport sways" upgrade FS thread is only an upgrade for X and xS owners, assuming you pulled them off a RWD Sedan.

Ignore me if this is old news, or you're 100% confident that I'm wrong. I could be wrong, but that's where we last ended up on this issue, AFAIK.
They are from a G37S rwd.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread