G37 Sedan

Lakeshore Slate owners rejoice!!! (Maybe?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:49 PM
10Gee37exeS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lakeshore Slate owners rejoice!!! (Maybe?)

I was checking out the price of the lip spoiler for my 10xSport on Infinitipartsusa.com and for some reason anything in Lakeshore Slate is A LOT cheaper than in any other color....Or am I missing something? Like the chin spolier they list is the one from teh LE but in Lakeshore Slate right? I won't get another Sport bumper??? I might just order everything...Chin spoiler, rear poiler..and if I don't have the splash Guards (which I think I do), then the splash guards too! I'm hesitant about the rear spoiler tho b/c I'd have to drill and I kinda like the chrome piece...but would my car look odd with the LE chin spoiler and no rear spoiler? My GF is gonna kill me! Heck prepainted for that price!

Oh and just to confirm before I go on an dordering frendzy...these parts are listed for the MY11, they will fit on my MY10?

Last edited by 10Gee37exeS; 10-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by 10Gee37exeS
I was checking out the price of the lip spoiler for my 10xSport on Infinitipartsusa.com and for some reason anything in Lakeshore Slate is A LOT cheaper than in any other color....Or am I missing something? Like the chin spolier they list is the one from teh LE but in Lakeshore Slate right? I won't get another Sport bumper??? I might just order everything...Chin spoiler, rear poiler..and if I don't have the splash Guards (which I think I do), then the splash guards too! I'm hesitant about the rear spoiler tho b/c I'd have to drill and I kinda like the chrome piece...but would my car look odd with the LE chin spoiler and no rear spoiler? My GF is gonna kill me! Heck prepainted for that price!

Oh and just to confirm before I go on an dordering frendzy...these parts are listed for the MY11, they will fit on my MY10?
It's not a misprint, the Lakeshore along w/ the Sandstone were the rarest colors so the parts are hard to resell. Great for you though
Old 10-18-2013, 02:47 PM
10Gee37exeS

Originally Posted by blnewt
It's not a misprint, the Lakeshore along w/ the Sandstone were the rarest colors so the parts are hard to resell. Great for you though
Thanks I just went nutz and ordered the chin/lip and rear spoilers..was contemplating the splash guards too for $60, JIC one of mine gets damaged sometime in the future..but that's my compulsive spending talking...So I nixed them. Phew sweating..Seems like my birthday and Xmas came early this year!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:15 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
keep looking online. there are cheaper sites. type in the part numbers to google and you will see. the site you mention is decent (i've used them before), but there are better prices out there.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:43 PM
10Gee37exeS

Originally Posted by canucklehead
keep looking online. there are cheaper sites. type in the part numbers to google and you will see. the site you mention is decent (i've used them before), but there are better prices out there.
Too late now! Again it was that compulsive spender in me! If I find a SUPER low price maybe I'll cancel and order elsewhere...
Old 01-13-2014, 04:57 PM
10Gee37exeS

FINALLY got my Ltd Ed. chin and rear spoilers!!!! Yay! Can't wait to get them installed. But a few questions:
1) It's damn near mid-Winter in the NE. Should I wait till it warms up? Seeing there's extensive amount of adhesive tape being used. Maybe the cold temperture won't let it stick/set as well as it could as when it's warmer?

2) I'm going the whole 9yds to have the rear spoiler professionally installed with all the mounting holes drilled and whatnot. But do I really need to have the chin spoiler professionally installed? When I took it outta the box it looked straight forward. Remove stock clips and self-tapping screws that are already on car. Line the chin spoiler up. Reinstall clips and screws and the additional few clips and screws that came with it. Pull off backing to adhesive and finish sticking it on. Voila! But when I started reading the directions there are templates to cut out and tape/align on the spoiler and bumper cover....then the actualy install/mounting/adjustment begins...Is it really that hard? Should I just let the pros do it all?
Old 01-13-2014, 10:26 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
Hello fellow Canadian brethren, what sites are you speaking of and how Canadian friendly are they?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:28 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
FINALLY got my Ltd Ed. chin and rear spoilers!!!! Yay! Can't wait to get them installed. But a few questions:
1) It's damn near mid-Winter in the NE. Should I wait till it warms up? Seeing there's extensive amount of adhesive tape being used. Maybe the cold temperture won't let it stick/set as well as it could as when it's warmer?

2) I'm going the whole 9yds to have the rear spoiler professionally installed with all the mounting holes drilled and whatnot. But do I really need to have the chin spoiler professionally installed? When I took it outta the box it looked straight forward. Remove stock clips and self-tapping screws that are already on car. Line the chin spoiler up. Reinstall clips and screws and the additional few clips and screws that came with it. Pull off backing to adhesive and finish sticking it on. Voila! But when I started reading the directions there are templates to cut out and tape/align on the spoiler and bumper cover....then the actualy install/mounting/adjustment begins...Is it really that hard? Should I just let the pros do it all?
Unless you really have to have them on now IMO it would be better to wait for things to warm up a bit, plastic parts don't conform as well. The spoiler & lip do need to be pressed tightly for a bit to get a good bond w/ the tape, would be harder if the parts were cold and stiff. I found both parts to be a simple DIY, you will need a small holesaw or spade bit for the lip (assuming the new lips install is the same as my 09).
Old 01-14-2014, 10:18 AM
10Gee37exeS

Originally Posted by blnewt
Unless you really have to have them on now IMO it would be better to wait for things to warm up a bit, plastic parts don't conform as well. The spoiler & lip do need to be pressed tightly for a bit to get a good bond w/ the tape, would be harder if the parts were cold and stiff. I found both parts to be a simple DIY, you will need a small holesaw or spade bit for the lip (assuming the new lips install is the same as my 09).

Thanks. That's what I'm thinking too. So, half-heartedly decided to wait ....eventho it's gonna KILL ME!!! I'm guessing since you're in NM you didn't have to deal this cold issue. Luck bastard....

I'm thinking of doing the lip/chin spoiler myself (I do have A LOT of time to read up to physically and mentally prep) b/c drilling thru plastic isn't as scary to me as metal....So the rear spoiler might be left to the pros.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
Thanks. That's what I'm thinking too. So, half-heartedly decided to wait ....eventho it's gonna KILL ME!!! I'm guessing since you're in NM you didn't have to deal this cold issue. Luck bastard....

I'm thinking of doing the lip/chin spoiler myself (I do have A LOT of time to read up to physically and mentally prep) b/c drilling thru plastic isn't as scary to me as metal....So the rear spoiler might be left to the pros.
New Mexico is arid, it gets pretty dang cold there. There's even some skiing to be done as far south as Ruidoso.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:59 AM
10Gee37exeS

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
New Mexico is arid, it gets pretty dang cold there. There's even some skiing to be done as far south as Ruidoso.
Yeah true dat. Hot during the day... to freezing cold at night. No moisture to regulate/buffer the temps. Sorry. I knew that....dunno what I was talking about. But at least during the warmth of the day you can install the aforementioned pieces. Again you luck bastard! The way the weather has been in Jersey for the last few years I might have to wait till May! Ugh. Winter blues just kicked in
Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I miss my lakeshore slate 05.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:34 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

I would wait...
Old 01-15-2014, 10:23 AM
10Gee37exeS

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
I miss my lakeshore slate 05.
RUB IT IN why don't ya! But that can't be MN? With tuquois water like that?

OT: I see you listed you have the Curt trailer hitch. How do you like it? How is it holding up (i.e.e rust, corrosion)? Is it overtly noticeable?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 AM
10Gee37exeS

Originally Posted by botlfed98
I would wait...
Yeah. PAINFULLY will....What made it worse was when I dry fit them! I started drooling....Who knows I might pull the trigger and have my buddy who owns a body shop install them...Still gotta pay, but it looks soooo sweet!

Quick Reply: Lakeshore Slate owners rejoice!!! (Maybe?)