blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
^^^Lol Matt^^^ Look forward to your review, if you can get off the couch
Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 177 Likes on 116 Posts
LOL, I will be sure to post a detailed review for everyone with sound clips as soon as I install it.

I'm thinking I'll install the CBE first and keep my stock cats on. Then I'll install the RHFC's so we can see how the sound changes.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
LOL, I will be sure to post a detailed review for everyone with sound clips as soon as I install it.

I'm thinking I'll install the CBE first and keep my stock cats on. Then I'll install the RHFC's so we can see how the sound changes.
Staged modifications, FTW.

RHFC + OEM Catback is a pretty quiet set-up. You certainly hear a deeper, louder burble when under load, but it's only interesting in comparison to the stock set-up. Compared to an aftermarket cat-back, not so much.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:42 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Kirk, I can't wait to see pics of and hear your new Meisterschaft exhaust. How soon will you be getting it?
I got it today. Install will be at noon tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-image-2532519461.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by '11G37S:
Mik3G37S (06-30-2014), nishfish871 (06-30-2014), twin_snails (07-01-2014)
Old 06-30-2014, 09:42 PM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Mike, those IPL whees look awesome on your car! Props for doing something a little different.

Kirk, I can't wait to see pics of and hear your new Meisterschaft exhaust. How soon will you be getting it?

In other news, my 2.5" RHFC's and CBE (non-resonated) should be here Wednesday or Thursday!!! Seriously. Can't wait!!!

^^
My couch has taken a beating from all of the "Can't wait fits" I've had over the last 3 months...LOL!
Non resonated wow! Post some clips, its going to be loud!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Mike, those IPL whees look awesome on your car! Props for doing something a little different.
Thank You sir, I'm glad it's not just me who likes it. As a matter of fact I keep getting compliments regarding the wheels and in general how well they look on the car hence it being graphite shadow. I try to be different than most of the crowd, even though I love sport coupe wheels, the fact is that they are too common on sedans.

Originally Posted by Rochester

Found this on G35Driver.com: 19x8.5 +43mm offset front, 19x9 +45mm offset rear.

That said, you might be wanting spacers if you drop the car.
Well then idk then if the specs on IPL wheels are any different than sport sedan wheels( I'm talking width/offset wise) because they definitely sit more flush than sport sedan wheels, .. And yes of course I will be dropping the car, I can't wait for that to happen to complete the look and that's what I was thinking that I will need spacers but dunno what size

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 07-01-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:44 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
For those who have GoPro's what program do you all use to compile all of your videos into one video to post on YouTube?
Old 07-01-2014, 05:06 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Well then idk then if the specs on IPL wheels are any different than sport sedan wheels( I'm talking width/offset wise) because they definitely sit more flush than sport sedan wheels, .. And yes of course I will be dropping the car, I can't wait for that to happen to complete the look and that's what I was thinking that I will need spacers but dunno what size
Your staggered 18" duckfeet are +45 front and +50 rear. So yes, the IPL wheels would be positioned further out by 2mm & 5mm respectively. You've got a pretty good eye for details if you noticed that. Blnewt can probably offer some good advice on spacers. My advice is to take your time. Lower the car first, then assess where you are.

Based solely on my experience, my rear Vossens are +42, and still poke just a couple millimeters even after the drop; (although that's the curvature of the tire, because it sure looks to me like the lip of the rim is spot-on.) That said, your +45 IPL rears should be just about perfect after being lowered, without any need for spacers. (lucky)

My front Vossens are +32. After the drop I added 3mm spacers to the front, and they look pretty darn flush. If anything, they're still a couple millimeters into the fenders. Comparatively, your 43mm offset is 8mm deeper than what I have (32+3), so all things considered, you might be wanting an 8mm to 10mm hub-centric spacer on the fronts. I don't recall what spacer depth tips you over the fence from extended studs into recessed studs. You'll have to research spacers.

Someone feel free to correct me if my math is whacked. If this were 6 months ago, I'd be a drooling idiot about this topic. As it stands now, I'm still no expert.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-01-2014 at 05:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 08:27 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Your staggered 18" duckfeet are +45 front and +50 rear. So yes, the IPL wheels would be positioned further out by 2mm & 5mm respectively. You've got a pretty good eye for details if you noticed that. Blnewt can probably offer some good advice on spacers. My advice is to take your time. Lower the car first, then assess where you are.

Based solely on my experience, my rear Vossens are +42, and still poke just a couple millimeters even after the drop; (although that's the curvature of the tire, because it sure looks to me like the lip of the rim is spot-on.) That said, your +45 IPL rears should be just about perfect after being lowered, without any need for spacers. (lucky)

My front Vossens are +32. After the drop I added 3mm spacers to the front, and they look pretty darn flush. If anything, they're still a couple millimeters into the fenders. Comparatively, your 43mm offset is 8mm deeper than what I have (32+3), so all things considered, you might be wanting an 8mm to 10mm hub-centric spacer on the fronts. I don't recall what spacer depth tips you over the fence from extended studs into recessed studs. You'll have to research spacers.

Someone feel free to correct me if my math is whacked. If this were 6 months ago, I'd be a drooling idiot about this topic. As it stands now, I'm still no expert.
I'm truly proud of your wheel knowledge grasshopper
Of course you had to learn the hard way but it seems to be well engrained

As far as spacers I'd give this clip a look, pretty well done and should help

The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
LOL. Thanks, Po.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:05 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Staged modifications, FTW.

RHFC + OEM Catback is a pretty quiet set-up. You certainly hear a deeper, louder burble when under load, but it's only interesting in comparison to the stock set-up. Compared to an aftermarket cat-back, not so much.
That would be interesting indeed. It would probably even more growl combined with my long tube intakes. I'm going the other way around...CBE first and then I'll take it to my buddy's shop and let them install the cats. Or I may just do it myself when I pull the FSTB to clean the throttle bodies and change my spark plugs.

Did you install your RHFC's yourself?
Old 07-01-2014, 02:10 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Of course you had to learn the hard way but it seems to be well engrained
Isn't that the way that most knowledge seems to come? The hard way and hard work? I know I've been there and I seem to have a greater appreciation for the knowledge learned. All in the journey of getting there I suppose.

But yes, props on your wheel knowledge John. It can be a rather mystifying topic. I'm just now to the point (thanks to the myg37 forum) where I have a grasp on it myself. And now we can help others.

Great video on spacers Brad! Thanks for that.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Did you install your RHFC's yourself?
Good God, no. Did that sort of thing when I was younger, but am much happier paying for the expertise that solves problems which could consume my entire weekend, p1ss me off, or otherwise scrape my knuckles to the bone.

At this point, the only crawling under the cars I do are oil changes.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:16 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by nishfish871
Non resonated wow! Post some clips, its going to be loud!
Yeah, I'm a little bit nervous about how loud it's going to be. But the good thing is that if I don't like it, I can always swap in a resonated X-pipe.

I've never heard a non-resonated Sedan setup so this should truly be interesting to say the least. Lol! I'll definitely post some clips for you guys to check out.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:20 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Good God, no. Did that sort of thing when I was younger, but am much happier paying for the expertise that solves problems which could consume my entire weekend, p1ss me off, or otherwise scrape my knuckles to the bone.

At this point, the only crawling under the cars I do are oil changes.
I'm kind of with you on that! I was going to approach that one with some trepidation, primarily for the reasons you mentioned...lol. CBE I feel pretty comfortable with though.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread