G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 11:24 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I initially installed just the rear S sway but put the front one on about 6 weeks ago just so the set would match. There's slightly less body roll but not enough to recommend doing the RWD journey to S swap. I push the G pretty hard on off ramps and can't really push it any harder w/ the S pkg. I do think it would be worthwhile for the smaller rear X bar though, that one is quite diminutive
Thanks for the update! The sways made a huge difference for me, especially coming from the X sways. Today was the hardest I've pushed it in quite some time and I found myself over steering man is she responsive now.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Before the sways, I had all kinds of under steer. Traction control slaps you back if you start to oversteer, but doesn't do much to keep you from understeering. After the sways, it's a whole different ball game. Instead of fighting to regain control with the steering wheel, you just steer through things. Because racecar.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:03 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Luckily the because race car kicked in and I got it back where I wanted it quickly.
Got the blood pumping at least.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:12 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Rochester what made you jump on Eibachs as opposed to Hotchkis'?
I read the latter is the more popular choice
Old 03-11-2014, 03:21 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 750 Likes on 356 Posts
The Eibach fronts are 3 way adjustable, as are the rears. Hotchkis sways are only 2 way adjustable in the front.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:24 PM
pdpMIATA

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
The Eibach fronts are 3 way adjustable, as are the rears. Hotchkis sways are only 2 way adjustable in the front.
oh...thought it was the other way around
Old 03-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Rochester what made you jump on Eibachs as opposed to Hotchkis'?
I read the latter is the more popular choice
GFN is partially correct about the adjustment options. They are 2-way adjustable in the front, and 3-way adjustable in the rears... as opposed to no-way and 2-way respectively for Hotchkis. But that's not why I bought them. I was forum friends with a member last year who offered to sell them to me at a very reasonable price. They were only on his car for a couple of months, and he was trustworthy, so I took the opportunity (with my wife's blessing, of course.) At the time, I had just spent money on a GT-Spec FSTB, so the sway bar purchase was a little ahead of schedule.

My original plan was to buy Hotchkis sways last Summer.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-11-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
I'm almost positive the eibach front bar is only 2 position adjustable, as I am running the front on soft and the rear in the middle.

I doubt there are any significant differences in the different available sway bars.

I love my sway bars. Best mod I've done on my G.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:36 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I'm almost positive the eibach front bar is only 2 position adjustable, as I am running the front on soft and the rear in the middle.

I doubt there are any significant differences in the different available sway bars.

I love my sway bars. Best mod I've done on my G.
There are two versions, older model Eibach's are 2 way front, more recent years (I think 2012+ maybe) are 3 way fronts. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. Yeah, that seems likely. I'm getting Eibach's one way or another. They offer *more* adjustment. Period.

Last edited by GoFightNguyen; 03-11-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

There are two versions, older model Eibach's are 2 way front, more recent years (I think 2012+ maybe) are 3 way fronts.
Ah. Well then, I've got the older versions. GTK.

Side note, the Eibach sways are red. So if anyone actually is looking... well, they're red. And that's kind of cool, for no reason in particular.

Here's a picture of my sways. Notice the adjustment bolt holes.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-11-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:01 PM
pdpMIATA

^oooo me likey
Yeah im planning on doing quite a few mods once the weather truly starts to clear up, now i know whats coming first
Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
There are two versions, older model Eibach's are 2 way front, more recent years (I think 2012+ maybe) are 3 way fronts. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. Yeah, that seems likely. I'm getting Eibach's one way or another. They offer *more* adjustment. Period.
I think the stillen bars offer the most adjustments.

I got my eibachs last fall when I got new tires and the front was 2 hole.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Would be interesting to see how the new Stillen's hold up considering there were some reports that the older version of the Stillen sways had been snapping. Not sure what under conditions those bars were driven under.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 PM
maxgator
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's right, he did. I sold him mine, front and back.

What we (he) discovered is that the RWD Journey and RWD Sport have the same sway bars, and it's the AWD that has the lesser sways. At least, that's his impression and assumption based on measuring the two in thickness, eyeballing they side-by-side, and before/after driving experience.

All that said, if you're going to upgrade sways, upgrade them both, and upgrade them with any number of aftermarket manufacturers (Eibach, Stillen, Hotchkis, etc.)

Looking at it another way, I already have the Sport 6MT, and I upgraded my sways. Best mod for the price, hands down.
Rochester... You the same guy from maxima.org? Been on there a long time! I recently bought a 2012 s.

Having just test driven the s compared to new g, there is no doubt that the handling is stiffer. Unless there is some other suspension component like bushings or spring rate that could account for it, it sure seems like sway bars are different.

It was clear to both my wife and I, long time maxima se owners, that there was a difference between the two. Especially in turn in and dip in corners.

Oh, and does this forum have a mobile app? Because it is very difficult to post on mobile.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:48 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

He is indeed one and the same. He found the right place, eventually.

On the sport versions of the G37, it has stiffer sway bars, tighter steering ratios, and large sport brakes.

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your acquisition, post an intro (with pics) in the newbie section!

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread