G37 Sedan

Q50 owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I think the bigger question is how did you manage to get a 2 day test drive? Are you personal friends with the manager because I've bought alot of cars in my life and any dealer I've dealt with would give me a WTF look if I said I wanted the car to test for 2 days, especially a brand new model. Either you lucked into the best dealer ever or they really need to push the sales of this car.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:35 PM
1BadAssG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost any expensive brand dealer will let you test drive the car, especially if you have bought from them before. The dealer knows me and I have leased from them before but not the same people as 3years back.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BadAssG
Almost any expensive brand dealer will let you test drive the car, especially if you have bought from them before. The dealer knows me and I have leased from them before but not the same people as 3years back.
That's true. I once had a Ford dealership force a Taurus SHO on me for the weekend. It was weird because I was totally up front with them that my interest in the car was simple curiosity.

I wish our Porsche dealership would force a Cayman S on me.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-20-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:10 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
I think the bigger question is how did you manage to get a 2 day test drive? Are you personal friends with the manager because I've bought alot of cars in my life and any dealer I've dealt with would give me a WTF look if I said I wanted the car to test for 2 days, especially a brand new model. Either you lucked into the best dealer ever or they really need to push the sales of this car.
Back in 2010 the local Infiniti dealer forced me into a 3 day test drive of a G37xS over the weekend. Even after I said I was heading out on a road trip. I've never bought from them but they do know me from warranty work services.

I returned the car and said "thanks but no thanks". The 7AT just wasn't working for me, it was a deal breaker even with my VPP pricing on the xS.

I know numerous folks who have had extended test drives. It's not that uncommon.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
Back in 2010 the local Infiniti dealer forced me into a 3 day test drive of a G37xS over the weekend. Even after I said I was heading out on a road trip. I've never bought from them but they do know me from warranty work services.

I returned the car and said "thanks but no thanks". The 7AT just wasn't working for me, it was a deal breaker even with my VPP pricing on the xS.

I know numerous folks who have had extended test drives. It's not that uncommon.
I guess I better ask for it more often, I'm happy not to have the salesperson in the car when I go. With my infiniti dealer I have enough trouble getting a damn loaner if I don't give them a weeks notice.