Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Just hit 61!! Wooohooo~ such a gorgeous day for a ride
I went for one too. Got a little overly aggressive though

Sways are a good thing, such a handling difference
Old 03-08-2014, 06:17 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hmm...contemplating the sways...but I'd love to do a drop but my living conditions beg to differ....although there are plenty of tuners in my area with an array of suspension set ups on different cars that get around just fine.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Hmm...contemplating the sways...but I'd love to do a drop but my living conditions beg to differ....although there are plenty of tuners in my area with an array of suspension set ups on different cars that get around just fine.
Meh. Get swaybars and run circles around those pavement dragging posers.

Priorities, man.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:08 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
I have the coupe sport sway bar for my X waiting to get installed - do you guys recommend getting something for the front?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:30 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I went with a set of Hotchkis bars for my X. I believe that 'newt went with the rear bar from an S, he may be able to provide some feedback. I didn't realize a coupe bar would fit our cars.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I went with a set of Hotchkis bars for my X. I believe that 'newt went with the rear bar from an S, he may be able to provide some feedback. I didn't realize a coupe bar would fit our cars.
That's right, he did. I sold him mine, front and back.

What we (he) discovered is that the RWD Journey and RWD Sport have the same sway bars, and it's the AWD that has the lesser sways. At least, that's his impression and assumption based on measuring the two in thickness, eyeballing they side-by-side, and before/after driving experience.

All that said, if you're going to upgrade sways, upgrade them both, and upgrade them with any number of aftermarket manufacturers (Eibach, Stillen, Hotchkis, etc.)

Looking at it another way, I already have the Sport 6MT, and I upgraded my sways. Best mod for the price, hands down.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:47 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Looking at it another way, I already have the Sport 6MT, and I upgraded my sways. Best mod for the price, hands down.
Really? Im concerned about ride harshness. Any feedback?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:53 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's right, he did. I sold him mine, front and back.

What we (he) discovered is that the RWD Journey and RWD Sport have the same sway bars, and it's the AWD that has the lesser sways. At least, that's his impression and assumption based on measuring the two in thickness, eyeballing they side-by-side, and before/after driving experience.

All that said, if you're going to upgrade sways, upgrade them both, and upgrade them with any number of aftermarket manufacturers (Eibach, Stillen, Hotchkis, etc.)

I remember seeing you sold him yours but couldn't remember whether he put on front and rear, for some reason I thought just rear but I may be thinking of someone else with an X that only upgraded the rear?

The X sways are pretty tiny, I did a side-by-side eyeball as mine were being installed. The Hotchkis definitely have more to them.

I haven't noticed a significant increase in ride harshness or a decrease in ride comfort / quality. I am noticing that I would like seats that grab ahold of me a bit better though today was definitely more aggressive than I usually drive.natnthe same time, sways are the only real suspension mod I've done other than going up to 18s. My answer may change once I put the 19s on.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Andy1120i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I know this is about sedans but could I ask a question about my coupe because no ones has replied to my thread yet haha
Old 03-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Really? Im concerned about ride harshness. Any feedback?
Won't affect your ride at all. Trust me on this one.
The following users liked this post:
alfredo24pr (03-09-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 09:31 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy1120i
Hey I know this is about sedans but could I ask a question about my coupe because no ones has replied to my thread yet haha
You can ask, but doesn't mean we'll know the answer.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Andy1120i
If it's about a turbo or super charger installation you may want to provide some additional info. I have a base model X sedan with just over 30k miles. If I was so inclined I wouldn't hesitate to go that route. I would suggest adding sways and depending on what you're going to do with the car possibly brakes as well.

I dunno, I see the temptation and where it could be a lot of fun. For me it's my DD so not really something I want to do. That and for the cost of a SC or TT setup I could buy and build a show quality TT RX-7.

But, if that's what you wanna do I'm in for pics and to follow your build thread!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Sways are "that mod" for the G37. Transformation.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I remember seeing you sold him yours but couldn't remember whether he put on front and rear, for some reason I thought just rear but I may be thinking of someone else with an X that only upgraded the rear?

The X sways are pretty tiny, I did a side-by-side eyeball as mine were being installed. The Hotchkis definitely have more to them.

I haven't noticed a significant increase in ride harshness or a decrease in ride comfort / quality. I am noticing that I would like seats that grab ahold of me a bit better though today was definitely more aggressive than I usually drive.natnthe same time, sways are the only real suspension mod I've done other than going up to 18s. My answer may change once I put the 19s on.
I initially installed just the rear S sway but put the front one on about 6 weeks ago just so the set would match. There's slightly less body roll but not enough to recommend doing the RWD journey to S swap. I push the G pretty hard on off ramps and can't really push it any harder w/ the S pkg. I do think it would be worthwhile for the smaller rear X bar though, that one is quite diminutive
Old 03-08-2014, 11:06 PM
IEMaestro
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope it's ok that I post this here. If not, I apologize. I have a quick question concerning wheel figment. I have a 2011 RWD sport sedan and I'm dropped on H&R springs without camber arms. Will a 20x9 +20 fit in the front without any fender work? What size tires would you recommend? My other option would by 20x8.5 +35. I want it to be flush. I have searched on the forum for the last two days, but haven't found a definitive answer. TIA!

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread