New vehicle buyers still prefer white

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 234 Posts
New vehicle buyers still prefer white

New vehicle buyers still prefer white - MSN Autos

They were talking about this story on the Today show this morning and mentioned that Silver had been on top for almost a decade. I had no idea.

Looks like white has taken over.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
All my cars up until this one were all black on black. I always thought that all of my cats would be black because I loved the way they look when cleaned, but its a lot of work to maintain a clean black car. With that said I love my white G. In my opinion it looks really good when cleaned, almost as much as a black car, and its a lot easier to maintain, I now prefer white over black.

I would like to see out of all of those silver cars how many of them were rentals. I would imagine that a good number of them are just because they would want more neutral colored cars, and black would probably require them to wash them more. Who knows. Just a thought.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Yeup, I saw this yahoo story talking about the car colors.

Anywho, black cars for me. More work to keep em clean but worth it
Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Gio37
Yeup, I saw this yahoo story talking about the car colors.

Anywho, black cars for me. More work to keep em clean but worth it
White depends on the car. On German cars its nice. On a Mustang, not so much. Black looks good on everything. Used to be a fan of silver only because it hid dirt and swirl marks and showed the car's lines quite nicely. The only problem was it looked the same all the time even when waxed, didn't have that showroom shine like other colors when you polished it. And it seems every car manufacturer have been using a really dull type of silver lately that lacks any sparkle,
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I hate black cars with a burning passion and love white cars to death. lol

Overall I am sick of blue because my previous three cars were blue.

I have white now, and it is my favorite by far. I wouldn't have given up my other car unless it was for a white car. No settling.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 234 Posts
I agree that Black makes even the most unassuming car look alot more expensive. I had a black Saturn L300 years ago that was essentially stock minus a spoiler and tint and that car always grabbed peoples attention. Nobody believed it was a Saturn. I really liked the way black hid the gaps on the body panels, which at the time were notorious GM trademarks. The White and Silver versions of the same car just looked cheap.

I liked black so much, that I later bought a Black Honda Pilot for the wife....mistake. The car gets dirty if you cough near it, let alone tote 3 kids around back and forth to school and activities. Needless to say, the next family hauler will be silver or white.

Now that I finally own a silver car (2013 G37S Sedan), I have to say that I really appreciate how good the car looks even after a week of driving. In addition, the chrome accents on the G look really subdue and classic when matched to silver, including the gunmetal gray wheels. While it was not my first choice in color when I purchased (it was the only G37S Sedan left in San Diego), I have grown to appreciate how forgiving and classic the color is on the car.

Last edited by socketz67; 10-24-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
White w/beige leather is such a soothing, upscale combination. This is my 4th white car (although the Volvo had black cloth), and I love it.

I've also owned 4 red cars, although probably won't again. As for black... no way, no how. Never ever will I own a black car. Whatever the appeal is for black cars, I don't suffer from it.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-24-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by My'09G37X
All my cars up until this one were all black on black. I always thought that all of my cats would be black because I loved the way they look when cleaned, but its a lot of work to maintain a clean black car. With that said I love my white G. In my opinion it looks really good when cleaned, almost as much as a black car, and its a lot easier to maintain, I now prefer white over black.

I would like to see out of all of those silver cars how many of them were rentals. I would imagine that a good number of them are just because they would want more neutral colored cars, and black would probably require them to wash them more. Who knows. Just a thought.
I prefer a clean black CAT too for a pet!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape

I prefer a clean black CAT too for a pet!
Haha. Stupid predictive texting...
Old 10-24-2013, 05:31 PM
destro6MTsedan

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I would have preferred a white G, but couldn't find a 6MT for the life of me. I only found a black one so I took it. She looks damn sexy when clean, but she gets filthy quick. Still wish I had white. Maybe I'll wrap her.