Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 04:18 PM
itengineer
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
New G37 Owner in Minneapolis

HI All -

Just picked up a new 2013 G37 AWD on a lease replacing my 1999 Camry

Today is the first day - what a fantastic car. Drives much better than my old Camry (LOL)

Old 10-31-2013, 04:23 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
I went from a '98 camry to a 2012 G37, I know the feeling.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the huge upgrade

Nick C.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:43 PM
huskerblue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, welcome and congrats! I got mine from lupient, you?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:33 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats. Post a pic when you get a chance
Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome! theres a few of us G drivers in Minneapolis. Got a pic??
Old 10-31-2013, 08:51 PM
itengineer
Registered Member

Originally Posted by huskerblue
Hi, welcome and congrats! I got mine from lupient, you?

I picked up mine at Bloomington Infiniti. Gave me a better deal than Lupient
Old 11-01-2013, 01:54 AM
WannabeSport

Who was your sales guy? I know that dealer way too well... in fact, if you say my name and they all know me.. roflmao.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:11 AM
huskerblue

Is that Luther infiniti in Bloomington? They screwed me over big-time. Went through entire negotiation process for a new 2013 - then tell me at the last possible moment that the car was a hail-damage repair job! (I was out of town). I filed a complaint with infiniti corporate who did treat me right - got me the same car at Lupient infiniti at vpp pricing. The folks at Lupient are fabulous! At Luther... Do not trust them... no integrity, watch your back. (Are you sure you didn't get one of their hail damage cars? See any funny looking spots on paint in certain light?)
Old 11-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Welcome to myg37 Congrats on your G.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:16 PM
WannabeSport

Originally Posted by huskerblue
Is that Luther infiniti in Bloomington? They screwed me over big-time. Went through entire negotiation process for a new 2013 - then tell me at the last possible moment that the car was a hail-damage repair job! (I was out of town). I filed a complaint with infiniti corporate who did treat me right - got me the same car at Lupient infiniti at vpp pricing. The folks at Lupient are fabulous! At Luther... Do not trust them... no integrity, watch your back. (Are you sure you didn't get one of their hail damage cars? See any funny looking spots on paint in certain light?)
Sounds like a little miscommunication. I know the guys at Luther very well and know how they communicate. The dealer overall is incredibly honest and reassures customers on a regular basis before making a deal. Because trust me, Lupient has MORE than enough stories of their own... Like asking the mod 1CleanG here on the forum if "This is worth his time" because he rolled up in a Cavalier... or when they tried to sell my friend a car with bald tires that weren't even safe... then I tell the GM and he goes, yea, those aren't safe. I would just say on a dealer to dealer basis, Lupient gets more complaints than Luther. There will always be a bad experience here or there though. It happens. Nobody is perfect.

Brings me back to the time I brought my car in for service at Lupient, reserved a loaner, show up and they tell me they are out and I'll need a ride... yea, that didn't fly lol.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:14 PM
itengineer
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Who was your sales guy? I know that dealer way too well... in fact, if you say my name and they all know me.. roflmao.
David Simon
Old 11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
WannabeSport

Ha, I know David. He has been there for almost a year now. Glad to hear your experience went well. I was going to go work there, but I am shifting focus and losing interest in the brand.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:06 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Congrats & Welcome to the site, bet you don't miss the Camry too much
Old 11-02-2013, 11:53 AM
huskerblue

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Sounds like a little miscommunication. I know the guys at Luther very well and know how they communicate. The dealer overall is incredibly honest and reassures customers on a regular basis before making a deal. Because trust me, Lupient has MORE than enough stories of their own... Like asking the mod 1CleanG here on the forum if "This is worth his time" because he rolled up in a Cavalier... or when they tried to sell my friend a car with bald tires that weren't even safe... then I tell the GM and he goes, yea, those aren't safe. I would just say on a dealer to dealer basis, Lupient gets more complaints than Luther. There will always be a bad experience here or there though. It happens. Nobody is perfect.

Brings me back to the time I brought my car in for service at Lupient, reserved a loaner, show up and they tell me they are out and I'll need a ride... yea, that didn't fly lol.
Oh, this was no miscommunication. Your friend David was the guy and this was clearly "the plan" - kind of a bait and switch. As soon as I questioned about the hail damage communication ceased. I'm a nice guy but I'm no dummie and I would not publish this story without being certain of what went down. Infiniti corporate agreed with me. I suppose they operated within the letter of the law but clearly intentional and clearly unethical.

It's one thing to not have a promised loaner - what luther infiniti tried to pull was on a much much different level.

Quick Reply: New G37 Owner in Minneapolis