Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:19 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Lookin sweet! Always exciting when the car is up haha
Is that a duckbill spoiler? Details~!!
Well, kinda. The only spoiler I found I liked was a Carbon Signal so when Alex over at ONEighty was selling his duckbill trunk I worked with him to find it a new home.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:34 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
Here's a not so clean picture of my G with coupe 19's I had put on this weekend. Attachment 102778
Nice look Kirk, those Coupe 19s really do look at home on the sedans
Old 03-18-2014, 01:01 AM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Well, kinda. The only spoiler I found I liked was a Carbon Signal so when Alex over at ONEighty was selling his duckbill trunk I worked with him to find it a new home.
That was ridiculously expensive bro hahaha
Old 03-18-2014, 06:44 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
That was ridiculously expensive bro hahaha
Could be, depends on your perspective I suppose. I know what the CS was going to run plus shipping then the bodywork to get it molded in and painted. Either way, it makes me smile and that's worth the price to me.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:52 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Thanks, guys. There's a review in my Progress Thread.

In short, totally love the added grunt, but very disappointed in the lack of exhaust noise.
Give them a few weeks They burn in and the natural sound of the engine will come out..
Old 03-18-2014, 12:17 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Could be, depends on your perspective I suppose. I know what the CS was going to run plus shipping then the bodywork to get it molded in and painted. Either way, it makes me smile and that's worth the price to me.
Hmm...well when you put it that way =D
Now I am envious haha
Old 03-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Here's an evil admission. I love revving my car at the light, because 6MT, but what I really enjoy is letting it gently roll backwards and watching for the look of panic on the driver next to me.
Whatever has been going on here for the past 2 weeks, I can't really catch up even if I wanted to, haven't really had much time to visit the forums lately but this I definitely had to reply to !

I just love letting my 6MT slightly roll backwards and watching other drivers panic like the other day there was a bus driver right on my tail and I was stopped on an uphill at a redlight and as I let my foot of the brake it gently rolled backwards towards the bus and it was freaking close but not my fault the guy decided to be on my A$$. I bet he panicked at some point !

On the other hand I felt like I should finally say this but I have decided to slow down with my mods as I finally have come to realize the priorities ... that is paying off the car quicker so then I can totally focus on all the mods later on... at least for now... that being said, no coupe or any wheels for me anytime soon, no coilovers/ spring/shock setups anytime soon... no custom painted headlights, no Uprev tune , and so on and so on... sucks but oh well ... I'm definitely going to hate how Chris is constantly making progress modding his G with all bunch of stuff...so that being said I might not visit here as often as I have been, but definitely am looking forward to the April's meet, Chris you got my # so keep me posted, please as my inactivity here might reflect my knowledge regarding the meet

Also since I haven't been on here for quite a while here are couple pictures from Saturday, the 8th when aktif8 (Keith), Choman(Kevin) and I met up in Morristown,NJ and chatted for hours about our cars( mostly) and what not !

Both or all cars ( including mine ) sound great and I was amazed at how much work aktif8(Keith) has done to his car especially a lot of it all DIY's himself ! The CF steering wheel he recently put on is sick ! feels great and gives a great grip, although not something I would spend $1k on. Choman(Kevin)'s 6MT sedan on the other hand sounded great with the FI RHFCs and CBE
Old 03-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
The black sedan, that's Keith? He's coming in April, right?

I'd very much like to see a roof spoiler installed on our cars up close.

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I just love letting my 6MT slightly roll backwards and watching other drivers panic like the other day there was a bus driver right on my tail and I was stopped on an uphill at a redlight and as I let my foot of the brake it gently rolled backwards towards the bus and it was freaking close but not my fault the guy decided to be on my A$$. I bet he panicked at some point !
I meant to the cars *next* to me, not behind me. All that happens to them is they press harder on the brake, thinking they're rolling forward. I wouldn't do that with cars behind me, that's nuts, because what if you screw up? Truth is, I like playing with the clutch at a stop more so for the connection to the car than messing with other drivers. The occasional shocked look is just a bonus.

Here's another admission... just a few weeks after buying my G, I accidentally bumped a car behind me while my clutch was in and the car was so-o-o slowly inching backwards without my knowing it. I thought he had hit me, and got out of the car to talk to him just as he and his wife cut me off both saying I had rolled into them. They were honking and everything. It was a very awkward moment when I realized they were right.

Humbling, and embarrassing, but I'll never forget it. Fortunately, no damage except to my ego. Just a big lesson learned.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-19-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
The black sedan, that's Keith? He's coming in April, right?

I'd very much like to see a roof spoiler installed on our cars up close.

I meant to the cars *next* to me, not behind me. All that happens to them is they press harder on the brake, thinking they're rolling forward. I wouldn't do that with cars behind me, that's nuts, because what if you screw up? Truth is, I like playing with the clutch at a stop more so for the connection to the car than messing with other drivers. The occasional shocked look is just a bonus.

Here's another admission... just a few weeks after buying my G, I accidentally bumped a car behind me while my clutch was in and the car was so-o-o slowly inching backwards without my knowing it. I thought he had hit me, and got out of the car to talk to him just as he and his wife cut me off both saying I had rolled into them. They were honking and everything. It was a very awkward moment when I realized they were right.

Humbling, and embarrassing, but I'll never forget it. Fortunately, no damage except to my ego. Just a big lesson learned.
Yes the black G, that is Keith and he is coming as far as I know!

well I was saying in general cars next to me or behind me and I brought up this example that just happened to me the other day.... its not my fault you know, that the bus driver was literally on my rear end and I was stopped up a hill
Old 03-20-2014, 02:24 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Yes the black G, that is Keith and he is coming as far as I know!

well I was saying in general cars next to me or behind me and I brought up this example that just happened to me the other day.... its not my fault you know, that the bus driver was literally on my rear end and I was stopped up a hill
I'd like to take a look at Keith's car too. I'm loving those tail lights and am thinking.... But I want to take a look at the headliner too, I haven't started yet I'm really a slacker. Mike I'm slowing down. Sorta. Just got a grille that I would like try a "reverse midnight" scheme on when I get the roof spoiler painted. I'll keep you posted regarding the meet and if you haven't been around for the reason I think you haven't been around then good for you!

Have really been enjoying the exhaust, definitely happy I went with the 12 inch resonators. John, the FI with 12 inch resonators "might" give you the loud you want.

The only down side I can identify to the exhaust is the fact that I have the 7AT and the search factor becomes very pronounced. Ah well, it is what it is.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:27 PM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Someday's I want to get new rims like the Coupe S Rims but then other days I see shots like this with the Sedan S (mine is the same as the one all the way to the right) rims and I fall back in love with them. . . . . .

Anways, was wondering, whats the going price for used Sedan S rims w/ tires? How about the Coupe S rims w/ tires. . . .?
Old 03-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I've seen used sedan S rims go for about $900-$1100.

Coupe S rims go from $800-$1600. Then there are those who don't do any research for them and post $2000+

Mostly on forums.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Choman
I've seen used sedan S rims go for about $900-$1100.

Coupe S rims go from $800-$1600. Then there are those who don't do any research for them and post $2000+

Mostly on forums.
Yea, the debate continues in my head. My buddy wants to sell me his Coupe S Rims for $1,000 (starting price) I was trying to justify it with being able to sell my Sedan S rims after. . . .idk. . . . (1st world country problems? lol)
Old 03-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
That's what I've been seeing them for average about for the past 2-3 years. I think knock off $150 and you've got a deal. Selling sedan S rims...to me at least, is a whole another story.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:42 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
How much do you guys think my 2010 sedan OEM rims could go for? They are the 17" fugglys. LOL Like new condition wrapped with some BS tires that still have 85% rubber left.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread