G37 Sedan

To spoiler or not not spoiler....?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 04:50 PM
10Gee37exeS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Different from most G37 Sedans you might see on the road where you live, but about as common as white bread here on the forum.

And I get that. Where I live, it's a notable thing to spot another G37 Sedan with the Sport Package, decked out with chin and trunk spoiler. But even then, it's almost always a G37xS. The number of actual sport sedan sightings around here (other than me )... I can count those on one hand.

You're going to like the parts, OP. I'm convinced you'll install the rear spoiler. And someone would have to give me good odds to bet against you not installing the front chin.
I dunno....Wheat/Whole Grain is beating out white around here...There's just a TON of G37's in this area..I'd say ~85% of them are G37x Journeys.
You can count them on one hand? So what like 6? Tell me you're royalty? Oh wait they had 6 toes! My bad.
I'll take those odds....
Old 10-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
OK, maybe 6 fingers. Because just last week I saw a G37S Sedan at the YMCA, dropped, with aftermarket exhaust and rims.

And while that's still a dime a dozen here on the forum, it's the only modified G37 Sedan I've ever seen in these parts. Ever. I kind of wanted to hang out in the parking lot for a chance to talk to the owner... but that would have been weird.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:13 PM
10Gee37exeS

OK, maybe 6 fingers. Because just last week I saw a G37S Sedan at the YMCA, dropped, with aftermarket exhaust and rims.

And while that's still a dime a dozen here on the forum, it's the only modified G37 Sedan I've ever seen in these parts. Ever. I kind of wanted to hang out in the parking lot for a chance to talk to the owner... but that would have been weird.
Yeah creepy stalker dude....Seriously, I still wished that '10 G37S Limited Edition I was originally looking at was not at such a shadey Infiniti dealer...I forgot what the name of it was but it was out past Queens maybe LI. Not Competition Infiniti..they are pretty professional there, but a bit too hoity toity for me. Oh Legacy Infiniti..that's exactly what they should be...a Legacy!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by 10Gee37exeS
I dunno....Wheat/Whole Grain is beating out white around here...There's just a TON of G37's in this area..I'd say ~85% of them are G37x Journeys.
You can count them on one hand? So what like 6? Tell me you're royalty? Oh wait they had 6 toes! My bad.
I'll take those odds....
I do agree there is a lot of G37 Sedans in NJ but like you stated most of them are G37x Journeys... although there's so many of them out there I gotta tell you, since when I got my car in May I have only seen two( and I do drive a lot for work and outside of work) G37 Sedans with the true sport package not the G37xS and believe me I do pay attention to every G37 sedan out there to check if it's perhaps the true Sport sedan haha but NOPE. I actually have seen one Lakeshore slate/stone G37x with the rear spoiler in Rahway
Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I do agree there is a lot of G37 Sedans in NJ but like you stated most of them are G37x Journeys... although there's so many of them out there I gotta tell you, since when I got my car in May I have only seen two( and I do drive a lot for work and outside of work) G37 Sedans with the true sport package not the G37xS and believe me I do pay attention to every G37 sedan out there to check if it's perhaps the true Sport sedan haha but NOPE. I actually have seen one Lakeshore slate/stone G37x with the rear spoiler in Rahway

I debadged the G37S from my trunk. But the brakes are a dead give-away.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Mik3G37S

I debadged the G37S from my trunk. But the brakes are a dead give-away.
haha oh yeah they definitely are a dead give-away, when I see any G37 sedans and don't know if it's an S ( incase it's debadged) I go for the brakes too but believe me many people got no clue haha, and yeah I had mine totally debadged everything all together but that was sort of peer pressure by my friends when debadging the Emblem and the letters so I went all the way and debadged G37S aswell but then after some time I decided to put a new one back on since you don't really see any G37 true Sport sedans around so I thought that I would actually acknowledge people that it's the true Sport package sedan and unlike all the other G37x Journeys haha and I also think IMHO it adds a nice touch to the already debadged emblem and INFINITI letters off the trunk
Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Sway
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wrap the chrome piece on the trunk the same color as the body... Looks tight!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

haha oh yeah they definitely are a dead give-away, when I see any G37 sedans and don't know if it's an S ( incase it's debadged) I go for the brakes too but believe me many people got no clue haha, and yeah I had mine totally debadged everything all together but that was sort of peer pressure by my friends when debadging the Emblem and the letters so I went all the way and debadged G37S aswell but then after some time I decided to put a new one back on since you don't really see any G37 true Sport sedans around so I thought that I would actually acknowledge people that it's the true Sport package sedan and unlike all the other G37x Journeys haha and I also think IMHO it adds a nice touch to the already debadged emblem and INFINITI letters off the trunk
I completely understand. Seeing that "S" can be a (slightly different) point of pride without the little "x", and I really agonized over whether or not to do it. In the end, I decided to could keep the badge somewhere else, because IMO it's a personal thing, not a declarative one.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-relocate.html

OP, here's a picture of the OEM trunk lid spoiler on my Sedan:

Old 10-31-2013, 10:32 AM
10Gee37exeS

Gotta find that one with the rear spoiler see hwo it looks...I'm feeling less and less "special" now....
Old 10-31-2013, 11:26 AM
10Gee37exeS

I completely understand. Seeing that "S" can be a (slightly different) point of pride without the little "x", and I really agonized over whether or not to do it. In the end, I decided to could keep the badge somewhere else, because IMO it's a personal thing, not a declarative one.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-relocate.html

OP, here's a picture of the OEM trunk lid spoiler on my Sedan:

Great looking and clean G! Again another color that looks sporty...I think I'm just having an issue with my color..eventho I love it, I just dont' think it's "sporty" and can hold up the sportiness of the front lipe and rear spoilers..that's why I gotta find that Lakshore Slate with the rear spoiler here in Rahway that Mike3G37S mentioned above....It's like a conflict of interest. The first thing my brother said was it's an "old person's" car color.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Mik3G37S

Gotta find that one with the rear spoiler see hwo it looks...I'm feeling less and less "special" now....
noo I wouldn't worry about it in your place too much, I've seen lots of lakeshore slate/stone G37 sedans but never really with an OEM rear spoiler at least that I would remember so I think you could still feel special about it haha

Great looking and clean G! Again another color that looks sporty...I think I'm just having an issue with my color..eventho I love it, I just dont' think it's "sporty" and can hold up the sportiness of the front lipe and rear spoilers..that's why I gotta find that Lakshore Slate with the rear spoiler here in Rahway that Mike3G37S mentioned above....It's like a conflict of interest. The first thing my brother said was it's an "old person's" car color.
If I ever see it again in the area, I'll try to take a picture, since it was perhaps only driving through the area... but I'll be on the lookout for ya
Old 10-31-2013, 05:25 PM
10Gee37exeS

noo I wouldn't worry about it in your place too much, I've seen lots of lakeshore slate/stone G37 sedans but never really with an OEM rear spoiler at least that I would remember so I think you could still feel special about it haha

If I ever see it again in the area, I'll try to take a picture, since it was perhaps only driving through the area... but I'll be on the lookout for ya
"Special" like my mom says or how the aptitude tests determine?

I dunno if a picture will do it justice...I might need to see it in person...feeeeel it...touch it...caress it...admire it...OK Now who's talking about creepy stalker dude?
Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

"Special" like my mom says or how the aptitude tests determine?

I dunno if a picture will do it justice...I might need to see it in person...feeeeel it...touch it...caress it...admire it...OK Now who's talking about creepy stalker dude?
You're kinda weird. But you're rocking my decal design, so
Old 10-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Mik3G37S

You're kinda weird. But you're rocking my decal design, so
lmfao.. I want a 4DSC decal but I don't wanna go through all that hassle on maxima forum or whatever it was I have once come across

Rochester mind helping me out here?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

lmfao.. I want a 4DSC decal but I don't wanna go through all that hassle on maxima forum or whatever it was I have once come across

Rochester mind helping me out here?
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/233303-4dsc.html

It's a good read... but you want Post #73.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-31-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Quick Reply: To spoiler or not not spoiler....?