G37 Sedan

Q50 owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 07:25 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 234 Posts
I thought that it seemed quieter inside and the seats a little more comfortable. However, aside from the car feeling a little heavier and the steering feeling a little more 'Lexus', acceleration and trannie operation seemed almost identical to the 2013 G37 I just bought for about 10K less.

Nonetheless, I like the Q50 and plan to own one in 7 years or so when I am ready to trade in my 2013.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:04 PM
DONTTASEMEBRO

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
which lexus like steering? The new Lexus or the old ones?
Old 10-18-2013, 01:21 AM
1BadAssG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it seems like i'm going to be pulling the trigger on the Q50 this weekend. really liking the hagan blue with graphite interior. thoughts?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BadAssG
it seems like i'm going to be pulling the trigger on the Q50 this weekend. really liking the hagan blue with graphite interior. thoughts?
Color is irrelevant to a decision like this. What is it about the test-drive made you decide this was the right car? Base, Sport or Hybrid?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:26 AM
BSG1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd recommend driving the car longer than just a typical test-drive spin around the block. I had the opportunity to drive two different Q50's (same model, different colors) for two weeks and their shortcomings for me became apparent after at least a day or two. Maybe see if your dealership is willing to let you drive one of their loaner Q50s for the weekend before pulling the trigger on a purchase?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:35 AM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
I tested a fully loaded 3.7 Sport with DAS and LGC. The 7AT is worlds better then before no lag!

Here is where all the Q50 guys are hanging out at!

2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum
Old 10-18-2013, 12:23 PM
1BadAssG

Originally Posted by Rochester
Color is irrelevant to a decision like this. What is it about the test-drive made you decide this was the right car? Base, Sport or Hybrid?
Haha I still haven't test driven one. Today I'm gonna go to the dealer and drive one. It sucks that we only have one dealer in Vegas and not many options.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. This has become silly... /unsub

Originally Posted by 1badassg
i'm in a process of buying a q50...
Originally Posted by 1badassg
i haven't test driven one yet.
it seems like i'm going to be pulling the trigger on the Q50 this weekend.
I still haven't test driven one.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-18-2013 at 02:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PghPens (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 03:48 PM
1BadAssG

Originally Posted by Rochester
Good luck in whatever you decide to do. This has become silly... /unsub
Rochester, I know, I know. I'm taking the car for a whole day to drive around town and freeway to get a feel of it. I have appointment in the next hour. Its really hard going to a dealer when I have 100 other things to do but that doesn't justify paying for something and not even driven it.
I keep you guys updated
Old 10-18-2013, 08:30 PM
1BadAssG

I have put about 20 miles so far and I'm loving the response I'm getting from the transmission in different settings.
One thing that happened on the second startup was that the nav and other settings locked up and had to reset.

I'll have the car till tomorrow and will update you guys
Old 10-18-2013, 10:06 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I have put about 20 miles so far and I'm loving the response I'm getting from the transmission in different settings.
One thing that happened on the second startup was that the nav and other settings locked up and had to reset.

I'll have the car till tomorrow and will update you guys
So you'd better ask Black Betty if you can change your nic to 1BadAssQ
Old 10-18-2013, 10:34 PM
1BadAssG

Originally Posted by blnewt
So you'd better ask Black Betty if you can change your nic to 1BadAssQ
lol I already have on the Q forums
Old 10-19-2013, 02:16 AM
maximaseefu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chuckie311
your best bet would be to go to the dealership and test drive it..

did you get the tranmission update from march that was out?
is there a new tranny update from march 2013? I get lag from 2nd to 3rd and it's kind of jerky shift too.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:48 PM
1BadAssG

So here's my thoughts on having the car for 2 days to test out.
I absolutely love the car in sport mode. It was meant to be like this from the beginning. Its so responsive and fast that you just want to keep going.
On standard mode, the car after 150miles started to feel like my current '10 G. It would start to lag a little before taking off but once it engaged a lower gear it would take off. Not as aggressive as the G but still powerful.
The Eco mode was kinda awesome as I saw immediate gas saving and engine numbness. I managed to get 25mpg mixed which on Eco mode ON the whole time.

The bad thing about the car is the run flat tires and the in touch system. in the morning when I cold started and went on the freeway, I thought I was riding on the rims, it was that hard.
The in touch system kept lagging and stop working out of nowhere. There were no where response from the touch screens most of the time and you had to really focus on the screen to change something.
The Nav at one time did not start and had a warning that the map SD card might be corrupted. After a restart things were OK.
The backup camera is the worst quality I've ever seen. It is worst than a G with no nav package which it has the garbage quality. Also the guidance lines would not immediately show up after starting the car, you had to wait about 30-60 seconds for everything to warm up and then start backing up to see that guidance lines.

After those negatives, I decided to take the car back to the dealer and walk away from it till those issues are fixed.

Hopefully till end of December they are fixed and I might reconsider on buying one. For now, I'll stick to my G and when its lease is over, I'll drive my 93 corolla till I can make my mind on another brand of car.

Thanks for all of your inputs guys. Specially you Rochestor for giving me the ums so I could force myself to at least drive one before buying.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Rochester
Administrator

So here's my thoughts on having the car for 2 days to test out.
I absolutely love the car in sport mode. It was meant to be like this from the beginning. Its so responsive and fast that you just want to keep going.
On standard mode, the car after 150miles started to feel like my current '10 G. It would start to lag a little before taking off but once it engaged a lower gear it would take off. Not as aggressive as the G but still powerful.
The Eco mode was kinda awesome as I saw immediate gas saving and engine numbness. I managed to get 25mpg mixed which on Eco mode ON the whole time.

The bad thing about the car is the run flat tires and the in touch system. in the morning when I cold started and went on the freeway, I thought I was riding on the rims, it was that hard.
The in touch system kept lagging and stop working out of nowhere. There were no where response from the touch screens most of the time and you had to really focus on the screen to change something.
The Nav at one time did not start and had a warning that the map SD card might be corrupted. After a restart things were OK.
The backup camera is the worst quality I've ever seen. It is worst than a G with no nav package which it has the garbage quality. Also the guidance lines would not immediately show up after starting the car, you had to wait about 30-60 seconds for everything to warm up and then start backing up to see that guidance lines.

After those negatives, I decided to take the car back to the dealer and walk away from it till those issues are fixed.

Hopefully till end of December they are fixed and I might reconsider on buying one. For now, I'll stick to my G and when its lease is over, I'll drive my 93 corolla till I can make my mind on another brand of car.

Thanks for all of your inputs guys. Specially you Rochestor for giving me the ums so I could force myself to at least drive one before buying.
I saw this thread pop up and dipped back in, pleased to see you finally drove the car. And not just a test drive, but you actually lived with it for a while. Good for you.

You're right... Sport Mode is the only way to drive that car. Any other way, and it's floaty and lame. Like whatswrongwiththiscar kind of lame. I don't have an opinion about the technology, because don't care about tech. But as a driver's car, the Q50S is somewhat lacking. It's not bad, but it's also not good. Or at least, not as good as other cars (like my 6MT.)

Peace.

Quick Reply: Q50 owners