G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:29 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Robert_K, I'm sure you will love the V. I drove a 2011 with a 6MT when shopping for a car last year. About 10K more used than my '11 G and not very practical to drive in the snow. Amazing raw power, though.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:34 PM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I'm comparing their prices versus a few other online retailers for a sport bumper and lips. The dealer is still rather expensive with the discount unfortunately.

Alternatively, I just picked up paddle shifters and the associated necessary steering wheel column trim from an online parts retailer for a VERY low price.

Can't wait to get that installed.
some details on shifter please ?
how much did you end up paying and from which parts retailer ?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:09 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Me as well. The finger prints drive me bonkers so I had to teach myself to use the hand hold on the inside of the lid. There have been some sharp looking G's with a duck bill aftermarket lid on this forum. Fitment was a little questionable, but they looked good in the photos.
I love mine but it's a custom molded fiberglass so spot on. If I hadn't bought this I would have gone carbon signal I think.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by main_shoby
some details on shifter please ?
how much did you end up paying and from which parts retailer ?
Here's one of several threads on installing the paddles
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...installed.html
Here's a good price and Perry Infiniti is a reliable vendor FWIW
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-INFINITI-G37-G35-V36-COUPE-SEDAN-OEM-PADDLE-SHIFTER-KIT-IN-GREY-/231109380810?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Last edited by blnewt; 02-25-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:56 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

thanks for the response. I think I can use this thread to ask small questions, rather than spamming new threads lol.
Another question: I have to start modding my bone stock 2012 G37 sedan (non sports) its liquid platinum in color. what should be my first mod to begin with ? I would like to do cheapest \ effective mod first. I even have to get my windows tinted, I think this car never had tints :\
Old 02-25-2014, 08:58 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
thanks for the response. I think I can use this thread to ask small questions, rather than spamming new threads lol. Another question: I have to start modding my bone stock 2012 G37 sedan (non sports) its liquid platinum in color. what should be my first mod to begin with ? I would like to do cheapest \ effective mod first. I even have to get my windows tinted, I think this car never had tints :\
Are you going for looks or aesthetics? Big difference. Also, I cannot tell you what you mean by "effective".
Old 02-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
what should be my first mod to begin with ? I would like to do cheapest \ effective mod first.
CARSMO radio/HVAC ***** would be the cheapest, purely visual and absolutely perfect interior mod.

Sway bars would be the most cost-effective performance mod, over just about anything else you can do for that car.

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
Are you going for looks or aesthetics? Big difference. Also, I cannot tell you what you mean by "effective".
I know, man. This crap always starts with, "I want to mod the car, but I don't want to spend too much money..."

Or my personal favorite, "I want a louder exhaust, but without drone or rasp..."
Old 02-25-2014, 09:10 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Originally Posted by Rochester
CARSMO radio/HVAC ***** would be the cheapest, purely visual and absolutely perfect interior mod. Sway bars would be the most cost-effective performance mod, over just about anything else you can do for that car. I know, man. This crap always starts with, "I want to mod the car, but I don't want to spend too much money..." Or my personal favorite, "I want a louder exhaust, but without drone or rasp..."
Everyone wants to be spoon fed, instant answer. I blame google and Wikipedia.

From now on, anyone not specifying what they want beyond "cheap", "effective", "best", "worth it", etc will now receive advice for the most horrible mods.

"Stickers, bro. +5 horsepower, -1 pair of panties"
"Get that sick wing, drifters be so jelly"
Old 02-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I think I can use this thread to ask small questions, rather than spamming new threads lol.
Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
Everyone wants to be spoon fed, instant answer.
Yep. Not interested in tagging "Spoonfeeders Welcome" to the thread title, but that's not my call.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:28 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

I don't mind the question specifically so much as the vagueness of it. Some guy just asked "what exhausts are available other than ______, etc"

Someone doesn't understand what "Etc" means.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

I get it but hey, you gotta start from somewhere. My "effective" means looks. I want to make my ride standout a little bit, before/if I get into performance mods.
I also have a black vinyl overlay for the roof. I have to get it installed / install it myself. My plan is to match black roof overlay with stock black door trims along with legally max black tints on windows.
I know a lot of people don't think its a good idea to vinyl the roof but in my opinion it looks good. My TL had it, it looked awesome.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:37 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

I get it but hey, you gotta start from somewhere. My "effective" means looks. I want to make my ride standout a little bit, before/if I get into performance mods. I also have a black vinyl overlay for the roof. I have to get it installed / install it myself. I know a lot of people don't think its a good idea to vinyl the roof but in my opinion it looks good. My TL had it, it looked awesome.
Ah, then <100 DIY mods are the way to go. There was an old thread here I loved. It was chock full of "cheap", but effective mods. I think it was called the poor man's DIY.

Off the top of my head, painted calipers, vinyl wrap, GTR button swap, dye pen your seat embroidery, debadging, painted (not plastidip) engine cover, carsmo *****, LED swap, HID fogs, engine liner removal, and fender washers in the engine bay.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

My "effective" means looks.
But looks are entirely subjective.

For example, most people here cripple their car by reducing its ride-height on lowering springs. The intent is to create an effective, aesthetic look. While I personally think it effectively makes the car look ridiculous, I'm in the minority on that opinion. (Online minority, that is.)

On the other hand, one of my first visual mods was to wrap my fog lights in amber/orange window tint. I personally think it's an effective tweak to the appearance of my front clip, while at the same time I've been told my car looks like a Creamsicle. Meh.

I recommend you don't vinyl wrap your roof. It will look really dumb, IMO. And I say that at LOL risk of push-back.

Here's an inexpensive mod for visuals: remove your front grille and take it to a paint shop. Have the perimeter painted body color, and the middle slats painted black metallic, like the Midnight Grille. It's a very "effective" visual mod, very OEM looking, and still very unique.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
connoisseurr (02-25-2014), Diode Dynamics (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 09:52 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Thanks for the great advice. I think I should hold my roof vinyl and focus on other mods first "poorman's DIY" that is. on the other hand, your car looks awesome!! you had something done to your headlight's interior ? I don't have such blacked out headlights. they look excellent on you color combination IMO.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:55 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Thanks for the great advice. I think I should hold my roof vinyl and focus on other mods first "poorman's DIY" that is. on the other hand, your car looks awesome!! you had something done to your headlight's interior ? I don't have such blacked out headlights. they look excellent on you color combination IMO.
Are you talking to me, or Rochester?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread