G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 03:22 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Sounds like it's time to schedule the mid-south meet up John!

It sounds like the NIA is looking at Branson for the annual car meet next year. I just went to Branson a few weeks ago and it's a really nice looking locale. That and some of the roads in AR appear they could be some fun.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:56 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Sounds like it's time to schedule the mid-south meet up John!

It sounds like the NIA is looking at Branson for the annual car meet next year. I just went to Branson a few weeks ago and it's a really nice looking locale. That and some of the roads in AR appear they could be some fun.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
My mom lives in western Kansas, so if I had enough lead time I could possibly squeeze in a side trip to Branson from there and kill two birds w/ one stone. What time of year would this be happening if & when the ball starts rolling
Old 05-31-2014, 06:11 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
My mom lives in western Kansas, so if I had enough lead time I could possibly squeeze in a side trip to Branson from there and kill two birds w/ one stone. What time of year would this be happening if & when the ball starts rolling
Brad it's generally during the summer but I'll get information to you as soon as I know whether it's a go or not.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:41 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
So I'm pretty mad at myself right now....tapped someones bumper pulling out of a parking lot yesterday It's been almost 20 years since my last accident

Making a right turn, I thought they were going to go, because they had a huge gap, they hesitated and didn't go, I was a little too quick to jump thinking I could get out too. My passenger side corner hit their drivers side corner. No damage that we could see to their 525i.

Went and got a quote over lunch. $650 + they will probably need to replace the headlight since it is scratched and a tab is broken on it, to the tune of $1100. I have a $500 deductible, so no sense paying out of pocket.

On the plus side, I scheduled the appointment for a week I'll be traveling. Drop the car off before I go, pick it up the next day. Still, logistics will suck since wifey will have to taxi me to the airport and I'll have to have my parents pick me up since nobody can drive a manual to get my car before I get back.

If it's any consolation I received my first ticket today, citation for "improper U-turn", can't argue it wasn't (basically drove past a No U-Turn sign about 300ft and pull one there), hoping I can get a plea deal in court to make it non-moving ($$$ court fees but no points or insurance hike)

This came in, hope to install it this week, plans are to paint it unless it looks really good in matte black, also very likely swap mesh for some thicker ABS stuff to match lower grille, and lastly stick on the Fuji emblem
Name:  grille_zps252ebcd7.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  60.6 KB
Old 05-31-2014, 07:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Looking forward to seeing that grill installed Saint, pretty clean look.

Thanks for the heads-up Chris, I have to have all my vacation weeks picked by November for the upcoming year, so it's have to be next summer
Old 05-31-2014, 08:43 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I think that's what they're looking at. This years is.... I forget where but I know,it's booked already
Old 06-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Parked next to an IPL coupe yesterday. I thought it was somewhat odd, since it was in a "family" spot and I cant imagine getting car seats in the back of a coupe. Of course there were no car seats or any signs of kids

First IPL ive seen up close. Exhaust tips are kinda big....love the wheels....wasn't feeling the infiniti pinstripes.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Parked next to an IPL coupe yesterday. I thought it was somewhat odd, since it was in a "family" spot and I cant imagine getting car seats in the back of a coupe. Of course there were no car seats or any signs of kids

First IPL ive seen up close. Exhaust tips are kinda big....love the wheels....wasn't feeling the infiniti pinstripes.
Agreed on the tips... way too big. Almost truck-like. Hmm, you know what looks nice? I saw two Acura TL Type-S yesterday in the movie theater parking lot. Those round quad-tips are very appealing. (Although a whole lot of BS for a single-pipe exhaust.)

"family spot"? Never heard of those. Must be a regional thing.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Agreed on the tips... way too big. Almost truck-like. Hmm, you know what looks nice? I saw two Acura TL Type-S yesterday in the movie theater parking lot. Those round quad-tips are very appealing. (Although a whole lot of BS for a single-pipe exhaust.)

"family spot"? Never heard of those. Must be a regional thing.
I always kinda liked the older TL Type-S cars.

It shows a person with a kid. Frankly, one would think there would be a higher probability of getting a door ding in one of those spots. I love parking in the "fuel efficient vehicle" spots
Old 06-01-2014, 11:19 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Mini-vans are my friends. The doors roll, not swing!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:21 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I saw a GTR yesterday down by the beach. God damn I'd love to have one. The exhaust hell the entire @ss of that car is sexy.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by warped ideas
I saw a GTR yesterday down by the beach. God damn I'd love to have one. The exhaust hell the entire @ss of that car is sexy.
Yep. No denying the GT-R. Helluva car.

When thinking "next car", I'm pretty settled that it will be a Coupe (2+4). It might be an automatic transmission, because I'm just getting old. And if it's an AT, then it will likely be AWD. I suspect the newly designed Q60Sx will be high on my list. And since no one has seen it yet, I based that on nothing whatsoever.

Anyway, that's so many years away (like 6 to 8), that it's all just random thoughts right now.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:03 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Rochester
Yep. No denying the GT-R. Helluva car.

When thinking "next car", I'm pretty settled that it will be a Coupe (2+4). It might be an automatic transmission, because I'm just getting old. And if it's an AT, then it will likely be AWD. I suspect the newly designed Q60Sx will be high on my list. And since no one has seen it yet, I based that on nothing whatsoever.

Anyway, that's so many years away (like 6 to 8), that it's all just random thoughts right now.
Sadly, I am in the same boat. It will be at leats 4 years before I could justify another vehicle. The Harley is eating my lunch as we speak and it depreciated almost 50% in the year that I've owned it. I swear

Unless Infiniti pulls out the stops and makes a REALLY nice coupe then I will be looking into the Audi. It's so far away that I am really speaking out of my @ss at this point. LOL
Old 06-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by warped ideas
Sadly, I am in the same boat. It will be at leats 4 years before I could justify another vehicle.
Oh, but it isn't at all sad. It's all good, actually.

I have exactly the car I want, right now. The condition, the design, the low miles, the way it's been modified so far... it's all come together into a sweet-spot of awesome. With ample plans to modify it throughout the full lifetime of ownership.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread