G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 11:30 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Spinning tires would certainly heat them up. Its why people do burnouts before running the 1/4.

Since you're in FL, have you thought about bypassing the throttle body coolant lines? It would help keep the air cooler.

Hmmm.... You've got my attention. Please elaborate.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:06 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
Grille painted, overall like the look, but there are a few fitment issues (corners don't fit quite as well as OEM). I'll try to play around with it again but it's in there pretty good for now. Next step is to get & install a QX56 rear Fuji emblem.

Question: Anyone have an idea for how to make a "pedestal" for the emblem? Something similar to how the OEM front emblem is situated

Thanks

Name:  unnamed2_zps5ca8ec2a.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  41.6 KB

Name:  unnamed_zps8d3a9344.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  64.6 KB

Name:  unnamed1_zpsd0b6aef0.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  43.8 KB
Old 07-20-2014, 04:21 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Grille painted, overall like the look, but there are a few fitment issues (corners don't fit quite as well as OEM). I'll try to play around with it again but it's in there pretty good for now. Next step is to get & install a QX56 rear Fuji emblem.

Question: Anyone have an idea for how to make a "pedestal" for the emblem? Something similar to how the OEM front emblem is situated

Thanks
Looking great.
Would also like to know about that pedestal thing, especially since my emblem fell off

I will be removing mine for minor modifications and hopefully install it again in a near future.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint

Thanks

Good lord that is a TIGHT fit in your garage? Hopefully its just the angle but dam....paint looks good but personally not a fan of the grille. Way to open imo
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (07-21-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Leatherique - Results

It's the day after I cleaned the leather with the Leatherique, after having conditioned it the night before, and then rubbed in Lexol Conditioner to finish it off. I've wiped all the leather down with a microfiber towel, and truth is I've never been happier with the seats, since even the day I brought it home. The seats look brand new again.

This Leatherique Revitalizer doesn't just treat the leather, it restores it. Man, I'm happy with the results. Those spider-lines are gone from the seat and side bolsters, the dreaded driver's seat bump is gone, everything is that creamy soft color again, and soft to the touch. Wow.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-20-2014 at 07:47 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rochester:
Lego_Maniac (07-20-2014), NoLimits_Auto (09-24-2014), twin_snails (07-24-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 07:47 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

That looks amazing! Where can I buy these products and what exactly did you use? Very nice!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by warped ideas
That looks amazing! Where can I buy these products and what exactly did you use? Very nice!
Aw come on, man... I've been talking about it for over a week.

LOL

Old 07-20-2014, 08:39 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Looking great.
Would also like to know about that pedestal thing, especially since my emblem fell off

I will be removing mine for minor modifications and hopefully install it again in a near future.
Thx again for your help along the way, it's coming along slowly but surely. If I find out anything about the front emblem I'll certainly let you know

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Good lord that is a TIGHT fit in your garage? Hopefully its just the angle but dam....paint looks good but personally not a fan of the grille. Way to open imo
Agreed on both.

In my area, street parking is most common, then underground garages, then personal garages. Beggars can't be choosers, and it's no big deal w/ the backup cam

And as-is, the grille is too open for me too.

Next step is adding the emblem, then after that, depending how it looks, I'll swap the wire mesh for a heavier ABS mesh

Those stone seats look nice up there, side bolster in my already looks rough, will have to keep that product in mind
Old 07-20-2014, 08:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice job on the seats John, looks almost as good as Ricardo Mantalbans' Corinthian Leather from the Chrysler Cordoba days
Seriously though, the fact you were able to get rid of the spider cracks on the sides is enough to sell me on the stuff. Going to have to give that a serious look.

STown, like the grill and I'm sure once you get the emblem to cover the center support showing through it will improve the look quite a bit. That really is begging for some showy CAI tubes though, that would really make that grill shine. Paint match looks solid and the fit looks good from the pics, and agree, that would be tough garage to navigate on a regular basis.
Rochester (07-20-2014)
Old 07-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Hmmm.... You've got my attention. Please elaborate.
DIY: TB Coolant Delete - Nissan 370Z Forum

It should help with heat soak, and the parts are probably $10. Considering you live in FL and don't have to worry about your throttle body icing, I don't think there is a downside.

I had this done on my F-Body for 10+ years and never had an issue.

Motordyne use to include this with their intake spacers on the old 3.5 and refer to it as a CCV-- Coolant Control Valve.

Basically, our cars route coolant through the throttle bodies to prevent icing and to help the car warm up. It also ends up routing hot coolant through said throttle bodies, increasing the temp of incoming air. It's not going to add power, but it's going to reduce power loss due to heat soak.
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-ccv.jpg  
warped ideas (07-21-2014)
Old 07-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^
I did a coolant bypass on the TB in my old Maxima, as recommended by NWP Engineering in conjunction with their phenolic intake spacers. IDK if it mattered or not, but it was a simple matter of moving a couple of hoses.

And it made some sense, because the "coolant" was there to actually heat up the TB so it doesn't stick in sub-freezing temps.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:22 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

DIY: TB Coolant Delete - Nissan 370Z Forum

It should help with heat soak, and the parts are probably $10. Considering you live in FL and don't have to worry about your throttle body icing, I don't think there is a downside.

I had this done on my F-Body for 10+ years and never had an issue.

Motordyne use to include this with their intake spacers on the old 3.5 and refer to it as a CCV-- Coolant Control Valve.

Basically, our cars route coolant through the throttle bodies to prevent icing and to help the car warm up. It also ends up routing hot coolant through said throttle bodies, increasing the temp of incoming air. It's not going to add power, but it's going to reduce power loss due to heat soak.
That's an interesting option. Thanks for the info, brother.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:24 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Rochester
Aw come on, man... I've been talking about it for over a week.

LOL

Sorry, this topic didn't catch my attention until pictures were posted. I'll be doing this shortly on my black / graphite leather. It looks brand new, that's impressive.
Rochester (07-21-2014)
Old 07-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
^^^
I did a coolant bypass on the TB in my old Maxima, as recommended by NWP Engineering in conjunction with their phenolic intake spacers. IDK if it mattered or not, but it was a simple matter of moving a couple of hoses.

And it made some sense, because the "coolant" was there to actually heat up the TB so it doesn't stick in sub-freezing temps.
And you had no problems with the cold in your neck of the woods?

I want to do this when I get the time.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Rochester
Administrator

And you had no problems with the cold in your neck of the woods?

I want to do this when I get the time.
Nope. Not for 3 northeast winters. It really only gets sub-zero a few times a year around here.

I probably won't be doing this with the G, however. Two TB's and lots of HP already, the mod doesn't really appeal to me (yet).

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread