G37 Sedan

And it begins....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Turbotwiggs

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I have also decided that there really isn't any cheap way to do any kind of exhaust work on this thing so I'm probably gonna save up to get an invidia cat back
Old 11-23-2013, 09:59 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbotwiggs
I have also decided that there really isn't any cheap way to do any kind of exhaust work on this thing so I'm probably gonna save up to get an invidia cat back
have you considered swapping out your resonators for a set of shorter ones. i did on my tanabes,and they sound awesome

Vibrant Performance .
Old 11-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Invidia is awesome and so is Fast Intentions catback if you're not looking for an all time obnoxious attention ***** but just a nice subtle sound while cruising and pretty noticeable under WOT. I was just gonna get Invidia next week but that's not gonna happen :/
Old 11-24-2013, 08:23 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Love the fast n furious poster on the wall of the shop. Watch out, they might put NOS in the car
Old 11-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Turbotwiggs

Lol I know right! Lol I won't knock his body work but he does drive Hondas lol. It's all good though
Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Turbotwiggs

And yes I'm looking for an exhaust more subtle. I guess I have grown up because with my sti at one point I had it straight piped and it was loud as hell... Can't do that anymore but I like invidia on several different vehicles
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Turbotwiggs

Man, I gotta let yall know that you may be a little dissapointed in my build. Only reason being as I have searched this forum it seems that most people on here have a bit of a higher budget than I. lol so when I start getting rims on it or what not dont bash me if I get like some XXR's or rota's Not that I dont wanna be classy but a military paycheck doesnt quite cut it when trying to build a car and raise a family/owning a house.

When you see a "CATBACK EXHAUST" selling for $7500 it kind of gives you a reality check..... oh well
Old 11-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
When you see a "CATBACK EXHAUST" selling for $7500 it kind of gives you a reality check..... oh well
AFAIK, the only exhaust that checks in at that price is the Miesterschaft Titanium cat-back. Ti-taaane-ee-umm.

Search harder, OP.

Wait, no. Here's actual advice. Start a budget that spans all the years you intend to own this car. Plan out your mods according to whatever priority floats your boat; (performance, sound, looks, tires, maintenance, etc.), with the one overriding priority being the annual budget. You can do a lot with $2000/year in mods.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-25-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:50 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
AFAIK, the only exhaust that checks in at that price is the Miesterschaft Titanium cat-back. Ti-taaane-ee-umm. Search harder, OP.
How much is the Amuse Titan?
Old 11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Man, I gotta let yall know that you may be a little dissapointed in my build. Only reason being as I have searched this forum it seems that most people on here have a bit of a higher budget than I. lol so when I start getting rims on it or what not dont bash me if I get like some XXR's or rota's Not that I dont wanna be classy but a military paycheck doesnt quite cut it when trying to build a car and raise a family/owning a house.

Don't want to speak for other members, but in general, I noticed this forum appreciates the time, research, and creativity of mods more than the dollar amount. I don't think you should worry that just because you can't afford top dollar stuff (neither can I) that your participation in the community is any less valuable.

EDIT: I like Rochester's idea a lot, makes ton of sense. Goes along with my mentality that I don't change or upgrade anything until I'm bored with my car (usally takes years), then start tweaking it little by little to keep it fresh
Old 11-25-2013, 06:28 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Rochester is spot on, you can do it on a budget. All depends on what you're looking for. I spent more than I planned but the deal was right for me at that time. Most things I'm finding preowned which helps. In the end though, do what you like don't worry about what we like!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Turbotwiggs

Lol thanks guys. Glad we got to hug it out... Ya I didn't realize it was full titanium stay well out of my range. But ya you make a good point about $2000 a year for mods that would work out quite well.... Just not use to the car parts being so damn expensive.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Lol thanks guys. Glad we got to hug it out... Ya I didn't realize it was full titanium stay well out of my range. But ya you make a good point about $2000 a year for mods that would work out quite well.... Just not use to the car parts being so damn expensive.
Don't forget about our marketplace, I've bought all my stuff new and like you I didn't have a budget for true forged $4000 wheels, $2000 coilovers, $2500 exhaust, etc. I try to DIY all the installs and various cosmetic mods, you can get some nice results for little coin if you don't mind doing the dirty work.
The marketplace you can find some top-notch wheels for about the same price as lesser quality new wheels, same goes for exhausts and most other parts. Some parts like coilovers should be bought new since you really don't know the true condition of the part, but plenty of parts are perfectly fine to buy used.
Good luck w/ your Journey
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (11-26-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 09:44 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
When does it ever end? I got into "lightly" modding my G and a month later found myself researching twin turbos and full exhaust systems.... Then reality hit me. The mods I want to do run as much as I owe on the car. BIG SIGH. I wish I were rich.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
I've had my 6MT for almost 2 years now, and have the next 5 years planned out, with approximate expenses between $1500 and $3500 year over year. Parts, labor, maintenance, etc. It's all in a spreadsheet that I keep tweaking and rearranging. I probably revisit this spreadsheet at least once or twice a month. The upcoming year I always get a little more granular, and plan things out to the month.

It's like a game. No wait... it's a hobby.

Did the exact same thing with my last car, starting around the 3rd year of ownership. Had that car for 9 years. Loved it. Loved the process.

You know, OP, Nature gave you a mod by way of a hailstorm that few people actually pursue. Seriously, not too many people change the color of their car like you're doing. That's pretty cool.