Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Closer, getting closer.
To what? The meet-up? You're like a girl with a prom dress, I swear...

In other news, after today's truly brutal 21*F weather, the forecast for the next 10 days is for temps in the 40's and 50's, including tomorrow, where it's expected to be in the mid 40's by mid-day. Winter is officially over (in my mind). So... tomorrow is The Day. I'm putting the Vossens on the car tomorrow.

Should be fun. I haven't swapped wheels in my garage in about three years. Fortunately, any monkey with a torque wrench and a hydraulic jack can swap wheels. And I'm just the right middle-aged monkey to do it.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-26-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

It's official, the bushing is bad. Parts won't be in until next Thursday and it's a three day repair . Picked up the sport pedals, gotta figure out how to get the brake pedal on over the top. And they're going to replace the cup holder lid with the "chrome trim" version while I have it in there. Ray's and tires go on tomorrow and it sounds like the calipers and engine bay parts will be heading back to me this weekend or early next week. Closer, getting closer.
I can't keep up with your mods... haha

Originally Posted by Rochester
In other news, after today's truly brutal 21*F weather, the forecast for the next 10 days is for temps in the 40's and 50's, including tomorrow, where it's expected to be in the mid 40's by mid-day. Winter is officially over (in my mind). So... tomorrow is The Day. I'm putting the Vossens on the car tomorrow.

Should be fun. I haven't swapped wheels in my garage in about three years. Fortunately, any monkey with a torque wrench and a hydraulic jack can swap wheels. And I'm just the right middle-aged monkey to do it.
I look forward to seeing them on your car. I was on the fence whether I liked the design of the wheels (not that it matters since its your car) but I definitely look forward to seeing them in person.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:30 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts

Can't wait to see the new shoes on the car, Man. Enjoy the new look!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:58 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Hmm. $1000 for a NISMO 370Z suspension and up to 1/2" drop? Granted, the 370Z is approx 430 pounds lighter than my car...

This could be a simple and less expensive alternative to coilovers in a future suspension mod.

Nismo JDM Factory Strut and Spring Kit E3110-1EA00US - Nissan 370Z Z34
That's pretty good, I wonder if you could find it at another nissan online parts place that sometimes has those 20% off deals

A lot of exciting mods coming down the pipe w/ you guys, look forward to all the details & pics of your big meet, gotta live vicariously through you guys during this, would be so fun to be there, jelly belly

Last edited by blnewt; 03-26-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:41 PM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
^ 843.00 here.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-...ath=8714_9095&
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (03-27-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts

But dammit, I look pretty in the dress! I've been trying to get this paint work done since December so it will be good to close the loop on that at least.

That's great news John, looking forward to seeing the photos of it all coming together. Enjoy that first moment go putting them on and some reflection, make sure you have that smile!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Hmm. $1000 for a NISMO 370Z suspension and up to 1/2" drop? Granted, the 370Z is approx 430 pounds lighter than my car...

This could be a simple and less expensive alternative to coilovers in a future suspension mod.

Nismo JDM Factory Strut and Spring Kit E3110-1EA00US - Nissan 370Z Z34
Nice find!

If I'm going to keep this car for more than 3-4 years I'll want to replace the shocks at least. Something like this or Koni shocks are the leading candidates.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Nice find!

If I'm going to keep this car for more than 3-4 years I'll want to replace the shocks at least. Something like this or Koni shocks are the leading candidates.
It was our intrepid moderator who found that info. So thanks to Newt. And I'm of the same mind, where the suspension upgrade is one of the last things done to this car. I already have the Sport suspension, and that coupled with aftermarket sways and PSS is pretty fantastic as is. So NISMO 370Z springs & struts (or coilovers) goes on my list for 2018.

2018... LOL@myself on that one.

BTW, I was out driving last night, and the changes from the RHFC are still very much noticeable. Whatever the New Normal is with these cats, it's going to be a while before that settles in, because I'm still keenly aware of the difference. Which is cool.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-27-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Those babies will get deeper and louder for a few thousand miles. My cats just sound great after 4K mi.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by warped ideas
Those babies will get deeper and louder for a few thousand miles. My cats just sound great after 4K mi.
No, I was referring to the changes to power delivery in different gears and under full load. I'm really appreciating the cats as a power mod. But because these are the resonated cats, and matched to the OEM catback, any changes to exhaust tone are almost non-existent. They're there, but just barely. However, GTK that might change, but I'm not expecting it to.

The added power, though, that's nice. Liking that more and more.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-27-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:28 AM
samuel1021
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
Expecting pictures of the Vossens mounted no later than noon, Rochester.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:42 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

This just clicked, apparently I was really tired earlier... I am looking forward to the meet but I'm getting closer to getting the car largely where I envisioned it (in my head) when I started down this path. Hopefully I'm getting it right.

Now, where are the Vossen pics???
Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Now, where are the Vossen pics???
I've got work to do (because job), and errands to run with the wife... but before the day is out, certainly. I'm so sick of putting this off because of winter.

Truth be told, I'm more jazzed up about getting these snows off the car and having 4 brand new PSS to drive on, than I am seeing the rims.

Well... 50:50, maybe.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:00 AM
stiizy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think i'll hold on to the car for a bit, only giving it 4 months isn't fair. Plus i ordered some wheels for it and a friend of mine is trying to get me a good deal on an Accuair setup.
Wheels are 6-8 week wait so i'll be rolling my stock 18's for the meet lol.
Would love to get some spacers for it but eh whatever...

Rochester I wanna see those Vossen's too, that's probably my fave Vossen wheel...
Old 03-27-2014, 09:08 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I've got work to do (because job), and errands to run with the wife... but before the day is out, certainly. I'm so sick of putting this off because of winter.

Truth be told, I'm more jazzed up about getting these snows off the car and having 4 brand new PSS to drive on, than I am seeing the rims.

Well... 50:50, maybe.
50:50 sounds about right
This winter has been a bit nuts for certain. I thought by now I would have been able to get summer tires on but the weather here hasn't really cooperated either. No snow but low temps. Looks like one more under 40 morning and that should be it. I hope.

Originally Posted by stiizy
I think i'll hold on to the car for a bit, only giving it 4 months isn't fair. Plus i ordered some wheels for it and a friend of mine is trying to get me a good deal on an Accuair setup.
Wheels are 6-8 week wait so i'll be rolling my stock 18's for the meet lol.
Would love to get some spacers for it but eh whatever...
If you're on FB you could reach out for Adam Race Consulting, his prices seemed pretty good. My 18s are coming off today as are the spacers (assuming all the calculations wee correct) as long as I have clearance I don't think I'll be running them again. Mind you, I've been wrong before...

I dunno, I loved the car immediately. Some nuanced items that "would be nice if different" but overall it works for me. I drove a Q50 yesterday and will probably be in one for three or four days in the next couple weeks. Was a nice car in some areas but not at all in others. At least IMO but I know there's other threads for that convo

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread