G37 Sedan

Is there anyway to add a package with the MusicBox

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:03 AM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Need? More of a want than a need.
I guess what I meant was you might not like it as much as you think you would. Of course, lighting them up is always fun in its own way! I miss being able to make u turns on tight two lane roads like I could in my old Cobra, lol.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
What was the topic again? This is way-y-y off track. Sorry for my contribution to that derailment, OP.

And in that context... here's a little more.

Originally Posted by brizey
I guess what I meant was you might not like it as much as you think you would. Of course, lighting them up is always fun in its own way! I miss being able to make u turns on tight two lane roads like I could in my old Cobra, lol.
Everybody is different. For me, I like pushing the car right up to the edge before it loses traction... which is an entirely different kind of fun than "lighting them up". Since none of us have even a fraction the skills of Ken Block, I personally think maintaining control is more rewarding that recovering from the loss of it. Any monkey can smash the gas, make noise and rip up $500 in rear tires.

So yes, it's entirely possible that shorter gears would make driving the car more difficult. Whether that's more or less fun is subjective.

And in full disclosure, I was that burn-out monkey... but that was 30 years ago.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-13-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:42 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Would like that entry/exit feature, just for the novelty, not because its at all necessary.

I'll keep telling myself the those with AT will experience extraneous where on their steering column/gauge cluster, and I'll be laughing over the eventual repair bill.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Would like that entry/exit feature, just for the novelty, not because its at all necessary.

I'll keep telling myself the those with AT will experience extraneous where on their steering column/gauge cluster, and I'll be laughing over the eventual repair bill.
haha yeah that's a nice feature but "I don't care, I love it" LOL just the fact that my sedan is 6MT beats the whole idea of the AT sedans having cool features that my 6MT can't have and you're right STownSaint I'd be laughing too haha

Originally Posted by Rochester
What was the topic again? This is way-y-y off track. Sorry for my contribution to that derailment, OP.

And in that context... here's a little more.

Everybody is different. For me, I like pushing the car right up to the edge before it loses traction... which is an entirely different kind of fun than "lighting them up". Since none of us have even a fraction the skills of Ken Block, I personally think maintaining control is more rewarding that recovering from the loss of it. Any monkey can smash the gas, make noise and rip up $500 in rear tires.

So yes, it's entirely possible that shorter gears would make driving the car more difficult. Whether that's more or less fun is subjective.

And in full disclosure, I was that burn-out monkey... but that was 30 years ago.

no worries Rochester, my questions were already answered sooo ..
Old 10-15-2013, 09:02 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint

The first thing I did when I got my car was to disable that feature.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by AUR11
The first thing I did when I got my car was to disable that feature.
HAHA ! gets annoying I guess , eh?