G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
You having JP do them for you?
Not yet Chris, but will be having him do them for me pretty much exactly like in the pictures included

Originally Posted by Motoboat
Nice! I'm jelly. Where are you gettig them done? I'm almost to the point of ripping mine own apart and painting them black. I'm not sure if I have te technical expertise to do the LEDs though.
It's the same guy that did Chris's calipers and underhood contents, and that's exactly the reason why I won't do my light work like ripping them apart myself as I don't wanna be experimenting for the first time on this car haha.

Originally Posted by STownSaint
As much as the circular tail lights define the G sedan (or even the "skyline" heritage), those semi-circle lights look mean! And I'm also very rarely a fan of tinted tail lights, but they do look nice against charcoal grey. AND those headlights are somethnig else.

180 right? Amazing work but $$$
Yeah they are sick and that's the reason why I got them, they are a one off , won't see another set of tails like that unless someone copies it haha. and this is something You might not be aware of, they are not tinted on the outside at all, that's something I didn't wanna do... they are painted on the inside where the chrome inside the tailights is... giving them this Cherry red look called midnight look. and those semi-circle LEDs are so called Evil Iron man LEDs, indeed I love how it came out against that graphite shadow of mine.

And yes, the tailights were done by 180 as a one-off supposedly.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice look Mike, always hard to take pics that actually represent how they look in person, at least that's been my experience. Those headlights are going to be killer!
Thank you Brad, yeah You are right, but that last daytime picture shows it kind of pretty well I guess due to the glare of the sun from the side, it truly shows what they really look like.

and yeah I saw these being done by JP on facebook and I knew that's exactly how I need mine done for my car and now with the evil iron man tailights I got, I need me some evil iron man headlights and that turn signal within them is sick just like everything about them.

BTW updated the original post with a "before" and a better "after" picture, and I forgot to mention it that as we were installing them, I kind of unintentionally customized them even further, since the original turn signal on those were three top LEDs on the outer ring and the LED side marker , but since I had the buGfresh's turn signal conversion kit, I was told by Peter and Ahmed(doublea88) that it looks a lot better with that kit so I left it like that.

Thanks everyone !

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 05-28-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:16 AM
Franciswildcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy rims for my 2011 g37xs sedan. On tenabe springs but unsure on wheel fitment. Anyone have suggestions on basic sizes?
Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Franciswildcat
Looking to buy rims for my 2011 g37xs sedan. On tenabe springs but unsure on wheel fitment. Anyone have suggestions on basic sizes?
Any wheel questions should be posted here, and help will be on the way
Wheels & Tires - MyG37
Old 05-28-2014, 03:08 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Mike, I'm digging those evil ironman tails you did. Very unique. Props to you sir! How did you do it?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Mike, I'm digging those evil ironman tails you did. Very unique. Props to you sir! How did you do it?
Well, thanks, I'm glad you like them, but I have to disappoint you sir, I didn't do those myself, I simply swapped my stocks + $$$ for them with someone who had them done by 180 as a one off I was told. I wanted these for the longest since the the day Peter(guy who I got them from) got them on his car. Couldn't pass up on this
Old 05-28-2014, 11:43 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Mike, I'm 99% sure those are the ones Alex did for his car or very close to it. You're looking at almost a grand in work on those tails man. Great find!

I'm very jealous!!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Mike, I'm 99% sure those are the ones Alex did for his car or very close to it. You're looking at almost a grand in work on those tails man. Great find!

I'm very jealous!!
Yeah I know, they indeed are the ones Chris, Peter told me that they were the tails that Alex did for his car and then modded them for him back in January I guess Yeah I couldn't pass up on that chance to get those tailights man !

Now at least, I got one off tails that once belonged to Alex and You got that one of a kind trunk lid that once belonged to Alex now we are squared

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 05-29-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:00 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
For all you guys running with Akebono brakes, do you use the same Super Heavy Duty DOT 3 brake fluid as we OEM small brake owners? Changing my brakes out this coming week and just need to know if I need a different fluid since I'll be flushing out the brakes and all.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:21 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
For all you guys running with Akebono brakes, do you use the same Super Heavy Duty DOT 3 brake fluid as we OEM small brake owners? Changing my brakes out this coming week and just need to know if I need a different fluid since I'll be flushing out the brakes and all.
Motul RBF 600
Old 05-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Car and Driver speculated that OE brake fluid contributed to their crashing a 370 NISMO into a wall at VIR.

Link to post accident investigation: Z Meets Wall: We Investigate Why the NISMO Z's Brakes Failed at Lightning Lap - Feature - Car and Driver

Highlights for the TLDR crowd:

Stopping distances from 100 mph worsened from about 325 feet to nearly 500, a level the Z maintained through cycles two and three. By the end of the fourth cycle (or 20 stops), braking distances stretched to more than 1000 feet

Although the upgraded pads endured roughly a dozen more stops than could the base pads and were extremely consistent—the Z’s 20th stop took 318 feet, almost exactly the same as the first one—their performance fell off a cliff shortly thereafter.

Considering 23 essentially fade-free stops, not only did the fluid extend braking performance, but stops 24 through 31 showed gradual fade

So while our test with the aftermarket brake fluid extended the capability of the Z’s brakes, it couldn’t solve the heat-buildup problem—it simply staved off the inevitable. Thus, an even more expensive and sophisticated fluid with a higher boiling point wouldn’t be a panacea, either.

Key takeaway: If you intend to track a Z, don’t use the base pads, upgrade the brake fluid, and be sure to install brake-cooling ducts

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
Motul RBF 600
Me too

Castrol RBF if you're a high roller.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:44 AM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac

Castrol RBF if you're a high roller.
when I was racing touring cars the hot ticket was Ford HD brake fluid, couldn't be beat for the availability/price, so long as you changed it if you even SUSPECTED it was getting wet. We were bleeding brakes daily anyway so nbd
Old 05-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chris_s
when I was racing touring cars the hot ticket was Ford HD brake fluid, couldn't be beat for the availability/price, so long as you changed it if you even SUSPECTED it was getting wet. We were bleeding brakes daily anyway so nbd
Best I can find, Ford HD has a wet boiling point of 290, far less tnan motul 421, or castrol 518.

I tend to focus more on the wet boiling point, since brake fluid will inevitably start attracting moisture once it's opened.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:30 AM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Best I can find, Ford HD has a wet boiling point of 290, far less tnan motul 421, or castrol 518.

I tend to focus more on the wet boiling point, since brake fluid will inevitably start attracting moisture once it's opened.
yeah, but at < $5/can you can use a fresh can every time, car gets full service every night anyway. different application, but honestly if you're putting that much heat into your brakes on a regular basis shouldn't you be doing service regularly anyway?
Old 05-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chris_s
yeah, but at < $5/can you can use a fresh can every time, car gets full service every night anyway. different application, but honestly if you're putting that much heat into your brakes on a regular basis shouldn't you be doing service regularly anyway?
You should certainly bleed your brakes on a regular basis, that's why I have a motive power bleeder

I dont think $14 for a can of motul rbf 600 is expensive though
Old 05-29-2014, 02:32 PM
PERMAT

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Per recommendation of my local Z shop, I switched to Motul 5.1. Was told it was better for my application since this is my daily driver and currently no plans of tracking -- has less moisture absorption than RBF
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (05-29-2014)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread