Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Upstate NY?

Hope you guys pull it off tho!

(anyone go to the 'cars & coffee' near DC?)
If you're talking about the one in Great Falls, VA, yes I've been many times. Great people, great cars, but I don't like coffee, haha.

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Oh come on if connoisseurr could pull that 4h drive up here to central NJ from northern VA and then convoy our way up to Albany (2.5h) with couple cars then you could do it too!!!

@RexHavoc no problem Chris , You are welcome to come along
It's easily doable. I just wish all my parts were on so my G would look halfway decent in some pictures.

I know what You're saying... but the hard part is that we are well spread apart in different parts of north east... that being said John (from Rochester, NY ) -4h drive, kOrE (?? RI) -probably 4h, more or less too, connoisseurr (Northern VA) about 4h drive to NJ and then another 2.5h up there possibly with a caravan of couple guys (aktif8, choman, connoisseurr +couple guys from Brooklyn).

Would've been much easier if You hadn't moved to D.C STownSaint !
The drive really isn't that bad, but it all depends on what time and what day.

Originally Posted by STownSaint
Lol true, probably being a baby

Don't mean to sound rude, but why not make the destination a little bit more desirable? Somewhere that the means could justify the end? (just a thought, I understand location depends on those planning/attending)

(Would be nice to have someone teach me how to drive my own car, stalled it in traffic last week! )
There are many places to meet in PA, for sure. But I think it's setup on convenience of those who are already up in that area.

Hell I'll help you out learning to drive your G I love the 6MT. Also it's all about practicing and what not. I think I stalled out 10 times the first day I drove my first manual, (1993 RX7) and I intentionally practiced on a hill because that's the most difficult thing to do when you're just starting. Once you get that down, everything else is a breeze.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Actually at least for me (Linden, NJ) Ithaca is 4h away and Albany 2.5h but kOrE is from RI and he said Albany would be much better for him too so we all have to find a spot that sort of suits us all at some point. There was no mention regarding going all the way up to Rochester, besides John would get too comfy in that case haha
me reading skills no good haha

Albany sounds great to me as well. Im roughly 2.5hrs away based on google maps.
which means 2 hours
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
It's looking like Albany is the target region. We can work out specific location details later.

Let's consider general time frame, and start to box that in. I'm thinking between the end of April and the first few weeks in May. EOM May is not on the table for me; (family vacation plans).

When we get closer to specific details on location and date, we can start a thread in the Northeast Region Forum and see what other G owners want to participate, if any. Of course, that means Coupes... unless we'd rather not. IDK.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:18 PM
pdpMIATA

We could have our own little corner of the parking lot for us 6MT Sedans
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 02:53 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Actually at least for me (Linden, NJ) Ithaca is 4h away and Albany 2.5h but kOrE is from RI and he said Albany would be much better for him too so we all have to find a spot that sort of suits us all at some point. There was no mention regarding going all the way up to Rochester, besides John would get too comfy in that case haha
Gotta go to Rochester and get garbage plates!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^
He's referring to Nick Tahau's restaurant, which is in a terribly seedy part of the city, and is kind of a disgusting place. However, their hot sauce really is quite excellent.

GarbagePlate.com - Nick Tahou's Hots

If you want something much, much better, but still uniquely Rochester, go to the Dinosaur BBQ. Granted it started in Syracuse, but still... incredible ribs.

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Last edited by Rochester; 03-06-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:37 PM
pdpMIATA

Originally Posted by rexhavoc
gotta go to rochester and get garbage plates!!!
henrietta hots!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey guys - sorry been busy at work...thanks for the reference/credit Rochester.

A strictly sedan meetup would be pretty nice actually...IMO. I'd prefer a late April meet personally.

As for Rex and Conn, I'll get you guys lunch or dinner...depending upon logistics. My treat since you're coming in from a long distance.

Originally Posted by Rochester
^^^
He's referring to Nick Tahau's restaurant, which is in a terribly seedy part of the city, and is kind of a disgusting place. However, their hot sauce really is quite excellent.

GarbagePlate.com - Nick Tahou's Hots

If you want something much, much better, but still uniquely Rochester, go to the Dinosaur BBQ. Granted it started in Syracuse, but still... incredible ribs.

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
As for Dinsosaur BBQ, two thumbs up! They're also in NYC.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm trolling through Google maps... isn't Binghamton NY, or Williamsport PA, or Scranton PA more of a mid-point with consideration to Rochester, NYC and NJ? Even a little closer for Rex, if he's coming.

Somebody spend some time with the map with that in mind. Pin the locations of the people currently interested, and find a mid-point. Seems to me Albany is a little out of the way for everyone.

Originally Posted by Choman
A strictly sedan meetup would be pretty nice actually...IMO. I'd prefer a late April meet personally.
That's fine by me, too. Sedan-only meetup in late April.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-06-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Dunder Mifflin parking lot, WHOOOOOO haha.

Late April or Early May would be prime time sublime actually. I'll play drone on my workstation at home later and find a few suggestions for a location.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
I'm trolling through Google maps... isn't Binghamton NY, or Williamsport PA, or Scranton PA more of a mid-point with consideration to Rochester, NYC and NJ? Even a little closer for Rex, if he's coming.

Somebody spend some time with the map with that in mind. Pin the locations of the people currently interested, and find a mid-point. Seems to me Albany is a little out of the way for everyone.

Well I need everyones location so I can spend some time finding a mid point so help me out here... and also I like the idea of a sedan-only meet up !
Old 03-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Well I need everyones location so I can spend some time finding a mid point so help me out here... and also I like the idea of a sedan-only meet up !
Thanks, Mike. PM for names and addresses, I suppose. Then post up when you get things organized.

Udaman

'11G37S - ? - ??
aktif8 - Keith - Morristown, NJ
Choman - Kevin - Fort Lee, NJ
connoisseurr - Connor - Ashburn, VA
doublea88 - ? - Brooklyn, NY
Mik3G37S - Mike - Linden, NJ
pdpMIATA - ? - NYC, NY
RexHavoc - ? - TN
Rochester - John - Rochester, NY

Last edited by Rochester; 03-06-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

Either way definitely looking forward to meet another sedan owner pretty much same age as me ! Haha
We may have to sit at the kids table unless we get invited to sit at the adults table.

The last week of April or any time May works for me. And sedan only would be pretty cool!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks, Mike. PM for names and addresses, I suppose. Then post up when you get things organized.

Udaman

'11G37S - ? - ??
aktif8 - Keith - Morristown, NJ
Choman - Kevin - Fort Lee, NJ
connoisseurr - ? - ?, VA
doublea88 - ? - Brooklyn, NY
Mik3G37S - Mike - Linden, NJ
pdpMIATA - ? - NYC, NY
RexHavoc - ? - TN
Rochester - John - Rochester, NY
No problem, no plans for tonight after work so why not make myself useful!

Originally Posted by '11G37S

We may have to sit at the kids table unless we get invited to sit at the adults table.

The last week of April or any time May works for me. And sedan only would be pretty cool!
Haha I guess we may have to do so but I should blend in quickly with the elders

11G37S and connossieurr I need your location guys so when you get a chance pm me or just reply here
Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I'm Connor and I'm in Ashburn, VA

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread