G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 05:28 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Need help guys. Went to the dealership today because of heavy vibration under hard braking. Found (as I knew they would) that I have warped rotors up front. So..... Like any mod bug bitten G owner I decided to inquire on Sport brakes for my non sport sedan. They said absolutely not. Will not sell me them let alone install them! I need help. I want to buy the Akebono BBK for my car but cannot find any place that sells them. Operative word is *NEW*
Old 05-20-2014, 05:40 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Need help guys. Went to the dealership today because of heavy vibration under hard braking. Found (as I knew they would) that I have warped rotors up front. So..... Like any mod bug bitten G owner I decided to inquire on Sport brakes for my non sport sedan. They said absolutely not. Will not sell me them let alone install them! I need help. I want to buy the Akebono BBK for my car but cannot find any place that sells them. Operative word is *NEW*
Someone hasn't done their research yet then LOL.

Tunerz Store
Z1 Motorsports
ConceptZ Performance
TheNismoShop

And I can't forget all the vendors on the website that offer the BBK packages. Go check the vendor marketplace, sir.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:45 PM
PERMAT

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: post #2716

I bought mine from TunerzStore. They were shipped from a dealer, but i don't have the packing slips anymore. I'll try looking in my inbox if I still have the UPS emails.<br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br /><br />
Best part about tunerz store is if you email them they can customize the package. I got mine with stoptech Ss lines, hawk hps pads, and centric blank rotors.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />
Edit: My calipers, hardware, and SS lines were sent from Sam Swope Infiniti<br /><br />
<br /><br />
Only issue for you now is to find a place that will install. If you must use one, try the next closest dealer?

Last edited by PERMAT; 05-20-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: found source of calipers and hardware
Old 05-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,682 Likes on 3,500 Posts
Wait, the dealership specifically told you the rotors were warped? Didn't that bother you a little bit; maybe give you pause to question their integrity somewhat?

Your rotors may be old, and grooved, and rusty around the hat and the edges, with a measurable amount of surface lost, and your pads may be toast... but your rotors are most certainly not warped.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:55 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Oh, F^ck.... Thanks. I'm a dipsh!t and a little out of it today. Thanks for the insight. Anybody know how difficult it is to install these? Do they neede or have wheel bearings in them? I don't know jack about our G sedan Brakes.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:57 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Rochester
Wait, the dealership specifically told you the rotors were warped? Didn't that bother you a little bit; maybe give you pause to question their integrity somewhat?

Your rotors may be old, and grooved, and rust around the edges with a measurable amount of surface lost, and your pads may be toast... but your rotors are most certainly not warped.
No, the fronts are 100% warped and the rears are not very good either. They just wanted to re-surface the rotors but I saw this as my opportunity to get some BBK.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Rochester
Administrator

No, the fronts are 100% warped and the rears are not very good either. They just wanted to re-surface the rotors but I saw this as my opportunity to get some BBK.
-Warped- Brake Disc and Other Myths
Old 05-20-2014, 06:01 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Thanks but I read that about a week or two ago when I first saw it posted elsewhere.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Thanks but I read that about a week or two ago when I first saw it posted elsewhere.
No, the fronts are 100% warped...
Old 05-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 513 Likes on 441 Posts
This x 1000

You had pad deposits. I cant believe the number of dealerships that diagnosis warped rotors
Old 05-20-2014, 07:19 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
Gottcha. Did you get to drive any of the other cars?
Unfortunately not. I do plan on taking the CTS-V Wagon for a little spin this coming weekend
Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Unfortunately not. I do plan on taking the CTS-V Wagon for a little spin this coming weekend

I'm sure you will enjoy that! Personally I'd like to try the 67 Chevelle ... brings back memories ... my first car, except it was blue.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:03 AM
original sin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The price difference between new rotors and a complete BBK is pretty significant...
Do you want the BBK because race car or for looks?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:18 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by original sin
The price difference between new rotors and a complete BBK is pretty significant...
Do you want the BBK because race car or for looks?
Nope, it's because I drive like an @Ashley sometimes.... And I have been trying to justify it for a while. LOL
Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Nice!

Any pictures yet?

Nick C.
The switchback color is VERY close but is off slightly. Still looks awesome at night though. The LED turn signals are definitley my favorite. The crisp on/off just looks rich. Next LED project will DEFINITELY be LED mirror caps

I'll need to break out the DSLR and shoot it with some altered shutter settings to really capture the lights but here's what iPhone 5S is capable of LOL. I will probably just get a video of the switch backs and ambers working - seems more appropriate to show it that way anyhow.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread