G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

Sorry, Mike. It was Choman's idea, and a pretty spontaneous one at that.

We're meeting up for breakfast Saturday at this fantastic location on Seneca Lake in Geneva, NY. He's going to be in the Finger Lakes region for something, and asked if I could meet him half-way. I can't speak for you, but I suspect driving 250 miles for coffee and scones is an effort not well matched for the returns. Besides... snow tires, road salt, freezing temps, etc. Yuck.

Beautiful facility, though: Belhurst Castle

Here's an idea: if this Chat Thread continues to evolve, and forum friendships continue as they seem to, we can all arrange for a larger Northeast Meetup in Summer 2014. I'd make a road trip for that. Someone can wear an iPad around their neck, and Newt could FaceTime in for participation.
Yeah I guess its not worth it I thought he would be driving from Fort Lee, NJ then in that case I could tag along haha but other than that yeah no point.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:40 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
There are a bunch of thing to hate here besides Taxes...car registration, gas, smog, crazy laws, etc, etc. Hey but I still love living here in Los Angeles. Don't think I could move anywhere else unless I'm forced to. You know I've never taken the drive to Frisco and I should. I want to take the coast hwy though up there and go through all those beautiful cities along the coast. Taken plenty of drives though to San Diego, TJ, Rosarito and Ensenada!
I love the drive to San Fran though I haven't stopped at the Hearst castle yet.... I have gone further to Napa as well which was a lot of fun though expensive shipping cases of wine home. I take the PCH as far as I can until it cuts into the mountains then follow it through to San Fran. Great drive and scenery. Then head through into Stinson Beach if you're feeling lucky. My favorite drive so far was from Vancouver, BC to San Diego then I hung a left and went to El Paso. Took a couple weeks with the stops at buildings and sights along the way but it was spectacular through the redwoods and so many other places.

I actually do love LA, I've "lived there" for weeks at a time over the past few years. But it's a lot different when the company is paying for everything and all I need to do is work a little and eat!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:44 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Sorry, Mike. It was Choman's idea, and a pretty spontaneous one at that.

We're meeting up for breakfast Saturday at this fantastic location on Seneca Lake in Geneva, NY. He's going to be in the Finger Lakes region for something, and asked if I could meet him half-way. I can't speak for you, but I suspect driving 250 miles for coffee and scones is an effort not well matched for the returns. Besides... snow tires, road salt, freezing temps, etc. Yuck.

Beautiful facility, though: Belhurst Castle

Here's an idea: if this Chat Thread continues to evolve, and forum friendships continue as they seem to, we can all arrange for a larger Northeast Meetup in Summer 2014. I'd make a road trip for that. Someone can wear an iPad around their neck, and Newt could FaceTime in for participation.
Can y'all bring two iPads? I don't wanna be left out!

I may be going to the National Impala Association annual meeting / car show this year. Be interesting to see if i could hook up with some fellow G owners while there or en route.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Can y'all bring two iPads? I don't wanna be left out!
Sure.

Say, aren't you supposed to be busy installing your cats and sways?
Old 12-18-2013, 12:50 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I should be but.... I'm old, fat and lazy so I'm getting someone else to do them tonight. Hooked up with a fellow G owner local here to Memphis on the Gs and Zs page, his guy is doing them tonight.

I did carry them all the way downstairs to the car so I think that counts?
Old 12-18-2013, 01:30 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
I'd think you'd have more opportunities for meet-up being near Toronto than you would in Upstate New York.

I've got a friend next door to you in Kitchener. We met through Maxima.org, and have both kept up contact since. He's come down to Rochester each of the last two years and we've spent the day at an AutoCross event. These days he's driving a supercharged 2003 G35 Sedan 6MT. It's pretty raw, and scary fast.
You see, I don't actually mind driving my G on three hour trips for fun. I actually enjoy it I take advantage of the opportunities to do things along the way.

I don't mind going to Toronto and Newmarket meets...but try to get those guys to drive an hour to my annual Ribfest meet in Kitchener is like pulling teeth to many of them. They say it's to far (smh).

Anyway, I think it would be nice to meet a few of you guys some day.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
How far is Kitchener from the border? I wouldn't mind a drive into Canada at some point.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Choman
How far is Kitchener from the border? I wouldn't mind a drive into Canada at some point.
About an hour and a half, give or take. 80+ miles northwest of Niagara Falls... which itself is about an hour and a half from Rochester, NY.

Do NOT bring alcohol in the car. And do NOT tell the border guards you're seeing someone you met online. Seriously. I learned that the hard way.

"Sir, why is your car so clean? Did you clean it specifically for this trip?" And I'm not kidding.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:01 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
About an hour and a half, give or take. 80+ miles northwest of Niagara Falls... which itself is about an hour and a half from Rochester, NY.

Do NOT bring alcohol in the car. And do NOT tell the border guards you're seeing someone you met online. Seriously. I learned that the hard way.

"Sir, why is your car so clean? Did you clean it specifically for this trip?" And I'm not kidding.
We Canucks can simply say one of three common things:
- we're going to the football game
- we're going to the hockey game
- we're going shopping.

They probably wouldn't believe you, most of the time, if you used any of those reasons.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I should be but.... I'm old, fat and lazy so I'm getting someone else to do them tonight. Hooked up with a fellow G owner local here to Memphis on the Gs and Zs page, his guy is doing them tonight.

I did carry them all the way downstairs to the car so I think that counts?
LOL good one
Old 12-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
You see, I don't actually mind driving my G on three hour trips for fun. I actually enjoy it I take advantage of the opportunities to do things along the way.

I don't mind going to Toronto and Newmarket meets...but try to get those guys to drive an hour to my annual Ribfest meet in Kitchener is like pulling teeth to many of them. They say it's to far (smh).

Anyway, I think it would be nice to meet a few of you guys some day.

Hey I wouldn't mind going on a 3hour drive either but it doesn't make sense to go on a 4h drive if not more to Rochester just for a coffee and a dinner or whatever if it was like couple people going and somebody from NJ area then hell yeah it would make more sense haha

Also what is the problem with seeing someone you met online or having your car clean like srsly wtf?
Old 12-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Also what is the problem with seeing someone you met online...
Scams

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
...or having your car clean like srsly wtf?
Drugs
Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Mik3G37S

Scams

Drugs
Okay I'll keep in mind when I am going to cross the border to make sure to cover my car in mud so I'm not accused of smuggling drugs lol
Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
We Canucks can simply say one of three common things:
- we're going to the football game
- we're going to the hockey game
- we're going shopping.

They probably wouldn't believe you, most of the time, if you used any of those reasons.
The unshaven CBP officer I dealt with the other day was... Unpleasant. Freaked out because my co-worker looked at his phone while he was looking at our passports. The CBSA officer on the other hand was very friendly while processing our paperwork and quizzing us. Of course, she was also a knockout so I may be a little biased.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:24 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
we need a big northeast / nj area meetup!

I did the most recent g35nyc (am I allowed to type that name here? ) meet in brooklyn; somewhere around 70 cars. It was an absolute blast.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread