G37 Sedan

09 g37x vs 12 g37x

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 PM
microwave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 g37x vs 12 g37x

Man, I got my 09 w/ 48k in for some warranty work (wood trim peeling, 7at update for harsh downshift, drivers seat back rubbing console, window skipping, trunk corrosion from tailights, and steering wheel wear - not all of which will b covered unfortunately) and the 2012 g37x loaner feels like my car on steroids. It seems way faster in acceleration, like the 1st 2nd 3rd gears really kick in and flow, and the handling feels like a dream. My car, bought used from an older lady, seems to roll or lean out of corners, this 2012 just cruises right through them no problem. Makes me remember why I wanted a G to begin with. Got me wondering if my stability control isn't working or if the suspension feels that way cause my car has 30k more miles? or what? Any thoughts? My warranty is up in a couple weeks, the dealer is 3 hours away, and my car is still there. Wondering of there's anything I should mention while they have it or if they'd likely find it when they do their inspection its just because my car is older.

Also, u think ill get the latest 7at update or they'll do some older one that only addresses the harsh downshift when coming to a stop?

One more question, is our stock exhaust stainless steel?

Thanks for any thoughts
Old 10-31-2013, 09:56 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by microwave
Man, I got my 09 w/ 48k in for some warranty work (wood trim peeling, 7at update for harsh downshift, drivers seat back rubbing console, window skipping, trunk corrosion from tailights, and steering wheel wear - not all of which will b covered unfortunately) and the 2012 g37x loaner feels like my car on steroids. It seems way faster in acceleration, like the 1st 2nd 3rd gears really kick in and flow, and the handling feels like a dream. My car, bought used from an older lady, seems to roll or lean out of corners, this 2012 just cruises right through them no problem. Makes me remember why I wanted a G to begin with. Got me wondering if my stability control isn't working or if the suspension feels that way cause my car has 30k more miles? or what? Any thoughts? My warranty is up in a couple weeks, the dealer is 3 hours away, and my car is still there. Wondering of there's anything I should mention while they have it or if they'd likely find it when they do their inspection its just because my car is older.

Also, u think ill get the latest 7at update or they'll do some older one that only addresses the harsh downshift when coming to a stop?

One more question, is our stock exhaust stainless steel?

Thanks for any thoughts
New car= stiffer and newer springs/struts. Try resetting your ECU and you may feel a difference too.
The following users liked this post:
microwave (11-01-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 10:20 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
What Matt said^^ and yes, they should apply the most recent TSB to your 7AT. The tips on the exhaust are stainless, I think that's it though.
Might want to look into aftermarket sway bars.
microwave (11-01-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 11:32 PM
XSman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
True that. Just the tips are stainless. Get the reprogram then IMO:
1. K&N drop-ins
2. Hotchkis sways
3. If so inclined, FI catback exhaust (all stainless), sound, etc...
4. ECU reset and drive it like you stole it

microwave (11-01-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 11:55 PM
microwave

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
New car= stiffer and newer springs/struts. Try resetting your ECU and you may feel a difference too.
U think they'll do an ecu reset when they do the 7at update?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:06 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by microwave
U think they'll do an ecu reset when they do the 7at update?
You can do it by disconnecting your battery, you'll have to reset your auto-up window feature and your seat memory settings, but that's it
microwave (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 12:10 AM
microwave

Originally Posted by blnewt
You can do it by disconnecting your battery, you'll have to reset your auto-up window feature and your seat memory settings, but that's it
Ok great. I'm a little worries ill get the wrong update. Looking at a couple of tsb's I see there's one for a harsh 4 to 3 down shift that's just a tcm update and one for lag harsh downshift that's newer and resets the tcm and ecm. Hopefully I'll get the right one. Prob contact my service advisor tomorrow to make sure. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:11 AM
microwave

Originally Posted by XSman
True that. Just the tips are stainless. Get the reprogram then IMO:
1. K&N drop-ins
2. Hotchkis sways
3. If so inclined, FI catback exhaust (all stainless), sound, etc...
4. ECU reset and drive it like you stole it

Just youtubed FI exhaust and it sounds real nice thanks
Old 11-06-2013, 04:49 PM
microwave

got my car back a few days ago. they updated the tcu software and reset ecu. totally different car. it drives just like the loaner now. should i drive normal or put it in ds mode and drive it like an ahole?

my drivers seat back was rubbing against the console too, i wanted a new seat but they did an "adjustment" i really really really wonder what that adjustment was because the whole right side of the seat back is straight and not bowed out towards the console. however, the left seat back now has creases in it and i swear those weren't there before the "adjustment" The power lumbar feature has been weakened too. its like barely any air fills it up and when i press the button to let the air out it takes two seconds before i don't feel any lumbar support and then 5 seconds of the sound of air escaping but no noticeable difference in the feel of the lumbar support. wish i hadn't said anything about the seat now, wonder what they did...
anyone have any ideas? or links to taking apart or adjusting the seat back or drivers seat in general? 09 g37x premium no nav