G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
Chris, or anyone who has Oneightys Ironmans installed, I have a couple of questions about them.

How does the process work? Do you send your head lights to them or do you buy a set they have and then you can sell them your old ones back?

Can you order them without the housing blacked out? I'd prefer them to look stock, or maybe slightly smoked out.

For those that ordered them and didn't have Oneighty install them how was the install process?

How do the LEDs work with the light cluster?
Off -> all lights off
Auto -> LEDs on
Parking lights -> Parking lights and LEDs
On -> all lights on

I'm back and forth on whether I want to save up for a pair or not. If I decide to get them these are the two I'm trying to decide on.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneigh...57635362605075

I've had numerous conversations with Alex from ONEighty and here's what I've gathered. I think I can answer most of your questions and maybe Chris can chime in with the rest.

Your options for getting the headlights to them are:
  1. Drive up to ONEighty with your G and have them do the work
  2. Pull your headlights and mail them in (leaving your car useless at night)
  3. Buy an extra pair of headlights and mail those (leaving your car driveable)

They get the work done fairly fast - he told me a two day turnaround time for painting, lenses and LEDs. Since you only want LEDs, I'm sure they could get this done in a day.

You can opt to leave the housings chrome painted which like you said would leave you with a much cleaner look. I think the chrome paint would look AWESOME on your black G, for sure.

As for wiring, you could do it like Chris has his setup - just a standard switch that has 12v constant power, or maybe wire it to a 12v ignition source, and you can turn them on and off as you wish.

Alex @ ONEighty stated they could pull the parking light wire from the switch back and wire that to a relay they install for the DRL.

Personally, I would want them to turn on with the car and always stay on - like a DRL should (a cool DRL, that is).

As for the few options you posted, I think I like the evil ironman the best. IMO - halos belong on a BMW, plain and simple. It just looks a bit too forced for me. The other option for LEDs just around the projector shroud would be a runner up but the evil ironman is my personal favorite, by far.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
If I was doing it again I would probably go with the panamara shrouds. I'm actually considering getting a new set but that won't be for awhile if I do. And, if I do, I'll be looking for that swoosh in purple UV I think. My iron mans are always on, the switch is for the demon eye. I drove to NY and dropped the car off though.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,682 Likes on 3,500 Posts
Clipped a cement curb pulling into a parking spot at lunch today. Gouged the **** out of my front bumper, right at the corner near the bottom.

(sigh)

Been a long time since I did anything like that. Funny thing is, I'm not all freaked out and upset about it. Feel kind of ambivalent, which is really odd for me.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:35 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 750 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Clipped a cement curb pulling into a parking spot at lunch today. Gouged the **** out of my front bumper, right at the corner near the bottom. (sigh) Been a long time since I did anything like that. Funny thing is, I'm not all freaked out and upset about it. Feel kind of ambivalent, which is really odd for me.
Are the vossens okay?
Old 05-15-2014, 01:37 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Clipped a cement curb pulling into a parking spot at lunch today. Gouged the **** out of my front bumper, right at the corner near the bottom.

(sigh)

Been a long time since I did anything like that. Funny thing is, I'm not all freaked out and upset about it. Feel kind of ambivalent, which is really odd for me.
You know you did it on purpose. Now you can tell your wife that you'll cover it up with the front lip as it is much cheaper than getting the front bumper repaired.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:38 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

(sigh)

Same damn thing happened to me and I"m glad it happened, haha. It was the reason that got me into a sport bumper
Old 05-15-2014, 01:43 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Spotted this guy today. I'm pretty sure this is Falcons1 from the forums here... Car looks good - not sure how I feel about the color-matched wheel spokes

Old 05-15-2014, 01:44 PM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yea, I agree the red in the rims is a bit much IMO but the stance and car is mint.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by AUR11
You know you did it on purpose. Now you can tell your wife that you'll cover it up with the front lip as it is much cheaper than getting the front bumper repaired.
Actually, one of my first thoughts after I realized how bad it was, is to buy the Stillen roof-wing spoiler. Since Moonlight White is an expensive paint, might as well double-up on the reason to mix it.

I swear I feel more embarrassed than upset.

On another note... finally (!!!) getting my drivers side tie-rod replaced tomorrow. My mechanic got way-y-y backed up. After the tie-rod, then I can get the car aligned, and see where I'm at with these Swift Springs.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-15-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:03 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Has anyone cleaned their MAF sensor yet? My dealership recommended an "Induction service" which is pure nonsense - just another reason to try to get $100 out of my pocket. I planned on getting a can of MAF cleaner and throttle body cleaner and taking care of those guys thoroughly. I'll probably reset the computer as well and see if that does anything as well.

I read some of you guys getting trans & diff fluid replaced... Is this something that could be recommended for a 7AT or is it more for manuals? My trans is all over the place while shifting and I'm wondering if it's time to just swap in fresh fluids...

Thoughts, everyone?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:24 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I'm thinking hard on the sport bumper with the carbon signals lip..... I dream big. ROCHESTER, sorry to hear about the gouge. You're handling it better than I could. I'd flip out and flog myself. LOL can't wait to see the "fix" that I'm sure is coming.

On a side note, my vacation to N.C. is coming to an end tomorrow. I have to say that I've decided 20 years in advance that I will retire to NC. It is incredibly beautiful up in the mountains. The funny thing is that I realize my dropped sedan wouldn't work here. I'd be scrapping on each turn or drive. LOL
Old 05-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by warped ideas
can't wait to see the "fix" that I'm sure is coming.
Not to disappoint you, but the "fix" might just be some 2000 grit sandpaper and a rattle-can of metallic white. It's the very bottom of the very side/corner of the bumper, so I keep telling myself it's no big deal. If I cover it up with close-enough paint, no one will ever notice.

(except me)

I should probably take a picture, just because misery is best shared.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:40 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Not to disappoint you, but the "fix" might just be some 2000 grit sandpaper and a rattle-can of metallic white. It's the very bottom of the very side/corner of the bumper, so I keep telling myself it's no big deal. If I cover it up with close-enough paint, no one will ever notice.

(except me)

I should probably take a picture, just because misery is best shared.
When you said "gouge" I was thinking a hole or piece of plastic missing. If a little touch up sanding / paint in an inconspicuous spot is all that is needed, then you're golden. I would use this as an excuse for the mods aforementioned. LOL pics of the fix brother!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Here, this is what I did. Not exactly my proudest moment.

I did something similar about 6 years ago, pulling my lawn mower out of the garage and scraping the heck out of the front bumper on my other car. Lesson learned there: my ancient, little garage is for cars, not lawn mowers.

Lesson learned here: never turn right into a parking spot that has a curb on the left. (And vise versa.)

Old 05-16-2014, 12:35 PM
RPG11

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141258785585?lpid=82 there you go is just a battle scar.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread