G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

3. I thought I was taking good care of my Stone Leather. Turns out I'm not, LEXOL be damned. My friend Mark showed me what Leatherique can do to clean and restore the leather after applying it to a section of the driver's seat overnight, then cleaning it off the next day. I was floored. Seriously, it was an OMG moment. So I just now ordered some Leatherique. Can't wait to get it.
So now that means I gotta get that too, because you know? I listened to this guy Rochester on here and he told me to get LEXOL leather cleaner and conditioner anyways you got a link to that product?
Old 07-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Google the word Leatherique. Read the reviews, watch the Youtube videos.

Here's a how-to, from AutoGeek: http://www.autogeek.net/leatherique-...tructions.html

I bought a product-only kit (no towels or applicators) off ebay, $47 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatherique-Leather-Cleaner-Rejuvenator-pair-16-oz-w-free-Priority-Ship-/281271952434?hash=item417d1d6432&item=281271952434&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr
Old 07-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Google the word Leatherique. Read the reviews, watch the Youtube videos.

Here's a how-to, from AutoGeek: Leatherique How To Instructions, Leatherique instructions

I bought a product-only kit (no towels or applicators) off ebay, $47 shipped.

Leatherique Leather Cleaner Rejuvenator Pair 16 oz w Free Priority SHIP | eBay
damn that is quite pricey comparing to LEXOL
Old 07-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
damn that is quite pricey comparing to LEXOL
By a couple of factors, yes. However, when I showed my car to my friend, his first comment on my interior was, "Why are you letting your leather go to hell? It's filthy."

Truth is, I had no point of reference... until we cleaned a section of the driver's seat, and I was forced to believe my own lying eyes.

He has a 2005 G35 Sport Sedan with a Stone Leather interior (and Lakeshore Slate paint, the bastard), and his leather was more clean than mine.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:07 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
[IMG][/IMG]

For those really BIG jobs
Old 07-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
3. I thought I was taking good care of my Stone Leather. Turns out I'm not, LEXOL be damned. My friend Mark showed me what Leatherique can do to clean and restore the leather after applying it to a section of the driver's seat overnight, then cleaning it off the next day. I was floored. Seriously, it was an OMG moment. So I just now ordered some Leatherique. Can't wait to get it.
Interesting find. I too have been a big fan of LEXOL, in fact, I did the interior of my wife's MDX with it yesterday. Leatherique seems to have a cult like following, but what gets me, is the recommendation to let the car sit in the hot sun, windows up, for 7 hours after the first application. It's hard for me to set aside that much time for detailing--because kids.

Post up your results when you give it a try, because I might pick some up as well. I'm planning on cleaning the leather in my car today or tomorrow since I'm unemployed for the week. I'm going to skip picking up another cleaner/conditioner of LEXOL and go with the last of the Zaino cleaner I have.

4. They loved my Titanium teardrop shift **** idea from Lathewerks.com. Figured they would. I ordered that this morning, too.
I'm starting to lean towards the teardrop as well. For some reason, I don't think a ball shift **** would look right, and with the planned TWM STS, I think it would sit too low for my tastes.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:37 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

[IMG][/IMG]

Midnight grill installed! Took 30 minutes to do, super simple and I cut the two little posts down a bit for future removal of the radiator shroud. The grill IMO kind of brings together the front of my car. I like the look.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Post up your results when you give it a try, because I might pick some up as well.
You know I will. Although before/after pictures are difficult to convey stuff like this. It's really more of a hands-on, eyeball kind of thing. When the leatherique arrives (in a few days), I'll probably test it out on one seat, or one section, at a time. Granted, that's what my friend did, but now it's me, so I need time to play with it.

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I'm starting to lean towards the teardrop as well. For some reason, I don't think a ball shift **** would look right, and with the planned TWM STS, I think it would sit too low for my tastes.
If you're in no rush, then wait for my pics and review. I've not seen the tear-drop design in the G before (not yet).

I think I'd like to keep (or buy) the OEM **** for winter. From what I've read, SS and Ti ***** can be brutal in zero-temp situations.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas

Midnight grill installed! Took 30 minutes to do, super simple and I cut the two little posts down a bit for future removal of the radiator shroud. The grill IMO kind of brings together the front of my car. I like the look.
Nice addition Justin, good idea about shaving those posts down a bit
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 02:49 PM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks awesome! Do you have a before and after pic?
warped ideas (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Need 4 Speed

Received 86 Likes on 77 Posts
By a couple of factors, yes. However, when I showed my car to my friend, his first comment on my interior was, "Why are you letting your leather go to hell? It's filthy."

Truth is, I had no point of reference... until we cleaned a section of the driver's seat, and I was forced to believe my own lying eyes.

He has a 2005 G35 Sport Sedan with a Stone Leather interior (and Lakeshore Slate paint, the bastard), and his leather was more clean than mine.
My leather is going to hell on my G35, I might have to invest in this! Rochester Knows!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:58 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by kOrE
Looks awesome! Do you have a before and after pic?

Before
[IMG][/IMG]

After
[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for the compliments and advice Brad.
blnewt (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 08:00 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
That radiator cover is one of my adversaries, hate that thing
Old 07-16-2014, 08:29 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Opinions needed here. While doing an oil change I started looking at my "less than adequate diameter" mid pipes.... I looked around and found straight pipes that run from cats to the mufflers. Anybody have experience they want to share? A true dual exhaust with a 2.25" diameter from front to back would probably sound nice. My only real concern being rasp. I don't have it now but don't want to make a change that could induce rasp either.... Decisions decisions....
Old 07-16-2014, 12:38 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Opinions needed here. While doing an oil change I started looking at my "less than adequate diameter" mid pipes.... I looked around and found straight pipes that run from cats to the mufflers. Anybody have experience they want to share? A true dual exhaust with a 2.25" diameter from front to back would probably sound nice. My only real concern being rasp. I don't have it now but don't want to make a change that could induce rasp either.... Decisions decisions....
I would think you would get a fair amount of rasp, but if it doesn't cost a lot to do that setup I would give it a try.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread