G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Wait, us older guys can't fantasize about that too?

Depending on the final date and location I may be in as well. NJ or NY are both potentially viable for me.

Nick - I think I'll be in the Dakotas later this year with the National Impala convention. Not quite Midwest but it may count?
Let me know Chris ! Incase you don't drive up here , you can always tag along and come up there with me in the passenger's seat if you'd like !
The following users liked this post:
RexHavoc (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Thanks Mike, I'll keep you posted!
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:20 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
Upstate NY?

Hope you guys pull it off tho!

(anyone go to the 'cars & coffee' near DC?)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by STownSaint
Upstate NY?

Hope you guys pull it off tho!

(anyone go to the 'cars & coffee' near DC?)
Oh come on if connoisseurr could pull that 4h drive up here to central NJ from northern VA and then convoy our way up to Albany (2.5h) with couple cars then you could do it too!!!

@RexHavoc no problem Chris , You are welcome to come along
Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

Depending on the final date and location I may be in as well. NJ or NY are both potentially viable for me.
If you end up going let me know. Maybe we can caravan up there.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Oh come on if connoisseurr could pull that 4h drive up here to central NJ from northern VA and then convoy our way up to Albany (2.5h) with couple cars then you could do it too!!!
Lol true, probably being a baby

Don't mean to sound rude, but why not make the destination a little bit more desirable? Somewhere that the means could justify the end? (just a thought, I understand location depends on those planning/attending)

(Would be nice to have someone teach me how to drive my own car, stalled it in traffic last week! )
Old 03-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by STownSaint

Lol true, probably being a baby

Don't mean to sound rude, but why not make the destination a little bit more desirable? Somewhere that the means could justify the end? (just a thought, I understand location depends on those planning/attending)

(Would be nice to have someone teach me how to drive my own car, stalled it in traffic last week! )
I know what You're saying... but the hard part is that we are well spread apart in different parts of north east... that being said John (from Rochester, NY ) -4h drive, kOrE (?? RI) -probably 4h, more or less too, connoisseurr (Northern VA) about 4h drive to NJ and then another 2.5h up there possibly with a caravan of couple guys (aktif8, choman, connoisseurr +couple guys from Brooklyn).

Would've been much easier if You hadn't moved to D.C STownSaint !
Old 03-06-2014, 12:34 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

I know what You're saying... but the hard part is that we are well spread apart in different parts of north east... that being said John (from Rochester, NY ) -4h drive, kOrE (?? RI) -probably 4h, more or less too, connoisseurr (Northern VA) about 4h drive to NJ and then another 2.5h up there possibly with a caravan of couple guys (aktif8, choman, connoisseurr +couple guys from Brooklyn).

Would've been much easier if You hadn't moved to D.C STownSaint !
And myself at 12.5 hours and then if Rex goes he's looking at probably 14 hours.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by '11G37S

And myself at 12.5 hours and then if Rex goes he's looking at probably 14 hours.
Exactly but he more likely would just fly in to NJ and just come along with me , I know it for a fact he's been getting really comfy flying all over the country haha.

Either way definitely looking forward to meet another sedan owner pretty much same age as me ! Haha
Old 03-06-2014, 06:22 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Exactly but he more likely would just fly in to NJ and just come along with me , I know it for a fact he's been getting really comfy flying all over the country haha.

Either way definitely looking forward to meet another sedan owner pretty much same age as me ! Haha
Yeah, I'm kinda the old dude. Not as fat anymore though so that's a plus!

I would like to drive up if I can, long drive and the time would need to be right. Still hoping to take a road trip to CT this summer for a tune so we'll see what works out.

I'll be in NYC later this month Mike but I doubt I'll have time for much, flying in and out of White Plains and staying... I think midtown for a meeting at the Cornell Club.

'11 I've done the drive a couple times though only once in the 'G. It's doable and can be a pleasant scenic drive. I used to drive straight through but I'm doing that a lot less now. I usually get a decent discount at Hilton properties so it isn't too bad but there are other chains that make it a lot mire affordable too. Once a location and date is decided on if there are going to be some folks staying overnight you could try and get a couple rooms at a discount?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Once a location and date is decided on if there are going to be some folks staying overnight you could try and get a couple rooms at a discount?
If we're looking at an Albany meetup, after a full day of hanging out with cars and food, I'd very likely stay overnight at a hotel, even though it's only 4 hours away.

Don't ask me to buy you beer, son. Not without a note from your momma.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Rochester

If we're looking at an Albany meetup, after a full day of hanging out with cars and food, I'd very likely stay overnight at a hotel, even though it's only 4 hours away.

Don't ask me to buy you beer, son. Not without a note from your momma.
Lmao very funny haha , no need I can buy it myself haha !
Old 03-06-2014, 07:42 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I hear you there. I'm finding I enjoy driving much more after a good night's rest. Plus, it sounds like it will be Spring and daytime driving is much more fun.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 AM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Whoops. Haven't had a chance to go online lately. Just an update: Yonkers, NY.

For anyone trying to figure out the drive for this from NYC...it takes me roughly around 5-6hrs from NYC to Rochester, including stops and all. Its not too bad of a drive. Albany/Ithaca would cut that ride by an hour or two. I usually go up twice a year and even in some unexpected weather or traffic relates incidents it has never taken me more than six hours.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Whoops. Haven't had a chance to go online lately. Just an update: Yonkers, NY.

For anyone trying to figure out the drive for this from NYC...it takes me roughly around 5-6hrs from NYC to Rochester, including stops and all. Its not too bad of a drive. Albany/Ithaca would cut that ride by an hour or two. I usually go up twice a year and even in some unexpected weather or traffic relates incidents it has never taken me more than six hours.
Actually at least for me (Linden, NJ) Ithaca is 4h away and Albany 2.5h but kOrE is from RI and he said Albany would be much better for him too so we all have to find a spot that sort of suits us all at some point. There was no mention regarding going all the way up to Rochester, besides John would get too comfy in that case haha

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread