G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:52 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
[QUOTE=blnewt;3712241]That coolant tank looks awesome Z, along w/ the rest of your motor details. Where did you get that reservoir cap for your plastic tank?

That "looks" like the Zeetoyz polished rad cap on the plastic tank. I like mine a lot but despite what Rochester tries to tell you don't get the logos CNCd... Oh wait, nevermind I can't blame that on him.

BTW, that's a nice looking engine bay! Well done

Last edited by RexHavoc; 12-14-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:52 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Thanks Brad! I got all that from Zee Toy... Did I get the name right? LOL
Old 12-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Zeetoyz. Guy operates out of Hamilton, Ontario CAN.

I've got their dipstick loop cover in polished SS, and their washer bin cap in gloss black. Both without the laser etched logo. I'd post pics, but that's a pita on this iPad. Um... Let's see if I can figure this out...

Ok, that wasn't so hard after all.

http://www.zeetoyz.com

Last edited by Rochester; 12-14-2013 at 10:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (12-15-2013)
Old 12-14-2013, 11:47 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
6MT's are virtually impossible to get in the snow belt states. The only one I have ever seen here was a coupe. My dealer found me a good deal on a new black one that he could bring in from Arizona, but I didn't want black. Anyway, it took me 3 or 4 months to find an out of state 6MT in the condition and color I wanted (white or graphite shadow). Had a couple sold out from under me. In the end I got it from California.

The Colorado Infiniti dealers don't want anything to do with 6MT cars. BMW and Audi dealers here have a different attitude. You can get 328's, 335's, A4's and S4's with 6MT in Colorado.
Mik3G37S (12-15-2013)
Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by My'09G37X
I'm pretty sure we bought the same ones from the same seller on eBay. I just got mine in about 20 minutes ago and it is OEM. Mine has no problems with it and looks to be 100% brand new, and for only $200?

I should be installing it tomorrow. Heres the install pdf if you need it.

https://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/as.../T/L/1TL25.PDF
That's good to know. When I bought it the seller had 2 available at $200. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. I'll probably try and install it some night this week if I can convince the wifey.

Post up some pics
Old 12-15-2013, 10:31 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Okay. So I went out and ordered HFC's from Kinetix and they should be in by the end of the week. I looked up a thread on installing these parts and found that it looks like it's going to be a nightmare. Anybody out there DIY install these cats before? I'm looking for a few tips or pointers from people that may know a "trick" or two to make this as pain free a process as possible. Any tips are appreciated.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:37 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 750 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Okay. So I went out and ordered HFC's from Kinetix and they should be in by the end of the week. I looked up a thread on installing these parts and found that it looks like it's going to be a nightmare. Anybody out there DIY install these cats before? I'm looking for a few tips or pointers from people that may know a "trick" or two to make this as pain free a process as possible. Any tips are appreciated.
I did the install myself. There is no pain free way to do it. The best advice I can give is to liberally spray a rust penetrant (PB blaster) on the bolts the night or day before and let it soak in. Use an impact wrench if you have it, and get a long breaker bar if you don't. I used a 3 foot piece of galvanized steel pipe around my ratchet. Make sure you don't damage anything when trying to tear off the header to cat bolts. The higher off the ground the car is, the easier this will be.

If you're not up to it, it might be better to just pay a shop to do it.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:39 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 750 Likes on 356 Posts
You *will* need to remove the steering knuckle to get at the drivers side header to cat bolts. Make sure you mark the knuckle alignment very clearly with a sharpie before unbolting and removing it. Line it back up when reinstalling.
blnewt (12-15-2013)
Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Thx for the thread.... I took a look down through the engine compartment and saw the steering shaft but couldn't see where it connected to. I guess I'll see it though once the intakes come off. I have an IR compressor and an impact gun. I went out and bought a 24" and an 8" 1/2" extensions today along with a swivel socket. I'm kinda mentally amping myself up for this. I'm new to these cars but I want to DIY it. I have a small question though. Where are the lifting / jack points on these cars? Every time I go to jack the car up for an oil change I get 2 wheels off the ground I'm hoping my neighbors car ramps will fit under my car so I can just drive the front up into the air. I don't know if I'll be able to take pic's while doing this. A smart phone and car grime don't work well together. I will write up a nice little review once its done though.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Thx for the thread.... I took a look down through the engine compartment and saw the steering shaft but couldn't see where it connected to. I guess I'll see it though once the intakes come off. I have an IR compressor and an impact gun. I went out and bought a 24" and an 8" 1/2" extensions today along with a swivel socket. I'm kinda mentally amping myself up for this. I'm new to these cars but I want to DIY it. I have a small question though. Where are the lifting / jack points on these cars? Every time I go to jack the car up for an oil change I get 2 wheels off the ground I'm hoping my neighbors car ramps will fit under my car so I can just drive the front up into the air. I don't know if I'll be able to take pic's while doing this. A smart phone and car grime don't work well together. I will write up a nice little review once its done though.
The jack points in this post~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/2901242-post5.html
Good luck w/ the "hell bolts", I'm rootin' for ya
Be sure to wear good mechanic gloves for this one.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Yeah good luck with the demon bolts... be careful when you are messing with header to cat bolts not to hit or damage the upstream A/F (o2) sensor which I probably have done when I did my cats due to the passenger side top left demon bolt being a PITA then afterall I had to go through 3 upstream A/F (o2) sensors from different sources made by denso supposedly for our cars which is also the OEM manufacturer of these on our cars until the 4th one which I got a part number for from a dealership and ordered it online so pretty much what I saved on the almost new cats (less than 100 miles) I had to shell out another $200 for the sensor so it came out to the regular price of berk HFCs from a vendor... just be careful and I recommend to do it on a day off like saturday and start early in the morning so you have plenty of time
Old 12-16-2013, 12:06 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Yeah good luck with the demon bolts... be careful when you are messing with header to cat bolts not to hit or damage the upstream A/F (o2) sensor which I probably have done when I did my cats due to the passenger side top left demon bolt being a PITA then afterall I had to go through 3 upstream A/F (o2) sensors from different sources made by denso supposedly for our cars which is also the OEM manufacturer of these on our cars until the 4th one which I got a part number for from a dealership and ordered it online so pretty much what I saved on the almost new cats (less than 100 miles) I had to shell out another $200 for the sensor so it came out to the regular price of berk HFCs from a vendor... just be careful and I recommend to do it on a day off like saturday and start early in the morning so you have plenty of time
I plan on making it an all day venture. I saw the O2 sensors on the manifold and they both must have been purposely put in the way during the engineering of these cars. (they couldn't be more in the way) I finally found the steering knuckle and at least thats easy to get at. I have a silver touch up pen for my F150 that should mark the alignment of the knuckle well enough. Are the cat to header bolts studs, or do they thread into the cat? I saw two of the "bolts" on each side have nuts on them making me think they are studs.
Mik3G37S (12-16-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Mik3G37S

I plan on making it an all day venture. I saw the O2 sensors on the manifold and they both must have been purposely put in the way during the engineering of these cars. (they couldn't be more in the way) I finally found the steering knuckle and at least thats easy to get at. I have a silver touch up pen for my F150 that should mark the alignment of the knuckle well enough. Are the cat to header bolts studs, or do they thread into the cat? I saw two of the "bolts" on each side have nuts on them making me think they are studs.
Oh I cant remember which ones are which maybe someone else can input some info regarding this
Old 12-16-2013, 12:12 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by blnewt
The jack points in this post~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/2901242-post5.html
Good luck w/ the "hell bolts", I'm rootin' for ya
Be sure to wear good mechanic gloves for this one.
Thx Bro. I'll be sure to give everyone a play by play, blow by blow description of the action. Hopefully all will go well but I do believe Mr. Murphy will pop up. I'll just be particularly careful around the O2 sensors.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Mik3G37S

Thx Bro. I'll be sure to give everyone a play by play, blow by blow description of the action. Hopefully all will go well but I do believe Mr. Murphy will pop up. I'll just be particularly careful around the O2 sensors.
Yeah be careful and take your time and be patient..
riba89 (01-12-2015)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread