G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Here you go Mike, real easy, only hitch is the reverse lights are also held on w/ sticky foam, just need to be firm w/ pulling it up, and try not to tear it up so you can reuse it. Now as far as separating the housing, that's not going to be as much fun from what I can tell. Might be a good idea to take some pics of that part and share w/ us for a future DIY (hint hint).
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...aillights.html
Thanks Brad! Will keep in mind your advice and well I won't be able to take pics as I am swapping mine (stock) plus cash for this guy's tailights but will definitely post a picture and a video of how it looks. These definitely are one of a kind sedan tailights as I have never seen midnight tails with that mod except on this particular guy's sedan and it looks sick

I wouldn't have the guts to open up my headlights or tailights myself especially on my G as I have never done anything like that so I wouldn't wanna mess up experimenting for the first time.

Edit: unfortunately I cant find any info in that DIY regarding what tools I will need haha.

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 05-22-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:29 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Socket wrench and... I think an 8 or 10 deep well should be all you need. Maybe a screw driver to pop some things but that's it. It's really easy Mike.

Sounds like I don't need to pick up that other set of inners now?
Old 05-23-2014, 01:16 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Socket wrench and... I think an 8 or 10 deep well should be all you need. Maybe a screw driver to pop some things but that's it. It's really easy Mike.

Sounds like I don't need to pick up that other set of inners now?
I figured it is pretty easy Chris, just wanted to find out what tools I'll need.

well, Chris my offering is still up, if You wanna give that a try I am willing to do this for You as a favor for nothing in return. It definitely is worth a shot. Can't wait for tomorrow after work till I get those tails installed, here's a reason why

teaser picture - keep in mind it doesn't do justice AT ALL.
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-evil-iron-man-tails.jpg  
Old 05-23-2014, 08:07 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
They look good, are those Alex's old tails?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
They look good, are those Alex's old tails?
No, I highly doubt that, getting them from someone else, but definitely Alex or someone at 180 obviously worked on them
Old 05-23-2014, 09:29 AM
MiPwnYew

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, quick question for any of the lowered G's. So I measured and remeasured my coilovers before I installed them to try to be even, but it seems like the passenger front and rear sits about 1/8" lower than the driver side. It's a small amount, but it's noticeable to me.

Wasn't sure if this was normal for the sedans due to how the weight is distributed, or if it's odd? I supposed I can go adjust the driver side a hair, it's just mildly annoying lol
Old 05-23-2014, 10:15 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by MiPwnYew
Hey, quick question for any of the lowered G's. So I measured and remeasured my coilovers before I installed them to try to be even, but it seems like the passenger front and rear sits about 1/8" lower than the driver side. It's a small amount, but it's noticeable to me.

Wasn't sure if this was normal for the sedans due to how the weight is distributed, or if it's odd? I supposed I can go adjust the driver side a hair, it's just mildly annoying lol
When installing coilovers, it's very rare that you can install them all dialed in at the same height and have the car sit even on all 4 corners. After installation, you'll want to measure fender to ground and make your adjustments that way. Ensure you are on a level, flat surface when making your measurements. They don't need to be 100% dead on ***** accurate, but get them as close as you can.
The following users liked this post:
MiPwnYew (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 10:15 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I figured it is pretty easy Chris, just wanted to find out what tools I'll need.

well, Chris my offering is still up, if You wanna give that a try I am willing to do this for You as a favor for nothing in return. It definitely is worth a shot. Can't wait for tomorrow after work till I get those tails installed, here's a reason why

teaser picture - keep in mind it doesn't do justice AT ALL.
Dammit - another thing I want to spend money on
Old 05-23-2014, 10:52 AM
WhiteG_6MT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thx man. As a lifelong owner of MT cars bought new, previous including:

'96 Integra 5MT 140k
01 Outback 5MT 90k
03 Altima 3.5SE 5MT 150k -- traded for G37
05 Jetta TDI 5MT 190k - still own

That's over half a million miles, and not once have I had a trans or clutch issue on any of these vehicles. I don't even want to talk about A/T and the issues I've had... LOL.

That reliability is a strong influence on my buying MT cars. I'm a little jaded ATM that what I thought was a proven and rugged drive-train is maybe not so rugged (trans).

Nonetheless, the dealer treated me well, gave me a loaner for a week, and took care of every minor issue (brake squeal too).

Hopefully my bad gearbox was just a fluke and this one will be more typical of MTs in general.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 AM
WhiteG_6MT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Interesting. When car and driver wrecked their 370Z they contributed it to pads and fluid with a low boiling point, so there may be some merit to your dealers claim.

Would this be covered by the extended powertrain warranty?

Keep us posted Rochester.
When they fixed my clutch problem (pedal sticking to the floor) last year it was covered.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:29 AM
original sin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MiPwnYew
Hey, quick question for any of the lowered G's. So I measured and remeasured my coilovers before I installed them to try to be even, but it seems like the passenger front and rear sits about 1/8" lower than the driver side. It's a small amount, but it's noticeable to me. Wasn't sure if this was normal for the sedans due to how the weight is distributed, or if it's odd? I supposed I can go adjust the driver side a hair, it's just mildly annoying lol
Not sure how it is on nissans but this is common on subarus. Apparently it is to account for the driver weight.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:27 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I performed my own "Induction" service this morning. Car feels like it idles a bit smoother and doesn't hang when you rev the motor. That's all I could notice.
  • Cleaned MAF sensors
  • Cleaned throttle bodies thoroughly (again)
  • Cleaned inners of intake manifold

I'm thinking about having my dealership change out my transmission fluid and gear oil to see how that affects the lazy transmission. My neighbor and my tech recommended I do that before pursuing the "slipping" transmission approach with the dealership. Something is just not right...

Oh and i upgraded the motor on my new lawn mower. Let me tell you how efficiently it mulches now with all that power

Old 05-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,682 Likes on 3,500 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Oh and i upgraded the motor on my new lawn mower. Let me tell you how efficiently it mulches now with all that power

That mower looks sick. What are you dropped on?
Old 05-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,682 Likes on 3,500 Posts
It's only 1:30 or whatever, and I've already had like five piņa coladas on the beach. LOL
Old 05-24-2014, 02:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
It's only 1:30 or whatever, and I've already had like five piņa coladas on the beach. LOL
Hey John, forgot to ask where you were headed, sounds like you're having a much better time than me right now
Oh, and I believe that mower is dropped on Craftsman Unicoils, they just came out, I saw them at last years SEMA and they were unbelievable.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread