G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Found out what the wife was wanting me to pack a wetsuit for, vacationing in N.C. Whitewater Rafting Wednesday....... Horse back riding on Tuesday, and 30+ ziplines off of cliffs and through valleys today. I have to say; You all from the Blue Ridge Mountains in N.C. are spoiled. The atmosphere and the geography are about the closest place to heaven I would say.
It's pretty beautiful out there. Sounds like you have a lot of activities planned!

Our goal when we go out there is to not see another person for the duration of our stay
Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
It's pretty beautiful out there. Sounds like you have a lot of activities planned!

Our goal when we go out there is to not see another person for the duration of our stay
My wife set up all these activities as a surprise. If solitude is the goal, then renting this cabin for a week is your best bet..... I'm actually entertaining the idea of buying one of these beautiful properties as a vacation home. It's THAT beautiful here..... The cabin is in Banner Elk.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:52 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Bottomed out this weekend and now I have a noise intermittently happening and it's driving me nuts . Took a look under the car and can see where I hit and it didn't look too bad. One thing I noticed when looking under the car is a hissing noise while the car was running so I don't know if that's been there the whole time or because of the mountain I ran over.......
Old 05-12-2014, 12:55 PM
AlphaPie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scheduled my window tint, have to wait 7 whole days! But the guy comes to be and does it on site. 25% on the 4 doors and 5% in the back window.

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Bottomed out this weekend and now I have a noise intermittently happening and it's driving me nuts . Took a look under the car and can see where I hit and it didn't look too bad. One thing I noticed when looking under the car is a hissing noise while the car was running so I don't know if that's been there the whole time or because of the mountain I ran over.......
That sucks, one reason I'm hesitant to drop mine. Are you lowered or stock height?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:23 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Sucks...hissing sound is more than likely an exhaust leak.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:02 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AlphaPie

That sucks, one reason I'm hesitant to drop mine. Are you lowered or stock height?
Lowered on swifts.

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Sucks...hissing sound is more than likely an exhaust leak.
Great. The good news is I ordered an exhaust last week. The bad news is its a fast intentions catback and won't get here for 2-3 months. FK.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
You bang your head on the wall a lot. Just saying... maybe you ought to lease a BMW and call it a day.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:10 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
You bang your head on the wall a lot. Just saying... maybe you ought to lease a BMW and call it a day.
As opposed to you who would rub one out in the bathroom if this happened?
Old 05-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AlphaPie
Scheduled my window tint, have to wait 7 whole days! But the guy comes to be and does it on site. 25% on the 4 doors and 5% in the back window.
I generally stop on the way home from the dealer to get tinted.

Am I the only one who gets their moonroof tinted??

Imagine how often he would bang his head on the wall if he had a BMW
Old 05-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

As opposed to you who would rub one out in the bathroom if this happened?
It wasn't a comparison, just an observation that you sometimes come across more unhappy than otherwise. If that in of itself makes you even more upset, it kind of demonstrates my point.

Relax, buddy. It's was an innocent observation, and a reasonable comment. Seriously, I've often thought if modding my DD became more of a hassle than a joy, then I would lease a BMW and focus my energies elsewhere. Like my lawn, or my kids. Well, probably not my lawn.

Imagine how often he would bang his head on the wall if he had a BMW
As a Lease, with time on your hands to drop it off for repeated service... but only as a Lease.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-12-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

As a Lease, with time on your hands to drop it off for repeated service... but only as a Lease.
emphasis on "with time on your hands". In my experience BWM takes the position of we're fixing it for free and you have a courtesy car" so no rush.

It's not bad when the pull the window sticker of a $52,000 335i for you to drive for a week. It sucks when you end up in a base X5.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:54 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

It wasn't a comparison, just an observation that you sometimes come across more unhappy than otherwise. If that in of itself makes you even more upset, it kind of demonstrates my point.
Your internet radar is off but that can be hard to gauge so her is a picture of jenekee who is also tough to gauge.

Name:  jennekee.gif
Views: 75
Size:  13.14 MB

Relax, buddy. It's was an innocent observation, and a reasonable comment. Seriously, I've often thought if modding my DD became more of a hassle than a joy, then I would lease a BMW and focus my energies elsewhere. Like my lawn, or my kids. Well, probably not my lawn.
Not really new to the modding game chief as I've been doing this for over 15 years and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. As with all things when you tinker with something there is a chance it will break and that goes without saying when modding cars. It's actually a love/hate relationship at times but that's why we can't get enough. I think you got my persona confused but there is still more time to get to know me. Carry on.

Name:  nod-of-approval.gif
Views: 40
Size:  1.93 MB
Attached Images
File Type: gif
jennekee.gif (13.14 MB, 61 views)
File Type: gif
nod-of-approval.gif (1.93 MB, 19 views)
Old 05-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

I installed gloss black vinyl on the horizontal chrome window trim last night. Came out pretty good

I'll tackle the upper strips tonight.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I think you got my persona confused but there is still more time to get to know me. Carry on.
Fair enough. I'm also not going anywhere anytime soon, so plenty of time to see where your online persona goes.

and

I turned Five-O this year, so I've been round the block a few times, too.

Just a chat thread, after all.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I installed gloss black vinyl on the horizontal chrome window trim last night. Came out pretty good

I'll tackle the upper strips tonight.
The beltline trim is way easier than the upper section. No one will fault you if you stop there.

Pics, Lego. Pics.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread