G37 Sedan

Is there anyway to add a package with the MusicBox

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Is there anyway to add a package with the MusicBox

okay so this has been making me wonder since I got my 2013 G37S 6MT in May of this year, seems like unfortunately my car didn't come with Premium or Technology package (whichever one it is that includes the MusicBox option with the 9.3GB hard drive) and my question is , if there is any way to add that package to my car , is that even possible ? I mean I was really disappointed when I found out , that my car didn't come with that, then I just found out that it does come with a certain package.... anybody can chime in on this?

Thanks a lot, Mike
Old 10-09-2013, 11:29 PM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Your car has the premium package if its a 6MT Sport. Thats a requirement of the sport package(how to tell is the center bose speaker on the dash and the rear sonar sensors)

Too bad Infiniti discontinued the use of the musicbox mid MY12.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by NJ Torque
Your car has the premium package if its a 6MT Sport. Thats a requirement of the sport package(how to tell is the center bose speaker on the dash and the rear sonar sensors)

Too bad Infiniti discontinued the use of the musicbox mid MY12.
oh okay then, I wasn't sure if it was premium or technology package or whatever... okay I see what they did there uhhh I wish they didn't discontinue that... pretty useful feature... while I'm at it, can you tell me what does technology package include at this point?

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 10-09-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:48 PM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
oh okay then, I wasn't sure if it was premium or technology package or whatever... okay I see what they did there uhhh I wish they didn't discontinue that... pretty useful feature... while I'm at it, can you tell me what does technology package include at this point?
Tech includes lane departure warning(meaning if you travel out of a lane without a turn signal it will alert you, AFS headlights(swevel when you turn) and inteligent cruise control(will slow you with respect to the car infront of you)
Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by NJ Torque
Tech includes lane departure warning(meaning if you travel out of a lane without a turn signal it will alert you, AFS headlights(swevel when you turn) and inteligent cruise control(will slow you with respect to the car infront of you)
Oh okay... so I was aware of the AFS headlights and Intelligent cruise control about aswell only the lane departure warning I wasn't aware of.. oh well could really use the AFS and Intelligent cruise control sometimes haha... but I assume not many G37S 6mt sedans have those. Thanks a lot jersey buddy !
Old 10-10-2013, 01:11 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I used to have 09 and now have a 13. I don't miss music box or SD card option at all. I almost never used it when I had it, I just had a ton of content on my 160 GB iPod or XM.

SD card support was done very poorly - it supported up to 4GB media only, so good riddance.

I am glad that Infiniti is giving us ability to plug USB devices for playback and went away from proprietary Apple connector.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by FourT2
I used to have 09 and now have a 13. I don't miss music box or SD card option at all. I almost never used it when I had it, I just had a ton of content on my 160 GB iPod or XM.

SD card support was done very poorly - it supported up to 4GB media only, so good riddance.

I am glad that Infiniti is giving us ability to plug USB devices for playback and went away from proprietary Apple connector.
yeah that's true too... I have my 32GB USB flashdrive hooked up anyway haha. so at some point we aren't really missing out on anything, I was just curious about the MusicBox that's all, because it has been making me wonder for the longest lol
Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
okay so this has been making me wonder since I got my 2013 G37S 6MT in May of this year, seems like unfortunately my car didn't come with Premium or Technology package (whichever one it is that includes the MusicBox option with the 9.3GB hard drive) and my question is , if there is any way to add that package to my car , is that even possible ? I mean I was really disappointed when I found out , that my car didn't come with that, then I just found out that it does come with a certain package.... anybody can chime in on this?

Thanks a lot, Mike
We have the same car except yours in one year newer.

My 2012 does not have a music box. It was dropped midyear in 2012. I don't miss it or need it

Name:  IPodDisplay001_zpsbf09a08a.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  37.1 KB

Telcoman

Last edited by telcoman; 10-10-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by telcoman
We have the same your except yours in one year newer.

My 2012 does not have a music box. It was dropped midyear in 2012. I don't miss it or need it

Telcoman
Yeah I know they're sisters we need to meet up finally sometime !

Originally Posted by kuceraht
Your car has the premium package if its a 6MT Sport.

Yeah that's what I was told

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 10-10-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:26 AM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
The music box sucks anyway, only way to get files into it was by burning them from a disc in the car. Can't transfer digital files through the USB. IMO not missing out on anything at all. I've got about 5 cd's saved to mine only because I occasionally buy the hard copy of an album because the quality is higher. I still wind up just using my iphone to stream through bluetooth instead.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Seems you have your answers, Mike. The 6MT is (was) a separate model G37, and has (had) the Premium Package features by default. However, Infiniti deleted the Music Box.

I loaded about 120 music CD's into my Music Box after buying the car. And it took bloody forever, too. Overall, it's a nice feature, but kind of buggy. I have about a dozen albums that overlap somehow, and keep skipping through one another whenever I play any one of them.

But as people have said here, it's not relevant anymore with today's external devices and USB or bluetooth connectivity. And the only way to "load" music is through a Music CD, which itself is becoming archaic.

All things considered, I don't think you're missing anything terribly valuable.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Mik3G37S (10-10-2013), telcoman (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Mik3G37S

yeah I got my answers... yeah just like you said it doesn't really matter anymore hence the external devices and USB or bluetooth connectivity, and yes you are right loading music through a music CD is indeed becoming a bit archaic and not too useful anymore since it only takes 1 CD at a time unlike some cars can keep up to 6 of those CDs in there and therefore I don't wanna have a bunch of CDs lying aloud in the car haha that was the only reason why MusicBox seemed like a cool feature to me

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 10-10-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:44 PM
PghPens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Mik3G37S;3687732]oh okay then, I wasn't sure if it was premium or technology package or whatever... okay I see what they did there uhhh I wish they didn't discontinue that... pretty useful feature... while I'm at it, can you tell me what does technology package include at this point?[/QUOTE]

Technology Package - G37 - Includes... Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS), Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking, Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers, and Front-Seat Pre-Crash Seat Belts.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Loric76
Registered Member

[QUOTE=PghPens;3687924]
oh okay then, I wasn't sure if it was premium or technology package or whatever... okay I see what they did there uhhh I wish they didn't discontinue that... pretty useful feature... while I'm at it, can you tell me what does technology package include at this point?[/QUOTE]

Technology Package - G37 - Includes... Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS), Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking, Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers, and Front-Seat Pre-Crash Seat Belts.
Pretty sure this is wrong. ACCS and the Rain-Sensing Wipers are included without the Technology Package (at least in Canada).
Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
PghPens

[QUOTE=Loric76;3688013]
Originally Posted by PghPens

Pretty sure this is wrong. ACCS and the Rain-Sensing Wipers are included without the Technology Package (at least in Canada).
In the States they are not.

Quick Reply: Is there anyway to add a package with the MusicBox