G37 Sedan

G37S 6MT Cat Back

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 05:50 PM
DrErn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37S 6MT Cat Back

I know this has been discussed in many threads, but I couldn't find a specific one for the 6MT. The only reason I say that is I've read many threads saying that the auto has a lot of drone, yet the same exhaust with the stick doesn't. So my question is I'm looking for a mild, deep, mellow cat back, no rasp, no drone. I'm looking at the Stillen and Fast Intentions, any advice would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Zack342
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have the fast intentions on my 2011 6mt and love it. its not loud or obnoxious, very very subtle.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:28 PM
pricojorge

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Top Speed

Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 AM
insidiousaudio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
y spend 1500 and not replace the cats first? the stock exhaust will sound much better with some HFCs.. personally all i care about is performance..
if you just want increase exhaust sound get a axel back
Old 10-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by insidiousaudio
y spend 1500 and not replace the cats first? the stock exhaust will sound much better with some HFCs.. personally all i care about is performance..
if you just want increase exhaust sound get a axel back
Agreed. that's why I replaced my cats first just about over a week ago now looking at exhausts
Old 10-09-2013, 12:47 AM
insidiousaudio

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Agreed. that's why I replaced my cats first just about over a week ago now looking at exhausts
oh cool.. so why not just worry about what gets you the highest gains? not to mention your not going to gain much without a tune..
im new to the g/nissan stuff esp with the VVEL. did you at least get better air filters?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by insidiousaudio
oh cool.. so why not just worry about what gets you the highest gains? not to mention your not going to gain much without a tune..
im new to the g/nissan stuff esp with the VVEL. did you at least get better air filters?
IMO Exhaust should never be about max gains, it should be about sound first. it doesnt matter if your setup yields you an extra 25rwhp if it sounds like trash.

I would go with Exhaust before HFC. all the HFC setups with the stock exhaust sound a bit raspy. getting an exhaust is going to give you that deeper throatier note.

I personally have Fast Intentions. i love it. If you are worried about drone just make sure to get the 2.25 systems and not the 2.5, the bigger the pipe the more drone, and 2.25 is plenty flow for a naturally aspirated engine.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:37 AM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Best tool to use when shopping for exhausts is youtube because just because someone lives by an exhaust brand doesn't mean you will like that sound, so you need to decide on your own. I agree you want a nice sounding exhaust first. All CB exhaust systems will give you about the same gains but you want your G to sound the way you want it. For absolutely no drone there will be Tanabe & Invidia. Some of the quietest systems on the market but with HFCs they will sound deep and aggressive. But there are plenty of others to search around for. Check around the forums for brand types and then hit up youtube. GL
Old 10-09-2013, 08:20 PM
insidiousaudio

Originally Posted by Austin713
IMO Exhaust should never be about max gains, it should be about sound first. it doesnt matter if your setup yields you an extra 25rwhp if it sounds like trash.

I would go with Exhaust before HFC. all the HFC setups with the stock exhaust sound a bit raspy. getting an exhaust is going to give you that deeper throatier note.

I personally have Fast Intentions. i love it. If you are worried about drone just make sure to get the 2.25 systems and not the 2.5, the bigger the pipe the more drone, and 2.25 is plenty flow for a naturally aspirated engine.
if i put an exhaust i dont want something that sounds the part and doesn't deliver.. you can actually lose power adding an exhaust. i didn't get my car to impress people i got it for the driving experience..

drone is natural resonance of the exhaust system. well built exhaust will have a resonance below the normal operation range. the rasp is the same but its damping at resonance is much higher.. the result is two tonal differences although both systems are resonating.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 PM
insidiousaudio

Originally Posted by pricojorge
i like what ya did to the car.. looks sweet...
Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

I went with my berk HFCs first because I thought like it's the right thing to do first, since I like to do my mods step by step, and I do agree to me aswell it is about the sound first! I was leaning more towards Fast Intensions but now after I have read some reviews and seen some vids of Invidia q300, I'm gonna go that route soon, to me it's gotta be fairly loud under WOT but not at all times. And if the Invidia q300 turns out to be too loud,deep and aggressive with the Berk HFCs then I'll sell them and get RHFCs
Old 10-09-2013, 11:45 PM
insidiousaudio

i just dont get you guys.. your want to modify your cars engine but your not worried about the performance.. seriously just get a civic..
Old 10-13-2013, 07:20 PM
DrErn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree HTC's sound raspy and kind of crappy. If I don't like the sound who cares about the slight performance gain. Anybody have the Stillen cat back?
Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
IMO Exhaust should never be about max gains, it should be about sound first.
Well then... that would be the Meisterschaft axel-back from GT Haus.

GTHAUS - Meisterschaft Performance Exhaust Systems : ver 3.0

$1847 USD Shipped, and that's *just* for the axel-back. But if you search for video clips, the sound is simply undeniable. Worth the price? Maybe so.

I wonder what a Fast Intentions RHFC set-up into OEM mid-pipes into a Meisterschaft axel-back would be like. Pretty desirable, IMO. And then it's just a skip and a jump into replacing those mid-pipes.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:08 PM
pricojorge

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
GT Haus is so overpriced for some reason, and stupid people pay that much money for a loud straight pipe sound like ...
The following users liked this post:
Glover998 (10-13-2013)

Quick Reply: G37S 6MT Cat Back