G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:00 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I'm starting to think I'm not loud enough...
Believe me. They sound totally different from outside of the car. I drove through the parking garage with the windows down and tunes off at Miami International last week. I had a huge grin while manually shifting. I know any car enthusiast in that garage was looking for what was making that clean sound.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 PM
PERMAT

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just need to get brake fluid. I've seen a few threads on brakes and fluid, you guys run OEM or something different?

I switched to Motul 5.1 for my Akebono upgrade. It was recommended to me by Project X Customs (A Chicago Z performance shop) over rbf600 since it has a high boiling point and does not absorb water like rbf600
Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Believe me. They sound totally different from outside of the car. I drove through the parking garage with the windows down and tunes off at Miami International last week. I had a huge grin while manually shifting. I know any car enthusiast in that garage was looking for what was making that clean sound.
exactly... I had the same feeling as Rex at first in the beginning but like you have stated it sounds totally different outside the car and have done just the same as you, any parking garage, or a tunnel, I roll the windows down and all you could see is a big grin on my face that's exactly what I wanted, I didn't want the exhaust to be obnoxiously loud inside the car but fairly noticeable outside the car and I'm sure Rex that yours is just as loud or even louder ( Heard Choman's so I know )
Old 04-16-2014, 10:01 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I think I'm about as loud as I want to be. Any louder and it might be a little obnoxious in the car but the radio turns up so it's okay. I'm thinking I might be just a tad louder than Choman but I'm not certain. You'll have to let me know what you think of the changes Mike.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:08 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Looks like I'll be shelling out a couple of hundred on a new fog light housing since a rock shattered the lense and the bulb to the point that the entire housing needs to be replaced. Needless to day I'm not to happy but it is what it is.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
I think I'm about as loud as I want to be. Any louder and it might be a little obnoxious in the car but the radio turns up so it's okay. I'm thinking I might be just a tad louder than Choman but I'm not certain. You'll have to let me know what you think of the changes Mike.
You have the same exhaust, right? RHFC and FI Catback. No, wait... you got the 12" resonator.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Looks like I'll be shelling out a couple of hundred on a new fog light housing since a rock shattered the lense and the bulb to the point that the entire housing needs to be replaced. Needless to day I'm not to happy but it is what it is.
Coming to the meet with a black eye, eh?
Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Originally Posted by Rochester
Coming to the meet with a black eye, eh?
Nope. I immediately called the dealer after I noticed it and will have I replaced by the end of the day tomorrow.

I figured it was the landscaper mowing the lawn in my apartment complex because I also have a few new rock chips in my drivers door which was facing the grass which was recently mowed.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
You have the same exhaust, right? RHFC and FI Catback. No, wait... you got the 12" resonator.
I did go,with the 12" resonator. I think it's a slight difference but I don't know for certain yet. I meant to order a GoPro today but I forgot...

Nope. I immediately called the dealer after I noticed it and will have I replaced by the end of the day tomorrow.

I figured it was the landscaper mowing the lawn in my apartment complex because I also have a few new rock chips in my drivers door which was facing the grass which was recently mowed.
That sucks, anything the complex might be able to do?
Old 04-16-2014, 10:35 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Dude, that blows. An ex-coworker of mine had his right rear tail light taken out by a lawn guy with a zero turn. It threw a rock hard enough to not just crack the lense cover but actually putthe rock in the housing itself. He was furious!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:50 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

That sucks, anything the complex might be able to do?
I plan on talking to the leasing manager tomorrow. I found 3 pretty decent sized rock chips in the paint, so we will see what happens.

Dude, that blows. An ex-coworker of mine had his right rear tail light taken out by a lawn guy with a zero turn. It threw a rock hard enough to not just crack the lense cover but actually putthe rock in the housing itself. He was furious!
Yeah I have been extremely frustrated lately with the condition of the paint on my car. I probably could go off the deep end, but in reality it wont do any good.

I wish I could have my car completely repainted, but I don't think its worth the expense.

Maybe I just care too much

Last edited by '11G37S; 04-17-2014 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:23 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I've been eye banging a new front bumper and that sexy little OEM front lip. My wife's saying I'm sick.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:31 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I plan on talking to the leasing manager tomorrow. I found 3 pretty decent sized rock chips in the paint, so we will see what happens.

Yeah I have been extremely frustrated lately with the condition of the paint on my car. I probably could go off the deep end, but in reality it wont do any good.

I wish I could have my car completely repainted, but I don't think its worth the expense.

Maybe I just care too much
I totally get it. I love the car but the paint... I see the temptation in wrapping sometimes. We'll see, I not certain I want to spend the money to have it painted but I'm also not certain I'll be happy with the paint long term.

I've been eye banging a new front bumper and that sexy little OEM front lip. My wife's saying I'm sick.
Yeah... I'm eye banging a couple bumpers and skirts myself. I'm trying to avoid it but the temptation if a body kit... Significant
Old 04-17-2014, 07:37 AM
Rochester
Administrator

IDK what you guys are going on about paint. On my last car, my front bumper was littered with paint chips, so I vowed that on this car I would keep a much greater distance between me and the cars ahead of me on the highway. And I have. So 18K miles into ownership, and the bumper is fine. Two or three little chips low on the bumper, maybe.

The rest of the car is totally fine. My garage may suck, but it is a garage.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
I just need to get brake fluid. I've seen a few threads on brakes and fluid, you guys run OEM or something different?
Castrol SRF if you're a high roller.

I think Motul RBF 600 is a good value, but I also never go more than 24 months without bleeding the brakes.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread