G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 11:25 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Just saying if you are going to customize your headlights and swap the lenses to clear STI-R lenses and also swap in the Osram CBIs (5k) don't go with any 6k fog crap... get the Morimoto 3Fives 5k as well so it matches the headlight output color temperature
I didn't plan to buy those at all - was more so looking to see what the kit looked like. Obviously it's a generic picture so it didn't really help me.

The Morimotos were my planned purchase for the fog conversion anyhow - I've always used them in the past and won't stray because I'm stubborn like that
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
haha yeah I've used them couple times and not going to stray either, I have their 5k 3Five H8 kit on my fogs, sooner or later I'll eventually do the STI-R lenses and CBIs (can't wait)
Old 12-16-2013, 11:43 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

You and me both, man. I'm just drooling to get this project started. I want to get the HID system for the fogs ordered so I can take care of everything at once while i'm doing my headlights.

Although, I'm still tossing the idea of getting a more yellow bulb (3000k or 4300k) for the fogs... I've used it in the past and it helps in the foggy conditions we have on my back roads and around my area. Not too sure how that would look on the G though...
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I just replaced my stock fog light bulbs with Hoens (not LEDs though) and I like them. They're a bit more yellow and do help with visibility in foggy conditions.

Link to Hoen:
Hoen
Old 12-17-2013, 01:20 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I've used Hoen bulbs on my VWs and Cooper S in the past - great stuff there but I'm looking for the best light output and don't mind spending the money on a quality HID kit.

Picked up the Morimoto kit from TRS on eBay with a best offer of $115. Deal maker for me
Old 12-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Coffee Talk...

I'm going to meet up with Choman this weekend, Winter weather allowing. Take note of his sig line... with those mods and tune, his 6MT is putting out 40hp over OEM trim.

Yikes!

I may or may not take pictures. Two G37S 6MT Sedans covered in road-salt is not exactly a beautiful thing. It's extremely rare, sure, but not necessarily photo worthy.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:16 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Two G37S 6MT Sedans
Sounds photo worthy to me.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Coffee Talk...

I'm going to meet up with Choman this weekend, Winter weather allowing. Take note of his sig line... with those mods and tune, his 6MT is putting out 40hp over OEM trim.

Yikes!

I may or may not take pictures. Two G37S 6MT Sedans covered in road-salt is not exactly a beautiful thing. It's extremely rare, sure, but not necessarily photo worthy.
Sounds fun, give Kevin a shout out for me
The following users liked this post:
Choman (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 07:04 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I may or may not take pictures. Two G37S 6MT Sedans covered in road-salt is not exactly a beautiful thing. It's extremely rare, sure, but not necessarily photo worthy.[/QUOTE]

Take the pics! I grabbed one at the mall this weekend of a GT-R and a G coupe.. A bit different though all of leaving at the same time was interesting. Liking that GT-R more and more....

Tomorrow is the day, RHFCs and Hotchkis bars going on. Maybe the Cusco but I still need to finish the tweaking of the intakes.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:41 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc

Take the pics! I grabbed one at the mall this weekend of a GT-R and a G coupe.. A bit different though all of leaving at the same time was interesting. Liking that GT-R more and more....

Tomorrow is the day, RHFCs and Hotchkis bars going on. Maybe the Cusco but I still need to finish the tweaking of the intakes.
Looking forward to hearing the upcoming reviews of you guys installing the HFCs, seems to be a quite a few getting them done in the next couple weeks, you've got my attention.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Santa came early.…
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-imag0334.jpg  
Old 12-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Excellent. Looking forward to hearing your initial opinions. But actually, it's your opinion and comments after a few weeks that probably matters more.

The swaybars, on the other hand... that's something you will appreciate immediately, and I suspect you will have a Holy F*ck! moment when you go ramping around your local highways. That is, assuming you've got the tires. Upgraded sways will matter a whole lot more if you're running 3-season tires.

That Cusco bar is a simple DIY that you can do at any time. Here's the thing, though... you probably won't appreciate whatever there is to appreciate if you do it at the same time as the Sways. You might recognize the handling characteristics better if you wait to install the FSTB. Even better still if you installed it before the sways... but I don't think that's going to happen.

Either way, tomorrow is a big day. Enjoy it, Rex.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-17-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Coffee Talk...

Yikes!

Wait wait how come you guys forgot about me?????! I'm down to meet too ! Can make it 3 G37S 6MT Sedans all in different colors !
Old 12-17-2013, 11:28 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Excellent. Looking forward to hearing your initial opinions. But actually, it's your opinion and comments after a few weeks that probably matters more.

The swaybars, on the other hand... that's something you will appreciate immediately, and I suspect you will have a Holy F*ck! moment when you go ramping around your local highways. That is, assuming you've got the tires. Upgraded sways will matter a whole lot more if you're running 3-season tires.

That Cusco bar is a simple DIY that you can do at any time. Here's the thing, though... you probably won't appreciate whatever there is to appreciate if you do it at the same time as the Sways. You might recognize the handling characteristics better if you wait to install the FSTB. Even better still if you installed it before the sways... but I don't think that's going to happen.

Either way, tomorrow is a big day. Enjoy it, Rex.
Thank you sir, I'm pretty stoked. I decided I will hold off on the cusco bar for now. Partially to see if I can note the difference as you mentioned and it may help me describe the changes better as well. I'm hoping to be tearing around like a banshee tomorrow night, well within the speed limit naturally... It will also give me time to swap out the intake parts easily. BTW - I totally underestimated the difficulty of cutting that piece of hose, clearly an upgrade from what I have used in the past.

As far as tires, I need tires. I've been trying to decide what to do, we don't get a lot of snow here but some ice. I don't think I need snow tires for the winter but I'm sure there will be days I couldn't run a summer tire as well. So the question becomes do I go all seasons or go with two sets of tires. I've been following the discussion on the snow tire thread but it hasn't really helped much. Right now I'm running staggered 18s squared up with Brad's help. I have two sets of Rays so I'll be running a squared set of 19s shortly and was looking at a squared set of 20s but I'm not certain I want to go there. Right now I'm leaning towards PS AS3s but I seem to be stuck in a bit of a loop.

Thank you though, it will be enjoyable I'm sure! I actually decided to go with the sways now based on some of your feedback so thank you for that.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
You'll definitely enjoy the sways but don't set them at full stiff in the rear. They are 3 way adjustable in the rear so you may just want to set it in the middle, semi stiff. I have a blast all the time hitting the onramps and out here in So Cal we don't have to worry about snow tires or all season tires for that matter. We can pretty much run summer tires all year long

The HFC's will make your exhaust much louder than what it is now but enjoy that too because i do. Love putting the windows down in tunnels and underpasses. sounds so sick...my kids just love the way my Mia growls.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZOSTER33:
Mik3G37S (12-18-2013), RexHavoc (12-17-2013)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread